How do I report a land or person for animal intercourse?

Lemslia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

On a more serious note . . . being a furry is a matter of self-identification. If you say you're not, you're not. In SL there are plenty of furries with human avatars and plenty of non-furs with furry avatars. No biggy and no one is looking to force you to identify as one.

Except when people come up to you and say oh, bunny ears and tail, you ARE a furry.

So you see, they ARE trying to force an identity on me.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

You mean the general's refusal to accept that idea? Disagreeing with an idea is not the same as lack of knowledge. So if a club does allow ferals but no furries and you were able to sneak in as a feral and now think you are a pretty good at sneaking a furry into a no furry club - that's not what happened. That places rules just are based on a different idea from yours of what is a furry, do a backflip and say your name backwards 3 times... nothing will gonna change this. People have different ideas on what is a furry and what is not, similar to how they have different ideas on pretty much everything. For many nonfurries "anthro animal hybrid" is a furry, they dont care if you a Kilrathi, Khajiit, Neko or whatnot - in their reality you are a furry, period.

So a playboy bunny is a furry?

49 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

And yet, when someone says they dont think of themselves as a furry because they dont have fur, you tell them they are wrong... Do you see the double standard in your posts?

Whats up with you today Mr Grumpy? 2 attacks in 10 minutes?

And have I said that? I dont recall telling a person without fur they were not allowed to be a furry? Point me at a post and I will appologise for it.

People have the right to say they are furry, even if they have smooth skin, just as i have the right to say I am not a furry despite having a tail.

Edited by Callum Meriman

21 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Whats up with you today Mr Grumpy? 2 attacks in 10 minutes?

And have I said that? I dont recall telling a person without fur they were not allowed to be a furry? Point me at a post and I will appologise for it.

People have the right to say they are furry, even if they have smooth skin, just as i have the right to say I am not a furry despite having a tail.

Neither time was  i quoting you... I was quoting Ms Winslet, who was quoting you.. She said that every anthro is a furry no matter what any one thinks, then agreed with you when you said people can call themselves what they want, then she said again they are all furries no matter what..  

And i was teasing with the "guidelines" post in the negative thread, sort of. We all really should follow the guidelines. Which would mean i shouldn't reply to this post but i feel the need to sort this as i respect you and value your opinions. 99.99999% of the time we are on the same wavelength. Sorry for any confusion or bad feelings. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

And i was teasing with the "guidelines" post in the negative thread, sort of.

teasing or not,  "we" .me..i..and myself too...  derail subjects  quite often, sometimes with reason, but also sometimes just drifting away by going into off topic details used as illustration of a post.... so think your post was totally right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

On a more serious note . . . being a furry is a matter of self-identification. If you say you're not, you're not. In SL there are plenty of furries with human avatars and plenty of non-furs with furry avatars. No biggy and no one is looking to force you to identify as one.

And I’ve said the same many times. In fact, in the very post that you are responding to, I said:

13 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

Now, if you or someone you know doesn't want to identify as furries, that's fine. But by no means does the term, as usually used by those of us in the fandom, exclude those with scales, feathers, etc. 

So basically I have repeatedly said the opposite of what you’re accusing me of saying. 

6 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Neither time was  i quoting you... I was quoting Ms Winslet, who was quoting you.. She said that every anthro is a furry no matter what any one thinks, then agreed with you when you said people can call themselves what they want, then she said again they are all furries no matter what..  

No I didn’t. I’m actually the one who originally said being a furry is a matter of self identification. 

Edited by Female Winslet

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

....and IBTL!

Hopefully not yet, When OP is so rude to delete their OP... seems fair game to have a thread to discuss random minutia.

Bonus points when the OP's original premise was a bit silly.

Edit: keeps the discussion in one place and it's super easy for the Lab to nuke the thread out of existance. Without the OP, nothing of value is lost. 

Edited by Callum Meriman

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Except in these three posts where you define what furry means, no matter what anyone else thinks. 

If i decide that as a dragon anthro i am not a furry you will say i am, but you then say if i say i'm not a furry then i'm not. Which is, Ms Winslet? 

If you can't understand the difference between defining a word and forcing an identity on someone then, with all due respect, I think you are the one who has the problem, not me. Hey, the furry fandom doesn't really have any rules. If you want to have your own private definition of terms, go for it and have fun! Might make conversations with you kinda confusing, but hey, enjoy!

I don't think there's any point in discussing with you any further, so I'm done.

4 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

And I’ve said the same many times. In fact, in the very post that you are responding to, I said:

So basically I have repeatedly said the opposite of what you’re accusing me of saying. 

Except in these three posts where you define what furry means, no matter what anyone else thinks. 

20 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

BZZZZZZZZZT!

Keep studying for the furry licensing exam. Furries are anthro animals. No requirement to have fur. In the immortal words of Kurrel the Raven:

First off, what's furry?
That's an easy thing to tell:
It's an animal that happens to be human as well.
In technical terms we call it anthropomorphics,
But it's easy to explain without all the linguistics;
If it walks like a person but meows like a cat,
You've got yourself a furry - it's as simple as that!

If it talks like a person and flies like a bird,
Then it's still a furry even though it sounds absurd.
'Cause even though birds have feathers and not fur,
Mammals are the commonest type of furry in the world
So the word comes from them.
Even starting with a fly,
You'll end up with a furry no matter how hard you try.

Fur not required. :-)

But I do draw the line at vegetables. Leave asparagus out long enough and it will be furry. That is different from being a furry.

17 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

And also there are herps. And weres. And others I know I'm forgetting.

And they all fit within the larger category of "Furry." That's why you go to a furcon or a meet and you see all those dragons and dinosaurs and birds and stuff. Go to a furclub in SL and you also see tons of them too. Mammals are most popular. But we're a pretty inclusive bunch. We don't throw people out for having feathers.

Yes, it has been that way for decades.

Now, if you or someone you know doesn't want to identify as furries, that's fine. But by no means does the term, as usually used by those of us in the fandom, exclude those with scales, feathers, etc. 

If i decide that as a dragon anthro i am not a furry you will say i am, but you then say if i say i'm not a furry then i'm not. Which is, Ms Winslet? 

14 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

I definitely do. Talking animal = anthro animal even if it walks around on four legs. Or, to invoke Kurrel the Raven again (because I like that song):

If it talks like a person and flies like a bird,
Then it's still a furry even though it sounds absurd.

Talking bird = a furry even though it flies around like a regular bird. And one favorite furry movie of mine is the 2016 version of The Jungle Book. Lots of walking talking feral type animals. 

Also, see the furry spectrum meme I posted earlier. In which cat (but still a furry) is the furthest to the right. I personally spend most of my time in SL bouncing between "Very furry" and "cat" levels of the meme.

Most people now classify the entire group as Anthros, not furries. The die hard old school furs resist change like a boho resisting bathing... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.