How do I report a land or person for animal intercourse?

Lemslia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

29 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Actually, I thought most people would be surprised to learn that being a furry requires licensure . . . .

we are just trying to define what a furry is. I know words have no absolute meaning to most people these days, but some of us prefer clear precise definitions.

For example:

Question: What is a furry?

Modern Answer: its whatever you want it to be

In other words, the "correct" answer these days is no answer at all.

22 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

we are just trying to define what a furry is. I know words have no absolute meaning to most people these days, but some of us prefer clear precise definitions.

For example:

Question: What is a furry?

Modern Answer: its whatever you want it to be

In other words, the "correct" answer these days is no answer at all.

Simple. An anthro animal. There are no rules as to how much animal or how much human. The fandom, as a whole, doesn't have a lot of rules, so things like that are left kind of ambiguous and undefined. 

I know this stuff because I have a furry license. You learn it when you study for the Federal Furry Administration's furry licensing exam. ?

10 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

Simple. An anthro animal. There are no rules as to how much animal or how much human. The fandom, as a whole, doesn't have a lot of rules, so things like that are left kind of ambiguous and undefined. 

I know this stuff because I have a furry license. You learn it when you study for the Federal Furry Administration's furry licensing exam. ?

I'm a proud member of the Whazit club. At times i'm a furry, scaley, full fledged animal, human, demon, toaster, whatever. 

12 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

i believe i called a furry an anthro animal days and days ago.

i also said a human wearing neko (or bunny) ears and a tail is NOT a furry because they are human and not an animal. 

and yes Fiona I know humans are animals because they certainly aren't plants, but i do suspect some of the forum members might have plant material for brains

13 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Does it have fur? 
YES: It is a furry
No: It is not a furry. 

BZZZZZZZZZT!

Keep studying for the furry licensing exam. Furries are anthro animals. No requirement to have fur. In the immortal words of Kurrel the Raven:

First off, what's furry?
That's an easy thing to tell:
It's an animal that happens to be human as well.
In technical terms we call it anthropomorphics,
But it's easy to explain without all the linguistics;
If it walks like a person but meows like a cat,
You've got yourself a furry - it's as simple as that!

If it talks like a person and flies like a bird,
Then it's still a furry even though it sounds absurd.
'Cause even though birds have feathers and not fur,
Mammals are the commonest type of furry in the world
So the word comes from them.
Even starting with a fly,
You'll end up with a furry no matter how hard you try.

Fur not required. :-)

But I do draw the line at vegetables. Leave asparagus out long enough and it will be furry. That is different from being a furry.

11 hours ago, Phorumities said:

i also said a human wearing neko (or bunny) ears and a tail is NOT a furry because they are human and not an animal. 

Gee willikers. I didn't know humans had cats ears and tails. But then again, I passed the furry licensing exam. I do *not* have a human license. So it is entirely possible that humans started growing those things and I didn't know. I am but a simple snow leopard and not very knowledgeable about hoomans.

11 hours ago, Phorumities said:

and yes Fiona I know humans are animals because they certainly aren't plants, but i do suspect some of the forum members might have plant material for brains

Wait . . . just the previous line you drew a distinction based on neko's being humans and therefore not animals. Now, in the very next sentence, you say humans are animals. This is way too confusing for a simple snep like me.

On a more serious note . . . being a furry is a matter of self-identification. If you say you're not, you're not. In SL there are plenty of furries with human avatars and plenty of non-furs with furry avatars. No biggy and no one is looking to force you to identify as one.

40 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

BZZZZZZZZZT!

Keep studying for the furry licensing exam. Furries are anthro animals. No requirement to have fur. In the immortal words of Kurrel the Raven:

Talk about pretentious. Furrys have fur, scalies have scales and featheries have feathers. Its been that way for decades. 

20 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Wait . . . just the previous line you drew a distinction based on neko's being humans and therefore not animals. Now, in the very next sentence, you say humans are animals. This is way too confusing for a simple snep like me.

As someone whose had 4 ears for 12 years, I am not a furry, nor am I human, but something more. I prefer to think of myself as Yōkai. 

While there are without doubt some hybrids who feel like they are furries, I do feel a huge chunk of nekos/kitsu/usagi/nezumi would also say they were not furry.

22 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

On a more serious note . . . being a furry is a matter of self-identification. If you say you're not, you're not. In SL there are plenty of furries with human avatars and plenty of non-furs with furry avatars. No biggy and no one is looking to force you to identify as one.

You are correct. That's what it comes down to. How one identifies one's self. :) 

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Furrys have fur, scalies have scales and featheries have feathers. Its been that way for decades. 

And also there are herps. And weres. And others I know I'm forgetting.

And they all fit within the larger category of "Furry." That's why you go to a furcon or a meet and you see all those dragons and dinosaurs and birds and stuff. Go to a furclub in SL and you also see tons of them too. Mammals are most popular. But we're a pretty inclusive bunch. We don't throw people out for having feathers.

Yes, it has been that way for decades.

Now, if you or someone you know doesn't want to identify as furries, that's fine. But by no means does the term, as usually used by those of us in the fandom, exclude those with scales, feathers, etc. 

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Talk about pretentious.

I thought I was being so silly that this would be obvious, so I didn't plan on explaining it. But here goes.

There is actually no such thing as the Federal Furry Administration, no such thing as a furry license, and no such thing as the furry licensing exam. That was a joke. I guess I should warn you that the Amalgamated Furry Union Local 272 that represents furries in negotiation with management is also a joke, as is the collective bargaining agreement. The union and the collective bargaining do not exist.

I guess I should feel proud that my dignity is so great that I can be accused of pretentious silliness. Talk about peak cat.

But on a more serious point, you might want to draw your attention to . . . .

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

You are correct. That's what it comes down to. How one identifies one's self. :) 

❤️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You don’t consider ferals as part of the furry spectrum?

I definitely do. Talking animal = anthro animal even if it walks around on four legs. Or, to invoke Kurrel the Raven again (because I like that song):

If it talks like a person and flies like a bird,
Then it's still a furry even though it sounds absurd.

Talking bird = a furry even though it flies around like a regular bird. And one favorite furry movie of mine is the 2016 version of The Jungle Book. Lots of walking talking feral type animals. 

Also, see the furry spectrum meme I posted earlier. In which cat (but still a furry) is the furthest to the right. I personally spend most of my time in SL bouncing between "Very furry" and "cat" levels of the meme.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.