Male skin applier using Omega?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An awful lot of the more popular and talented male skin creators only make skins of Catwa or other particular heads and bodies. I know 7 Deadly S[k]ins uses Omega but there must be some others out there. 

If you know some I should check out, please list them. I am guessing a lot are NOT on the Marketplace (OR the search is completely borked LOL)

Thanks.

Drag your male friends to Fantasy Faire (seems to be my go to answer theese days, LOL :D, I admit I work for one of the shops there - but no skin shop) The male fanatsy skinmakers do human skins too, not as much as the humie skin makers... but they are easy to be forgotten. All fantasy skinmakers I know off have male omega skins too.

Edited by Fionalein

29 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Most of them tend to reserve Omega for body appliers (alongside the usual Signature, Slink, etc). However, I've dug through my collection of applier skins and found three from stores that have some Omega faces: VYC, Go & See, and The Plastik.

Thanks. Will check those out. 

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Sinful Needs, Fallen Gods, ND/MD all make omega skins

Thanks. Checked. Looking for a middle of the road NON fantasy high quality skin. Prefer some quality facial hair (hard to come by sometimes :D). So far I am seeing a big gaping hole that some talented creator could fill LOL.    There really ARE other heads besides Catwa (sorry, chuckling here). I think he may have to stay as he is for awhile.  I liked VYC a lot (thanks Skell) but nothing was the right skin tone. Some gorgeous work there though.  

I see LOTS that WOULD work if they were only Omega. He looks fine at the moment but just a bit to "vanilla" in that HO-HUM way :D.

I'll keep checking back.  I know how tough it is for guys.   

• Like 2

:D I guess I wasn't quite clear when I first posted. I really DO want skins that are of the quality of the folks that ONLY make for Catwa LOL.   I am a VERY PICKY GAL when it comes to quality.   

VYC's tip from Skell wins my vote on that contest but while gorgeous, they just wouldn't work for this guy.  "I" might splurge and get one for ManChic someday - who knows. 

I do appreciate the help though!!!!  If I find some new and noteworthy brand I will add to this thread.  

On 4/27/2018 at 11:52 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

*ahem* Me stupid ... the Omega group gave a subtle hint for their very own link collection:

http://slpoweredbyomega.com/shopping-guide/skin-eye-and-nail-designers/

And in pictures: https://www.flickr.com/groups/2654212@N20/

Thanks I see a few more. Since it is the head he is looking for it is only a few more but will check.  

Only a couple on the list and some only worked on SOME Omega brands?   I think he is going to be stuck where his is for awhile. 

But I DO appreciate the suggestions and have at least one new male skin shop on my radar. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

On 4/27/2018 at 2:51 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Perhaps they should get in touch with @Chellynne Bailey and kindly request an update of the list...

There is a link at the top of the page for anyone who wants to get listed. I don't actively search the Market for new omega creators. That would be madness.

42 minutes ago, Chellynne Bailey said:

There is a link at the top of the page for anyone who wants to get listed. I don't actively search the Market for new omega creators. That would be madness.

Really not your job, I agree. I think I found most everyone, unfortunately nothing that will work for my friend (or actually a few). So there IS a design niche to fill :D.     

And for anyone else reading this in the future. 

TRY THE DEMOS.   Not only do some NOT work with Omega and certain heads (this is mentioned on the Omega site so again not their issues) but I found several "creative vendor photos" that negated the inherent flaws :D.   So keep to the Forum Credo and TEST. Don't complain later when you did not.

My friend has a seam still but he looks pretty good. Another decided to stay with his three year old look until some "better skins for Omega" came along.    

Since I just took a screenshot to send along to yet ANOTHER male friend LOL.  Here is what he ended up with. Some shape changes to the head and a different skin that he already had are going to have to keep him for awhile.   HE WAS WILLING TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS PROJECT -0- just couldn't find what he needed :D

And I just figured out how to make my giant photos smaller. Gotta read that small print !  

I guess I should say that he COULD have purchased the body applier to go with this head skin, but the body didn't measure up at all in quality to the head unfortunately.   He DID try the demo. 

image.thumb.png.7b367031d1f2ce572ba36b246d3918eb.png

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.