Most discriminated against group of avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:04 AM, cykarushb said:

I think you guys just hang around toxic people, again, i very rarely see anyone discriminate against others based on what kind of avatar they have or if theyre new or what social circles theyre in or anything.

Do you leave your parcel, or ever talk to other avies? Not trying to be an idiot, but "discrimination" (whether it be out and out banning of certain types of avies, to people just talking crap) is extremely common on the grid, and has been for the 11 or 12 years I've been around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

I had a couple of reactions when I read this. The first was to wonder which non-humans are participating in Second Life. I was under the impression that everyone in second life was a human behind the screen rather than a non-human.

You asked about avatars, and everyone, including me in the post you quoted, is talking about, avatars, not the people at the keyboards. So I didn't read through the rest of your post.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Female Winslet said:

So that means simply changing avatars is not as simple as changing clothes. It also means discrimination based on avatar type hits the person behind the screen. Which probably is why the topic of avatar type discrimination keeps coming up. It really does sting the person behind the screen. And most people don't like being stung and wish that other people would quit it.

This argument has also been done to death on the forums.

If they don't like it they are welcome to start their own region with their rules, and open admittance criteria.

The rationale behind the Labs policy on this is that someone paying US$295 a month to rent what is effectively a chat-room shouldn't need to share it with people they don't wish to.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

This argument has also been done to death on the forums.

If they don't like it they are welcome to start their own region with their rules, and open admittance criteria.

The rationale behind the Labs policy on this is that someone paying US$295 a month to rent what is effectively a chat-room shouldn't need to share it with people they don't wish to.

Again . . . so?

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So far, serious suggestions for most discriminated groups on SL are:

- Furries

- Noobs

- Non-mesh 

Kids were mentioned, and they are heavily discriminated against - as well as being the only group with a perma-ban from SL hanging over their head.

Edited by Callum Meriman

7 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

deserve?

Vampires are tedious and add you to Spam databases, steal your soul, etc.

Kids (according to recent posts) cause chaos at such places as AFK hangouts, and investigations by Govern8 L. Just sayin’. Phrased another way, my land is Adult.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Kids (according to recent posts) cause chaos at such places as AFK hangouts, and investigations by Govern8 L. Just sayin’. Phrased another way, my land is Adult.

There are bad kids in SL just like that are bad furries, bad noobs, bad mesh folks, bad non-mesh folks, (and maybe babyfurs) etc...  By the same token there are good ones in all those categories.  Thus in reality none of them deserve to be hated as a group.

Vampires, at least Bloodlines, might deserve it because they actually spam folks with their stupid 'can I bite you' message box.  AFAIK, the other vampire types don't.  I don't care what is on a website or in a database as long as they leave me the F** alone.

And, IMO, your avatar doesn't have a soul, so nobody can steal it.  Unless you want to RP that, then the vampires will be okay and fit right in with the RP.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't think either of those means they "deserve" to be hated.

"Deserve" is a punishment word.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are bad kids in SL just like that are bad furries, bad noobs, bad mesh folks, bad non-mesh folks, (and maybe babyfurs) etc...  By the same token there are good ones in all those categories.  Thus in reality none of them deserve to be hated as a group.

Vampires, at least Bloodlines, might deserve it because they actually spam folks with their stupid 'can I bite you' message box.  AFAIK, the other vampire types don't.  I don't care what is on a website or in a database as long as they leave me the F** alone.

And, IMO, your avatar doesn't have a soul, so nobody can steal it.  Unless you want to RP that, then the vampires will be okay and fit right in with the RP.

1 minute ago, Callum Meriman said:

I don't think either of those means they "deserve" to be hated.

Ok, taking your two answers together perhaps no group “deserves” to be hated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Not necessarily

image.png.909fab4302b030dccd4df8ea298dd95d.png

I deserve to be loved and appreciated.    :)

Bloodlines does behave in a manner deserving of punishment - i.e. banning from sims.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But not all “kids” are bad, I get it.

I mostly wore a kid avatar for the best part of a decade. I still have one I can pull out when dress code requires, but in the end the number of people who hurled verbal abuse at me when I was out shopping was too much to keep going.

It's a small community on a very limited number of regions, 99% are very decent people who have put up with a lot of exclusion, even the lab saying "You are not welcome to participate". (That was for SL5B). And it's the only group in SL that has a zero-tolerance axe over their necks, that also gets very tiring.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.