99L Bento head

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, LexxiXhan said:

Having no animations isn't a big problem as those can be sourced elsewhere, and the Omega-compatibility is a big plus. I'd still prefer to try a demo first though..

It looks like she has a demo in her inworld store!

• Like 1

I popped by and picked up the demo..

Another big plus is that she comes with some nicely textured mesh eyelashes that are rigged to the head (something I wish I could get for my other heads).

She also responds to the facial AOs of my Altamura heads so finding animations that work for anyone buying the full version shouldn't be much trouble.

Unfortunately, the demo doesn't include the HUD and I know that HUD usability can be a factor in purchase decisions.

Edited by LexxiXhan

7 minutes ago, angeoco said:

The no-copy permissions would stop me recommending it to anybody. It's important to me to be able to have several copies of a head, each one with different appliers etc., and include the appropriate head in each outfit.

Hmm, I don't currently have a mesh head, so this concept is foreign to me.  For my body, I just let the Outfits function create a link to the body within each Outfit folder.  I think only once did I actually make a copy of the body with the leggins applier on it and the alpha cuts for the sweater I was wearing.  It made going back to the outfit easier, but since I seldom ever wear the same thing twice anyway, I decided it was more hassle that it was worth.

I guess I could see the 'copy' need if I were to change makeup often, since anything 'applied' is not actually saved via a link to the object -- unlike me currently having tattoo layer makeup.  Besides makeup, are there other appliers to heads that might get changed out a lot?

Personally, I'm not wild about no-copy just because I can't have a backup in my inventory.  If an issue comes up, I actually would have to go to the store for a redelivery.   Or worse yet, is it 'transfer'?  That would even eliminate a redelivery option.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

8 minutes ago, angeoco said:

The no-copy permissions would stop me recommending it to anybody. It's important to me to be able to have several copies of a head, each one with different appliers etc., and include the appropriate head in each outfit.

Oh yes, that would be an issue for me too, although the built in Omega does make it less of a faff to change skins and makeup for an outfit.

FWIW, the demo head is copyable so it could be worth confirming that isn't the case with the full version... ie, it might be some other part of the package that's no-copy.

A quick pic of the demo:

5aba5ef6e71cf_ChloeHead_001.thumb.png.e0fd3b42540dfad450945154f26efb6d.png

(the missing neck and scalp portions is just part of the 'demo compromise', along with the writing all over the skin).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Besides makeup, are there other appliers to heads that might get changed out a lot?

There is skin, but most people would probably never change that. In my case I have heads with fantasy skins and paler/darker skins, and also have heads with the scripts removed, for low-script situations.

Something else caught my eye there too. The demo contains a notecard titled "Colivati body skin appliers needed". It contains a link to where we can get a 450 L$ body skin to match the supplied skin on the 99 L$ head. I assume that's just marketing on behalf of Colivati, and normal Omega skins will work, but it should be made clearer. I could not get Omega appliers to work on the demo.

Yet another edit smile.png : The shape supplied with the demo is (strangely) no-modify, so I wore another shape and played with it, and I must say the results were not good. The response to sliders is crude and it seems any departure from the supplied shape will give poor results. I think my advice to any newbie interested in this head would be to stick with their system head and save their money for something better.

Edited by angeoco
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LexxiXhan said:

Unfortunately, the demo doesn't include the HUD and I know that HUD usability can be a factor in purchase decisions.

There is no mention of a HUD in the marketplace description, so it looks like there is none. Such a simple head would not need one anyway I suppose.

Ok so I was updating my catwa head and said what the heck. I slapped something together with an old Elysium skin and didn't even change my shape.  Here's an unedited shot with the head:

Annie.jpg

Edited by janetosilio
This is the head!!!
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Oh yes, that would be an issue for me too, although the built in Omega does make it less of a faff to change skins and makeup for an outfit.

FWIW, the demo head is copyable so it could be worth confirming that isn't the case with the full version... ie, it might be some other part of the package that's no-copy.

A quick pic of the demo:

(the missing neck and scalp portions is just part of the 'demo compromise', along with the writing all over the skin).

So cute!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

A quick pic of the demo:

Pretty!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

FYI - You can buy the head on the MP for L$99, but what appears to be the exact same head inworld sells for L$500.

Hmmm... are they being sold by the same person?

Have you just found some copy-theft?

Or perhaps the permissions differ between them? That screenshot implies the inworld one is copy. That alone would explain the price difference if it is the case.

Or did somebody just goof on pricing.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

Could be a limited time offer as well. Who knows what is going on in a creator's brain? And selling it at 99 will more likely generate much more lindens in total than selling it at 500 ever would.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

In addition to the alreadz posted speculations, its not unheard off for merchants to have a marketplace only or inworld only bargain deal like this. Have come across this plenty of times where merchants posted on their MP listing "Get 10% on in world purchases" and just came across one store in world today that had a deal on something that was 50% off if purchased on the marketplace.

It's a good way to lure more people into shopping in world as opposed to the MP but can work the other way around as well.

Either way it's a really nice looking head and I am tempted to get it. 99L is peanuts considering a full fledged bento head goes for 5000L. (from the big two anyway.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.