99L Bento head

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Hmmm... are they being sold by the same person?

Have you just found some copy-theft?

Or perhaps the permissions differ between them? That screenshot implies the inworld one is copy. That alone would explain the price difference if it is the case.

Or did somebody just goof on pricing.

The MP is the same store owner as the inworld shop.  The MP one specifically says "Promo". 

I just verified that the MP version I bought matches the store contents completely, including being copyable.

The MP listing says it is No Copy, No Mod, No Transfer, but it is copy.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Ok so I was updating my catwa head and said what the heck. I slapped something together with an old Elysium skin and didn't even change my shape.  Here's an unedited shot with the head:

Annie.jpg

Did you have any issues with applying lipstick?  I'm playing with the head and using some Omega appliers, but all of the face makeup is only outlining the lips, rather than fully coloring them.

I was a bit amazed that using my current shape, the head did not end up massively distorted, which is what I gather happens with a lot of the heads if you don't use a shape specific to the head.

• Like 1

I caved and bought it, I'll fiddle around with it tomorrow when I'm more awake.

How would I add animations to eat it (oh boy I am more tired than I thought)? The head I use is a non-bento one, so a bento head is news to me o.o;;

Also, is it possible to make these animations myself? I make animations anyway using blender avastar, would I just use the normal avatar and only animate the facial bones?

Edited by Syn Anatine
tiiiiiired

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Did you have any issues with applying lipstick?  I'm playing with the head and using some Omega appliers, but all of the face makeup is only outlining the lips, rather than fully coloring them.

I was a bit amazed that using my current shape, the head did not end up massively distorted, which is what I gather happens with a lot of the heads if you don't use a shape specific to the head.

I didn't try any lipstick unfortunately. Since I had my catwa off, I just threw it on and put an omega skin on it and snapped a pic. Then I took it off. I was surprised it looked right without doing anything to my shape too! 

It really is pretty, I might play around with making some lipstick for it. I think I remember there being a dev kit in there. That sounds like a job for tomorrow though!

Just commenting so I can find this in the morning. It is a good looking head agree. 

One thing that MIGHT have something to do with the appliers not working is that there is apparently some sort of Omega that isn't a relay and isn't the installed. It is in the Exmachina V2 guy body. What I found with that was that only NEWISH appliers worked and not the old ones. I couldn't find any actual info on what is going on there -- even on the Omega web page where it sent you LOL.   But it MIGHT have something to do with that. 

I too will check back tomorrow when more awake and see what you guys figured out.   I have a Gizelle head that I haven't used but this looks a lot like "me" I think. My old Letluka head is a bit problematic since it never took Omega. And now there aren't that many folks making specifically for Letluka. So --- who knows. 

Thanks for all the info. 

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Interesting. Strange though. I am at a loss as to the seller's motivations on the differences.

It could be some misplaced checkbox? It does not generate thme automatically, you have to set them (so your copy/mod /notrans  item can be boxed up in a no copy/no mod/no trans delivery box)

Edited by Fionalein

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

One thing that MIGHT have something to do with the appliers not working is that there is apparently some sort of Omega that isn't a relay and isn't the installed. It is in the Exmachina V2 guy body. What I found with that was that only NEWISH appliers worked and not the old ones. I couldn't find any actual info on what is going on there -- even on the Omega web page where it sent you LOL.   But it MIGHT have something to do with that. 

This is definitely possible.  I think the makeups I was messing with were mostly from early and mid last year.  Since I don't have a mesh head yet, I have a folder that I toss all of my mesh head makeup in to - the stuff I get as gifts at events or from groups.  It was that batch of stuff that I was pulling things from.

I'll find something from the last couple of months and try that.

Since the head didn't immediately deform using my normal shape, it is already close to the 'me' that I know.  I'm going to play with shape setting tonight and see what I can come up with.  If it will at least take newer Omega makeups (not that I use much) and if the shape will become mostly 'me', then it will work for me as an initial plunge into the mesh head world.  For now, I don't care about the lack of facial animations in it.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is definitely possible.  I think the makeups I was messing with were mostly from early and mid last year.  Since I don't have a mesh head yet, I have a folder that I toss all of my mesh head makeup in to - the stuff I get as gifts at events or from groups.  It was that batch of stuff that I was pulling things from.

I'll find something from the last couple of months and try that.

Since the head didn't immediately deform using my normal shape, it is already close to the 'me' that I know.  I'm going to play with shape setting tonight and see what I can come up with.  If it will at least take newer Omega makeups (not that I use much) and if the shape will become mostly 'me', then it will work for me as an initial plunge into the mesh head world.  For now, I don't care about the lack of facial animations in it.

The only thing that I can think of about the facial features is that hopefully there is some way to get BACK to the base head (although I think someone said it actually WAS copy, so that solves that sort of). Some Bento poses have facial features with them and getting "back to normal" can be tricky depending on the head. If there was no way to return to default that could be pesky. This from my alt as I am wearing an old Letluka still. 

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The only thing that I can think of about the facial features is that hopefully there is some way to get BACK to the base head (although I think someone said it actually WAS copy, so that solves that sort of).

Yes, it is copy.

I did try the head demo. It is a pretty thing. My only observation is that the "bento" part seems to move a lot less with the sliders than the altamura or akeruka heads.   Also having the demo with lots invisible and NO ears seemed kind of odd. This certainly seems to be a legitimate seller though which was one of the original questions.    It is nice that it is built based on the default body and you don't look especially weird when you put it on. Have no idea why that happens. Not a mesh head maker obviously :D. 

On 28.3.2018 at 6:31 AM, janetosilio said:

It really is pretty, I might play around with making some lipstick for it. I think I remember there being a dev kit in there. That sounds like a job for tomorrow though!

You need no head devkit for an omega lipstick, only the oemga creator'S tools (which AFAIK are free)

I went and bought this because a. cheap and b. people here are saying it doesn't warp when you use a regular shape on it.  So I was curious, and I tried a bunch of different shapes with it.  Here's some comparisons between the classic head and the Chloe head:

chloeheadshapes.png.aa4cb3572aae37b2406fbbeeb91585ff.png

And wow, it really doesn't change much.  That's good and bad at the same time, really.  It's hard to make a bad shape for Chloe but I also can't make a weird one.  She's still absolutely worth the price.

• Like 3

The maker is probably trying to get some encouragement to keep developing skill, and 99L doesn't seem so bad for a one-off, even if it's a little clunky. I'd bet a lot of users who aren't filthy SL rich could appreciate it for what it is.

My alt gets really bored sometimes, and she was feeling all frumpy, so I got her the 500L "normie" head from the maker of my main's anime-esque avi, and I have to admit, they finally made mesh do what I wished it could do when I first tried it and was disappointed with it. I guess the whole Bento thing is actually cool after all.

From what I can tell so far, for the L$, the head in question in this thread is definitely a step up from lots of mesh heads I've seen that cost a lot more, some of which aren't even moddable. If I recall, I allllmost spent some L$2500 on a head once, and decided against it just because my old head's mouth moves, and that one's didn't.

tl;dr: If you got it to spend, I'd say it's worth a try, at least.

Edited by Berksey
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I thought it was worth the price for a basic bento mesh head. 

Most definitely, which is why I was going to nab it for an alt last night.  However, she already has a few other super cheap heads, so I'm not going to bother with the increased price -- even though L$500 is still a decent price for the head.  

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most definitely, which is why I was going to nab it for an alt last night.  However, she already has a few other super cheap heads, so I'm not going to bother with the increased price -- even though L$500 is still a decent price for the head.  

It's kind of my fault, I didn't mention it was a limited time promo offer.

33 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

It's kind of my fault, I didn't mention it was a limited time promo offer.

Back on Tue, since I had gone to the store and it was priced at L$500  there - coupled with Cesartje mentioning that it was a Promo - I knew the L$99 wouldn't last long. 

On 3/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, Syn Anatine said:

I caved and bought it, I'll fiddle around with it tomorrow when I'm more awake.

How would I add animations to eat it (oh boy I am more tired than I thought)? The head I use is a non-bento one, so a bento head is news to me o.o;;

Also, is it possible to make these animations myself? I make animations anyway using blender avastar, would I just use the normal avatar and only animate the facial bones?

There are a few facial animation huds out there. When I jump on a little later I’ll post some details. I’m a little interested in messing around with it myself.

I know we have a lot of tinkers here and I love tinkering.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.