Transactions Page shows multiple days transactions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
2 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Actually I hate what I guess is the current bookmark feature, because my Safari bookmark to the transaction page is forever on a past years Valentine’s Day.I would like to just go to whatever today’s date is, as it did in the distant past. 

I'm gonna venture a guess that you bookmarked a URL with a  date, not just the https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history#/  link which would take you to the default. But that sounds to me like you would be happier without that opportunity for error :D

38 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Alright! while we're on a roll, tell me please: is there still a (strong) use case for the URL on the transaction page to change when the selected date range changes (basically allowing you to bookmark a specific date range). 

I've personally never had a need for bookmarking date ranges. It's so rare that I'm interested in anything other than today or yesterday that I don't mind using the calendar controls for those cases.

Plus, given that only the last three months' worth of transactions are available, date range bookmarks have a limited shelf life.

@Grumpity Linden I see that your intentions were good, and it is good to see you all trying to please your users! *thumbsup*  That said,  as someone who has been using that existing transaction page for over a dozen years it was an unwelcome change.  Granted *most* SL denizens are probably not merchants and don't have a boatload of transactions showing... but for those of who are, and who do this change hard!  I would like to propose that you change the page in the following way to best suit the largest number of users of the transactions page.

1) Return to the default of "today's" transactions.  Add quick filter links for Today, Past 7 days, Past month, Past 3 months.  

...........it would be really awesome if these links were static URLS that we could bookmark that would always just set the date range for us click free - always to the correct date range.

2) To appease those without daily transactions to see - rather than an empty page (which is disconcerting for some I am sure), include a small table showing current linden balance and a note that they can do a quick filter to see older transactions.  If you were really feeling fancy you could simply show the last transaction they have on record so they can see how far they need to go back to see anything.

That second one would make the page less confusing if there are no transactions to show.  There are far fewer people checking their daily transactions that do not have any, than there are of us who peer in to see how our shops are doing today on a more regular basis.

I hope you will consider this arrangement. 

Anybody else agreeing with this sort of setup?

-----------------------------

EDITED TO ADD:  Sorry I had not seen your screen shot with the quick filter links (not sure how i missed it) - I would suggest that you put the quick links *above* the csv/xls download buttons rather than underneath as shown.  It seems more logical to me that way around. 

Edited by Dictatorshop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dictatorshop said:

1) Return to the default of "today's" transactions.  Add quick filter links for Today, Past 7 days, Past month, Past 3 months.  

...........it would be really awesome if these links were static URLS that we could bookmark that would always just set the date range for us click free - always to the correct date range.

That definitely yes, and as soon as possible.

As a merchant, I can assure that is quite boring to have to change the set every single time I want to check on today sales.

The added filter/buttons/static pages to actually have the automatic filtering would also be quite interesting, even if, for me, it's definitely the rolling back to see today transaction that would be much more useful and urgent

Thankyou so much for putting through the filters idea, and I would like to ask that there be an actual selector for what we want the default to be, rather than it hold whatever was the last used.

Sometimes I might look back over a certain date range, say the length a certain event has been running to filter and see total earnings from that event, but the next time I visit I would like it to just show me daily again. So being able to specify just today as my preferred default view would be much better.

Thankyou again for implementing these changes, in the end it is a great outcome for everyone in flexibility of use, even if it did make things temporarily more frustrating for a number of people.

With all due respect, I don't think this change was the best idea.  As a merchant I want to keep an eye on my daily sales, and IF I want different date range I would select what I need. This new default date range is confusing. Maybe the best option would be to simply roll back to what it was and let us use it as we need it.

39 minutes ago, Rhys Goode said:

Please, please, please, hurry with the fix so I can see one day at a time again. Sorting out a week is just too much, at least for me.

While more of a pain, you can override the date range at the top of the page to only be a single day.

13 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Now I cannot do even that. Everything blank. 

Eeek - Mine works perfectly.  When I went to it after Grumpity's post, it defaulted to today and showed links for other options as well as the normal date range ability.

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Eeek - Mine works perfectly.  When I went to it after Grumpity's post, it defaulted to today and showed links for other options as well as the normal date range ability.

It works on my iMac but not on my iPad, which is what I usually use to check

ETA  Fixed this morning.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Ohai! check out those good looking filters in your transaction history... 

It works! I had to clear my cookies first, though. Prior to that, it kept appending the date range to the URL, thus overriding the filters and showing a week regardless of which filter was selected.

After clearing cookies and restarting Chrome it now uses URLs without date ranges, like so:

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history?days=0&lang=en-US#/

I'm using Chrome on Win 10, in case that info is useful.

• Like 1

Hi Brooke, the filter for "Today" and "1 day" will return different values - is that what's happening? "Today" is calendar day, so it starts and ends just for today, midnight to midnight SL time; "1 day" is a 24 hour period, so it captures the latest 24 hours, so it will report part of today and part of yesterday. That's how I understand them and how they appear to work for me. Generally, I've got it set to "Today" which is how the original default worked.

Edited by Arwen Serpente

If they had asked us at any point, I bet most of us would have chosen “yesterday“ instead of one day.  This is because my business day ends at 2 AM, so if I want to see what the total was for the previous day when I wake up in the morning I have to choose the previous day.

Only people who check transactions every day would know this. Unless someone asked them.

• Like 1

Arwen Serpente some days I see duplicate transactions which might explain this. Last Tuesday I had stipends posted twice. After a few hours one of them went away. Not sure if LL made a mistake that day or if its part of my issue also. I filter every day for the previous day to see my sales then reset for today. 

Hi Brooke, sometimes, I see a double total amount that makes me blink, and then I refresh and it corrects itself. I don't remember what circumstances it happens under. But that happened before this change. I haven't seen it yet. Best thing to do if you detect a bug is to report it in the JIRA so that they can reproduce it and correct it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.