Transactions Page shows multiple days transactions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I checked my transactions for the day as always but saw that although the displayed date range is correct, the actual range of transactions starts on the 8th, not the 13th. (Makes it look like I am having a really big day of sales!)  Anyone else see something like this?

43 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Un Checking show $0 fixes it temporarily 

Mine actually had the 6th as the beginning of the date range at the top, though usually it is just the current date.  So I just changed that back to today and that fixed it.

• Like 1

• Lindens

No good deed goes unpunished :) ... this was actually an intentional change - we had accepted and now implemented a feature request to show 7 days' worth of transaction history by default, because it seems like a much more sensible approach.  Apologies for spooking you, but hopefully you'll find this change pleasing once you get used to it.   

This does bring up the point that we have to improve how we communicate changes which we're deploying in a timely manner.  In a situation like this, a monthly summary of recent changes doesn't hold up. 

Edited by Grumpity Linden
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

No offense Grumpity, but this is absolutely not a feature that I want. I watch every single individual day. If I want to look at a week or month, I change the dates. Not the other way around. By no means would I want 7 days as the default. Just not the way I have ever run my business in 9 years.

• Like 4

Actually, to be a bit more constructive - a "feature" would be allowing the user to set a certain time frame as their own default that would persist from session to session. If someone wants 7 days, they can set it. If someone else wants 10 days, 30 days, 1 day, they can set. it. To me, that's a "feature". Otherwise, this is just a "change" to the default.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Arwen Serpente said:

No offense Grumpity, but this is absolutely not a feature that I want. I watch every single individual day. If I want to look at a week or month, I change the dates. Not the other way around. By no means would I want 7 days as the default. Just not the way I have ever run my business in 9 years.

1 hour ago, Grumpity Linden said:

No good deed goes unpunished :) ... this was actually an intentional change - we had accepted and now implemented a feature request to show 7 days' worth of transaction history by default, because it seems like a much more sensible approach.  Apologies for spooking you, but hopefully you'll find this change pleasing once you get used to it.   

This does bring up the point that we have to improve how we communicate changes which we're deploying in a timely manner.  In a situation like this, a monthly summary of recent changes doesn't hold up. 

That feature was suggested by one person, I don’t see any other support for it. Because there is no other support for it. 

Next time, consult a broad range of merchants before you fix something that doesn’t need fixing.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

On 3/13/2018 at 11:37 PM, Grumpity Linden said:

... implemented a feature request to show 7 days' worth of transaction history by default, because it seems like a much more sensible approach

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't understand how this is a much more sensible approach? At first I thought it was a bug and expected it to be fixed in a day or two.

My guess is that the users who check their transactions most frequently are merchants, and they would normally be much more interested in daily sales than in weekly numbers. For us, this change simply means that we need another two mouse clicks to get to the information we want.

As for non-merchants, I'm not convinced that defaulting to a week makes sense for those users, either.

I agree with Arwen that letting users choose a (persistent) time span would make sense if you wanted to offer an improvement. This change, however, is not an improvement. It's an ill-considered change on what seems to be the strength of one person's request.

I strongly encourage you to roll this back and engage with your users in a meaningful conversation first. Then roll out any resulting changes.

Edited by Cain Maven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have nothing against Grumpity - a little the opposite in fact - but I would guess that this was pushed through so very quickly following the request, because it was so very easy to change.

@Grumpity Linden   I completely agree with others who have said that this is not a feature. The jira was wrongly submitted as a 'feature request'. It's merely a change to what already existed, just like the increase in tier-free allowance and reduced tier aren't features. They are changes - nothing more than that. They are VERY welcome changes, but they're not features :)

Someone suggested what, imo, would be a good feature for all who make use of their transaction history. That's to allow users to set their own defaults. I don't make use of my transaction history any more, so none of it affects me. I'm just being sensible, that's all.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 4

On 3/13/2018 at 5:40 PM, Pamela Galli said:

That feature was suggested by one person, I don’t see any other support for it. Because there is no other support for it.

This leads me to believe that either the one person has friends where it matters or LL decided to go grab a bunch of JIRAs that could be implemented really easily and put them in.  It would be similar to the 'low hanging fruit' concept, except in this case it wasn't actually something that would score big with the customers.

• Like 4

Thanks Pamela & Cain.  Even though the JIRA is set to public, it seems we can't add comments. I vaguely remember this was a change to JIRAs a while back, so I'm sorry that I didn't remember when I wrote my post.  I think though the comments here even more important because they are visible to all Forum readers & Grumpity, while the JIRA comments are really only visible if you click through to it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arwen Serpente said:

Thanks Pamela & Cain.  Even though the JIRA is set to public, it seems we can't add comments. I vaguely remember this was a change to JIRAs a while back,

Yeah, it has to do with the JIRA getting spammed way back when. 

I think you are correct though that comments here will catch more people and go a long way in getting everyone's thoughts heard.

• Thanks 1

• Lindens

There's a change coming shortly.  You will have a choice of quick date filters (today, 1 day, 7 days, 28 days) and the page will default to the last selected range.   Now's the time to tell me how much you hate that idea. 5ab0110c43285_ScreenShot2018-03-16at3_02_16PM.png.48ed3e376defb0daf4b48a26cdababd5.png

Edited by Grumpity Linden
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Lindens

Alright! while we're on a roll, tell me please: is there still a (strong) use case for the URL on the transaction page to change when the selected date range changes (basically allowing you to bookmark a specific date range). 

for example: https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history#/?page_size=25&start_date=2018-03-12&end_date=2018-03-14  because it's going to get increasingly messy with the selected quick-filter and looks, in general, to be superfluous.

Now's the time to tell me how much you hate _that_ idea :)

• Like 2

Actually I hate what I guess is the current bookmark feature, because my Safari bookmark to the transaction page is forever on a past years Valentine’s Day.I would like to just go to whatever today’s date is, as it did in the distant past. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.