Looking for friends :3

Jixxur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi hi!

I'm looking for more friends! :3

I like just hanging out and talking, exploring new places, roleplaying, shopping and basically anything else SL has to offer. So I'd be down to do anything you'd like really, I don't mind what we do. As long as I'm doing it with someone then that's all that matters to me. 

Right now I currently spend my time sitting in my apartment that I live in, in a sci-fi RP sim that's currently being built. The owner lets me live here for free so it's pretty cool. I normally just sit here all day alone or with my 1 friend that I have. I'd like to meet more people and do new stuff, there is alot of things I have yet to do in SL. I'm still fairly new. I've only played for a little over a month.

If you'd like to add me then please search me up! Just search up .. "Jixxur" and you will find me, please IM me in-world. 

I am online at all times, EST timezone. I barely sleep, my sleep schedule is very messed up right now. 

I will always respond to your IMs as well, please feel free to IM me whenever! 

Thank you. c: ♥

Edited by Jixxur

14 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I did IM you, did you get it?

Yes I did and we did talk! I must have removed you when I cleaned my friends list, I like to clean my list of people who don't talk to me for awhile. You never responded to me so I just assumed you added me for no reason like alot of other people do. For some reason ... I just messaged you now though! :3

I started to be a bit worried you didn't posted this crap for days now.  

If you stop being such a snowflake and you would do something to get friends like moving out, going into clubs, community events. And stop posting here every other day so somebody do the first step so you don't need. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

This kind of advice should be displayed to everyone posting a new topic in the "make friends" subforum.

Well, to be fair, it's easier to compile a list of 'this is me' in the form the forums provide than trying to introduce oneself to strangers in a club and hope to get a home run. 

Some people make very thorough and proper introductions spanning several paragraphs describing both themselves and what they seek. Like Jixxur's first post.

Some people even speak the truth when putting down all that work into it.

You are right, especially because everyone is different. And not everyone wants to deal with all the possible disappointments, while making friends inworld.
But i would recommend inworld "hook ups" nonetheless.

Talli, allow me to take you as an example, thanks ^^
If i would just read about her painting pictures or making art i would think "nice, i will have a look one day."
If i would meet her inworld, watching her pics, while she tells me, she spins very fast to dispense the color to the canvas, i would think "She is crazy, i like her."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

She spins very fast to dispense the color to the canvas, i would think "She is crazy, i like her."

Actually the spinning is my other art form, ? And Jixxur, doesn't look like I will get online in SL till tomorrow, but I will respond, it would be fun to get together cuddle on some beach and make the boys jealous and maybe get a few pictures for our Flickr pages.

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Everytime I see that :3 smiley, I have to think about a certain dutch comic figure...

Knipsel.PNG

Oh, that must have been when he was younger. This is the last I saw of him...

Bildresultat för men in black ball chin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2018 at 8:43 AM, Talligurl said:

Actually the spinning is my other art form, ? And Jixxur, doesn't look like I will get online in SL till tomorrow, but I will respond, it would be fun to get together cuddle on some beach and make the boys jealous and maybe get a few pictures for our Flickr pages.

Sounds good! :3

• Like 1

I don’t blame you for making these threads and hoping something good will come out of it. I myself have tried making threads like this and haven’t met a single friend out of any of it. In my experience, people add you and seldom ever chat to you. Second Life is like that in a nutshell. No one talks and the only time you ever talk is in some bad sex role play. But. You know. Good luck finding friends on this game.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I don’t blame you for making these threads and hoping something good will come out of it. I myself have tried making threads like this and haven’t met a single friend out of any of it. In my experience, people add you and seldom ever chat to you. Second Life is like that in a nutshell. No one talks and the only time you ever talk is in some bad sex role play. But. You know. Good luck finding friends on this game.

Usually people message me and we talk for about 5 minutes, maybe a bit more. Then they say they'll be back later, or they just never reply again and that's that. Not sure why it's so hard to find friends, I even go out and look for people too and I'm always the first person to say hi. I just don't understand really.

5 hours ago, Jixxur said:

Usually people message me and we talk for about 5 minutes, maybe a bit more. Then they say they'll be back later, or they just never reply again and that's that. Not sure why it's so hard to find friends, I even go out and look for people too and I'm always the first person to say hi. I just don't understand really.

Maybe you remember i talked to you a few days ago inworld...

Its not a critic, but still my point of view:
You just responded to the things i said. You didnt start any new topics by yourself, you didnt ask anything. I acted, you reacted.
That was a one way road... maybe its fine for you, but its not what other people want to have. There has to be traffic in both ways, at least for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

You just responded to the things i said. You didnt start any new topics by yourself, you didnt ask anything. I acted, you reacted.
That was a one way road... maybe its fine for you, but its not what other people want to have. There has to be traffic in both ways, at least for me.

Yeah, I notice this happen a lot. I stop messaging those people. Life is too short to waste time on people who only want to get attention, not give it. 

• Like 2

I have one friend I talk with whenever we are both online, and its about just anything, small talk, big things, whatever. I also have friends I don't talk with for days even when both online, and only talk when we have something interesting to say, or hang out. Both is good, as long as there's a mutual understanding and acceptance.

If you expect a friend to be someone who entertains you whenever you are both online, that will not work in most cases.

9 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

In my experience, people add you and seldom ever chat to you.

I find I often log on and get a number of IMs which I answer and these often lead to conversations, as a result I often don't get a chance to IM other's and have conversations I really want.

I currently have 50 people on my contact list (I usually invoke a purge when I reach 40, it's time to muster the inquisition!). Some are friends I made years ago that has gone, but who I still keep the light on in case they'll return. Some are close friends and family which I talk to whenever I have a chance, some are acquaintances and people I've met through doing business and I do try to talk to everyone - but then again, many times when I look at my contact list I realize that some people are always online, hardly speak when I prod them and never ever start a conversation themselves - those people tend to disappear in my purges.

Then again it might be a good thing I spread out myself a bit, just looking at the conversation I had last night with a friend which was paragraph upon paragraph upon paragraph - most people I've met in SL simply can't handle that level of communication. If I spend two minutes composing a message and all I get in return is 'ye lol' I do not feel encouraged to continue the conversation. Sure, sometimes the conversation just goes that way, and it happens to me too, that you feel the person isn't really done but just needs to catch a breath, and that starting to type a full response will only knock them off their string. 

Hell, I sometimes feel the same about the forums. Someone starts a thread and asks a question, you compose an earnest response in which you try to be as thorough and detailed as possible to be as helpful as you can be, and half the times the OP is never seen again. And sometimes the thread is just derailed and any discussion of the actual topic is suffocated.

When people don't contact me for a long period of time, I reckon they've lost interest, and there's no point in me wasting any time and effort talking to them. It's like one rather infamous forumite our ours, who asked for friends and I thought sure - I'll contact them. And just as @Resi Pfeffer explained a few posts up, the person simply would not offer any worthwhile response. I tried saying hello and ask how they were doing on three occasions over eight days - as the third conversation died after I'd asked how they were doing, I was fed up and directly confronted her, asking if she at all was interested in making any friends or if I was wasting my time, whereupon I'm replied with that 'But all you ever do is beg for sex'. She got that from 'Hello there! How are you doing today?" -hi, fine- "Good to hear, what are you up to?" -bored- "Oh. Well, do you feel like doing anything?" -nah- <radio silence> (wait a few days and try again)

.I don't know what people expect, that someone will charge off the forums on a flying carpet and show them a whole new world? If you have nothing to offer in terms of social competence or basic communication, you will remain alone, and you have no one to blame but yourself. Perhaps if you are so utterly incapable of displaying even a trace of simple manners, so egocentric that you can never return the polite 'how do you do' then perhaps socializing just isn't for you, then there's something else very elementary missing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

In my experience, people add you and seldom ever chat to you. 

In a lot of cases friendships are being made way too fast.

You meet someone nice by chance, you are talking, having a nice time, you think its worth to add her/him...
The next day you dont even remember what you have talked about, just a blurry memory is left.

Happened and still happens often to me... :)

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
grammar
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

In a lot of cases friendships are being made way too fast.

You meet someone nice by chance, you are talking, having a nice time, you think its worth to add her/him...
The next day you dont even remember what you have talked about, just a blurry memory is left.

Happened and still happens often to me... :)

QFT!! But I try to work on that and not go hyper like "omg new best friend" every time...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.