What we need

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 28 December 2017 at 8:28 PM, Talligurl said:

So we get a whole sim full of people who are afraid to speak to each other?

Reminds me of a lag-pit of a place we cynics used to call "Boredom Ranch", over on the "Feedumb Incontinent"...

50 over scripted avatars all standing about waiting for one of the other 49 to IM them and say "Hi ur hawt, wanna kinky poseball with some badly written para?"

:D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Reminds me of a lag-pit of a place we cynics used to call "Boredom Ranch", over on the "Feedumb Incontinent"...

50 over scripted avatars all standing about waiting for one of the other 49 to IM them and say "Hi ur hawt, wanna kinky poseball with some badly written para?"

:D 

I went there several times and not once did anyone say anything in local.

*grins*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm with you on this. I wish there were some more events with the specific intent of making friends. I know, I know... if I want it so bad, I should make it. 

I'm not into the club scene. I always mute music, yes -- even live music. If I zone in and there's a DJ, I zone out -- because almost inevitably, all I can expect is to see public chat filled with applause emotes and DON'T FORGET TO TIP!!! 

I profile stalk... if I find one that has something I can start a conversation over, I might go ahead and send a message. But the thing is you never know if someone really wants random people messaging them. I really like when people state in their profile 1. If they are open to private messages from new people and 2. If they are only interested in platonic or sexual relationships. I don't like to waste anyone's time. 

Edited by Nalytha
Spelling
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Nalytha said:

But the thing is you never know if someone really wants random people messaging them. 

Well if they don't, they need to log out and do something other than SL

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Well if they don't, they need to log out and do something other than SL

People take a lot of stuff super serious in Second Life. If I get a random message, I respond or ignore and move on with my day. 

• Like 1

Speaking from a guy's perspective, most guys would be happy to receive a random IM.  I have gone many months without a random IM and when I do get one I usually will ask the person if they are actually speaking to me?  Hehe.  I think the last random IM I received was in early 2017 from a horse avatar asking me where good grazing land might be in SL

image.png.a3eb58dc55468cfbd687f7679b7cd010.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jameson2001 said:

Speaking from a guy's perspective, most guys would be happy to receive a random IM.  I have gone many months without a random IM and when I do get one I usually will ask the person if they are actually speaking to me?  Hehe.  I think the last random IM I received was in early 2017 from a horse avatar asking me where good grazing land might be in SL

image.png.a3eb58dc55468cfbd687f7679b7cd010.png

I'll admit that I'm more likely to IM a girl... because I fear a guy will think I'm wasting his time if I don't want anything more than friendly chat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jameson2001 said:

Find a place with a bunch of girls on dance poles, and see how many you get, of course they are just interested in getting some of your money, but you can pretend it is something else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Find a place with a bunch of girls on dance poles, and see how many you get, of course they are just interested in getting some of your money, but you can pretend it is something else.

I think this is the sad part of SL that when a guy IM's a girl it is only for sex.  What ever happened to just chatting with someone about where they are from, complimenting them on their avatar, or asking them what is their favorite part of SL?  Conversations are fun between all different types of avatars:)  It seems to me that was not as much a problem back in the early days.

Just now, Jameson2001 said:

I think this is the sad part of SL that when a guy IM's a girl it is only for sex.  What ever happened to just chatting with someone about where they are from, complimenting them on their avatar, or asking them what is their favorite part of SL?  Conversations are fun between all different types of avatars:)  It seems to me that was not as much a problem back in the early days.

I teleported to a sim I go to sometimes to meet new people for casual conversation. Well, last night only one guy was there. I deliberated teleporting out, but I took the risk and stayed. We struck up a great conversation and it was completely friendly. We even explored the sim a bit. It was a really nice encounter. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nalytha said:

I teleported to a sim I go to sometimes to meet new people for casual conversation. Well, last night only one guy was there. I deliberated teleporting out, but I took the risk and stayed. We struck up a great conversation and it was completely friendly. We even explored the sim a bit. It was a really nice encounter. 

Yay!  Thanks for sharing this experience.  Usually you can tell within the first two sentences if the person you are chatting with is a good conversationalist.  What amazes me is the diversity of people I have met this way and the enjoyable conversations that can be had.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.