help needed with teleport script

Tedra Llewellyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been looking through scripts all day and i am no good with modifying them at all..

i have a linked mesh teleport directory i do like i want to use that to get to destinations on the sim that are over 300 meter away. (even 3000+). It should be not landmark based nor link in chat but simple sit/ on touch go there.

so far i have found sittarget which only works 300 meters, a moveobjecttotarget which does not work due to links and teleport with landmarks.

I do have a teleporter pad, that uses the descriptions its counterparts to make up a menu for teleportation. well if that works and one could use the click part as a destination that is chosen like the menu and then .... well thats where i have to stop, as i have no idea how to go from there.

mfg

If you are OK with something you sit on, then,  try something calls llSetRegionPos() when you sit on it, unsits you when you arrive at your destination, and then returns to its start position.

Alternatively, you could set up an experience on the parcel and then use llTeleportAgent( ) to teleport people wherever you want on the grid.   They'll be asked for permission the first time they use it, but not again unless they leave the experience.

But otherwise, if you just want a sit teleport that goes wherever you want on the region use llSetRegionPos (I'm not sure if stops at the max building hight, but you can test that easliy enough).

• Like 1

Innula outlined your two generic choices: move the avatar by using llTeleportAgent and an experience or move it by moving something that the avatar is sitting on. It sounds like you have studied those choices but your question is about creating a dialog menu of saved locations. I suggest studying examples in the LSL wiki under llDialog as well as sample scripts in the LSL Library forum and a couple if good tutorials you will also find in the LSL wiki. Basically, they all come down to building and sorting lists so that you can access them later.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

If you are OK with something you sit on, then,  try something calls llSetRegionPos() when you sit on it, unsits you when you arrive at your destination, and then returns to its start position.

Alternatively, you could set up an experience on the parcel and then use llTeleportAgent( ) to teleport people wherever you want on the grid.   They'll be asked for permission the first time they use it, but not again unless they leave the experience.

But otherwise, if you just want a sit teleport that goes wherever you want on the region use llSetRegionPos (I'm not sure if stops at the max building hight, but you can test that easliy enough).

Well the sittarget is not working as the single location pictures are part of a linked mesh set. But i never wirked with experiences before, that might do the trick, definitly worth exploring

3 minutes ago, Tedra Llewellyn said:

Well the sittarget is not working as the single location pictures are part of a linked mesh set. 

What does this mean? "Single location pictures?" A linked set of what? And what do either "pictures" or a linked set of something have to do with sit targets? 

@Tedra Llewellyn  I don't understand what you mean about sit targets, either.   You can't change a sit target while you're sitting on the object.   I suspect you mean that the script you have is calling llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast to move you, which is a bit like using a sit target to fake a teleport.   That does have a hard limit of 300 and something metres.  

I didn't realise you had a mesh object that offered you a choice of destinations -- I thought you were sitting on a single prim.     But if you have a large object, then llSetRegionPos probably isn't a good idea.

From what you say, though, I agree with you that it's probably best to try using experiences.   There's a recent discussion of experience tools teleporters in the Script Library, as it happens.  

10 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

Note on experiences: You have to be a premium member to create an experience.

Or, if you are writing scripts for someone else who is a premium member, that person can create an experience on her land and designate you as an authorized creator there.

The Knowledge Base article on experiences is very helpful on how to set them up.    The section on Experience collaboration explains how, as Rolig notes, people who don't own experiences can still write scripts for them, with the permission of the experience's owner.   

Briefly, if I own an experience I can assign it to a group.   The owner of the group (probably me!) either creates a role in the group and gives it the power Experience Contributor or assigns that power to an existing role.   Then anyone with that group role can compile scripts set to that experience (and any other experiences assigned to that group)

Edited by Innula Zenovka

17 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I suspect you mean that the script you have is calling llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast to move you, which is a bit like using a sit target to fake a teleport.   That does have a hard limit of 300 and something metres.  

Using llSLPP* can move a sitter up to 1000m away from the root.

• Thanks 1

You may want to take a look at Eightball Magic's free and open source teleporter script, it does pretty much exactly what you seem to want.

The trick to overcome the 300 or 1000 m range limit, is to move the entire teleporter to the destination, unsit the agent and then move the teleporter back. You can even move across sim borders that way if you add a time delay after each crossing.

47 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

You may want to take a look at Eightball Magic's free and open source teleporter script, it does pretty much exactly what you seem to want.

I told the OP that, a few days ago, on their OTHER thread on this topic, they appear to have ignored the suggestion.

2 hours ago, Klytyna said:

I told the OP that, a few days ago, on their OTHER thread on this topic, they appear to have ignored the suggestion.

Or she may have followed the suggestion and not returned to this thread since; we haven't heard from OP since Dec 22, the day you made that suggestion.

It's all ancient history at this point, but I suspect some confusion in this thread arose when the OP meant llSetRegionPos when saying "sittarget is not working as the single location pictures are part of a linked mesh set" because some llSetRegionPos() script moves the whole assembly rather than a single destination-specific mesh link on which the avatar sits. 

Personally, I much prefer the Experience-based approach at this point -- foremost among its virtues being punishment of the Experience-paranoid.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

@all my apologies for not answering

we are now working on an experience style teleport that uses physical movement beam-cylinder if the person has declined the experience, so it can move wherever it needs to, if needed, its a work in progress, but exactly what i was looking for, thank you all for your advice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.