Mesh body destroys old clothes, right??

Danni Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Booya!

MP is up for me.  Tank, shirt and boots are headed your way :)

Nothing fancy, just a simple outfit with all the different mesh body options Skell talked about.  The boots won't need feet so they should work while you shop for a body plus there are options for the most used bodies if you want to try their fit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Booya!

MP is up for me.  Tank, shirt and boots are headed your way :)

Nothing fancy, just a simple outfit with all the different mesh body options Skell talked about.  The boots won't need feet so they should work while you shop for a body plus there are options for the most used bodies if you want to try their fit.

Oh wow, awesome. Thanks.

Sadly I won't check it out today anymore. When the thingy was back up, i still didnt receive my Linden that i bought for the body, so now I'm waiting for the support ticket to get answered

Oooof. Just spend a ton of money and time to get outfits and the body and all that, and while at it, I decided to also update my AO.

For anyone who wants to know what came out of it, here's a picture.

Definitely need more wardrobe and probably gonna look into the new mesh hair stuff, maybe grab another skin cause that one seems a little low detail.

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 4

Just to be clear, there are still some of us that prefer the Classic avatar.  You can see me on the first page of the thread “How does your avatar look today?”, and that was and still is how I look.  All the clothing in that photo is years old and in my opinion still look good and fit nicely, in fact fit better than some (a lot) of the clothing I have bought for my mesh avatars.
And yes, I have three mesh avatars but am disappointed in the complexity and cost of using them.  Even if I had the money I doubt I would give up going Classic, and I got my first mesh avatar in 2012 so I’m not new to the concept.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Just to be clear, there are still some of us that prefer the Classic avatar.  You can see me on the first page of the thread “How does your avatar look today?”, and that was and still is how I look.  All the clothing in that photo is years old and in my opinion still look good and fit nicely, in fact fit better than some (a lot) of the clothing I have bought for my mesh avatars.
And yes, I have three mesh avatars but am disappointed in the complexity and cost of using them.  Even if I had the money I doubt I would give up going Classic, and I got my first mesh avatar in 2012 so I’m not new to the concept.

After playing around and having set up a basic wardrobe and stuff, I now can form a first opinion on that too:

Granted head- (though i would need to try one of the expensive big ones first) and bodywise it doesn't feel like that much of a difference to me, BUT the mesh body is a  bit smoother and does solve some issues I had with my more slender shape and for example shoulder blades sticking out in weird hard corners. The hands and feet are a huge improvement, but I mostly pick closed shoes and the hands never played a very big part for me.

The clothing does look nicer, but the obvious con is that with a mix of mesh and painted on texture you can better mix and overall have more layering options, which let me mix and match more of them more easily for different styles. Of course here it also applies that i just started with the whole mesh body thing, so I might not have seen the full extent of options yet. An examle would be a fishnet top like the one in my picture that in a layered texture can easily be put over or under a halter top, while here you have to find one that you can expand so something else fits under it without poking through, but then it might not look good in other places anymore.

Have to say I was impressed though when i saw that top up close and also those actual flaps on the skirt that would have been painted on in the old system

Thanks, currently I'm looking at heads again and then skins.

The clothing will probably come with the mentioned event and someone (not gonna name, cause the message was inworld) was nice enough to point me to a good deal group.

Any experience with "MAYREAL Bento Mesh Head" ? It's pretty cheap compared to others at 1900L$ and the reviews on the store and the described features are great, but always wondering when something way cheaper comes along among those 5000+ L$ heads.

35 minutes ago, Danni Silvershade said:

An examle would be a fishnet top like the one in my picture that in a layered texture can easily be put over or under a halter top, while here you have to find one that you can expand so something else fits under it without poking through, but then it might not look good in other places anymore.

This is were the appliers come in handy. I would use an applier to "paint" the fishnet top onto the mesh body and then wear a mesh tank top over that.

I agree with Janet, you've done an excellent job so far.

2 hours ago, Danni Silvershade said:

Thanks, currently I'm looking at heads again and then skins.

The clothing will probably come with the mentioned event and someone (not gonna name, cause the message was inworld) was nice enough to point me to a good deal group.

Any experience with "MAYREAL Bento Mesh Head" ? It's pretty cheap compared to others at 1900L$ and the reviews on the store and the described features are great, but always wondering when something way cheaper comes along among those 5000+ L$ heads.

This is going to sound weird from me, but....stick with the head you have for now. This is coming from a girl that has all of the major heads, in some case two or three of them. 

Skins can make a big difference in how a head looks. Also, over time make small tweaks to the head. I find you tend to make the heads look better over time, until you absolutely wow yourself with the right head/skin combo. 

Live in it a while I say!

1 hour ago, Danni Silvershade said:

Please send help!

LeLutka has some extra animations you can add to their heads.  One animation injector works on every LeLutka bento head so if you buy more you don't need to keep buying the extra animations.

The 'lick animation my forum avatar is doing is from one of the injector sets.

And know you know why Vanity is a sin.

1 hour ago, Danni Silvershade said:

So are piercings at a point where they can move with the new facial animations? Even the ones where it says bento in the name, the reviews suggest otherwise, like "As soon as you open the mouth, they are floating somewhere"

Fitmesh nipple piercings are fairly common now, that move with physics layers, and match position on mesh bodies...

Facial piercings, a lot will depend on exactly which bone in the face they are attached to, and if the head in question actually uses that bone in it's animations.

The older pre-bento bones / attachment points like mouth and chin, probably wont move at all.

Experiment with a home made prim ring attached to various bones via the 'right click in inventory - attach to - choose attach point' method using the new bento points and see what you get.

2 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Experiment with a home made prim ring attached to various bones via the 'right click in inventory - attach to - choose attach point' method using the new bento points and see what you get.

That is a great idea to test it.

Also I started the Women only hunt now and I know why I usually don't do hunts. I end up zooming around like crazy, looking for a fricking rainbow ^^

Edit: 2 Hours and i found 2. I reaaaally suck at this.

Edited by Danni Silvershade

18 hours ago, Danni Silvershade said:

So are piercings at a point where they can move with the new facial animations? Even the ones where it says bento in the name, the reviews suggest otherwise, like "As soon as you open the mouth, they are floating somewhere"

I don't have facial piercings but recently I got a belly piercing for Belleza Venus and what a change ! My belly piercing now moves perfectly along my meshbody.

And then I also experienced the exact opposite : bento rings for Slink hands that were not fiting at all and floating above the fingers.

As usual : demo ! Not everything fits as expected.

7 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

I don't have facial piercings but recently I got a belly piercing for Belleza Venus and what a change ! My belly piercing now moves perfectly along my meshbody.

And then I also experienced the exact opposite : bento rings for Slink hands that were not fiting at all and floating above the fingers.

As usual : demo ! Not everything fits as expected.

Yeah, i guess i got lucky with both of those. didn't demo and both fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in to say that I am quite happy with the choices I made concerning body and head, but also want to add the following, so others looking to decide have more input:

Maitreya body: Good basic shape and of course lots of compatibility. Only feel limited a little by the lack of sliders in SL (like for example the butt sticking out so much), which isn't inherently the body's fault, since most players go for those looks anyway and the lack of sliders forces the creators to build the basic shape after common demand.

Lelutka Head: I like the look more than Catwa, since it looks more realistic and less exaggerated, but if you look at advanced customisations (make up, eyebrows and so on) it is quickly apparent that most content creators focus on Catwa. That sours it a little for me, but not enough to buy the Catwa (cause of the mentioned preference for the lelutka shape). Also have a little issue with the lack of sliders, cause making a non-pouty/full mouth that doesn't look weird is basically impossible, since the base shape makes it stick out more than I'd prefer, but again that is more a SL issue and Catwa has that pout mouth thing even more.

Overall Mesh bodies are nice to have. The sliders should be something Linden would do fine to expand in the future, so you can break out more from the basics and have more space to expand into unique shapes, but that also would make some creators angry, cause then several head versions of the same basic head would probably be unnecessary.

The overall increase in detail and smoothness makes dress up more fun for sure.

10 hours ago, Danni Silvershade said:

Just popping in to say that I am quite happy with the choices I made concerning body and head, but also want to add the following, so others looking to decide have more input:

Maitreya body: Good basic shape and of course lots of compatibility. Only feel limited a little by the lack of sliders in SL (like for example the butt sticking out so much), which isn't inherently the body's fault, since most players go for those looks anyway and the lack of sliders forces the creators to build the basic shape after common demand.

Lelutka Head: I like the look more than Catwa, since it looks more realistic and less exaggerated, but if you look at advanced customisations (make up, eyebrows and so on) it is quickly apparent that most content creators focus on Catwa. That sours it a little for me, but not enough to buy the Catwa (cause of the mentioned preference for the lelutka shape). Also have a little issue with the lack of sliders, cause making a non-pouty/full mouth that doesn't look weird is basically impossible, since the base shape makes it stick out more than I'd prefer, but again that is more a SL issue and Catwa has that pout mouth thing even more.

Overall Mesh bodies are nice to have. The sliders should be something Linden would do fine to expand in the future, so you can break out more from the basics and have more space to expand into unique shapes, but that also would make some creators angry, cause then several head versions of the same basic head would probably be unnecessary.

The overall increase in detail and smoothness makes dress up more fun for sure.

the thing that made me shy away from catwa is that the lips stick up from the head like a duck bill. the lelutka lips look more natural.

14 hours ago, MaggiJin said:

the thing that made me shy away from catwa is that the lips stick up from the head like a duck bill. the lelutka lips look more natural.

Oddly, for the male heads it's the exact opposite. All of my Catwa male heads have non-ducklips, but my Lelutka male head could Blue Steel for Britain :D Mind you, I do tend to use the Lelutka head for more androgynous looks, so it works better that way.

Catwa lips:

catwa_lips.thumb.jpg.c98537ee7eaca358c72efc9e4297aacd.jpg

Lelutka lips:

lelutka_lips.thumb.jpg.05e65fdc05a60bd47211c56fa170fb05.jpg

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.