Mesh body destroys old clothes, right??

Danni Silvershade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Oddly, for the male heads it's the exact opposite. All of my Catwa male heads have non-ducklips, but my Lelutka male head could Blue Steel for Britain :D Mind you, I do tend to use the Lelutka head for more androgynous looks, so it works better that way.

Catwa lips:

catwa_lips.thumb.jpg.c98537ee7eaca358c72efc9e4297aacd.jpg

Lelutka lips:

lelutka_lips.thumb.jpg.05e65fdc05a60bd47211c56fa170fb05.jpg

nice pics. however i meant more like if i look at the catwa heads (especially catya) from the side, it look like if you pinch your lips and pull them out a bit, constantly and its not fixable with the shape. "its a style" says the creator but i guess its not my style so i gave my 5k to lelutka.

Hell, the male lelutka head looks nice. better if you're not going for the ultra manly look.

Basically - like much of fashion...

Are you really going to keep wearing that shirt from 10+ years ago in RL?

Well... if you think of your SL that way as well, it's not so bad to see yourself tossing out old stuff.

Now if you want to save money AND get current... go for an off-brand mesh body... then you're "stuck" going nude everywhere. :P

I save a LOT of money in SL just by virture of being on the #3 body... (Belleza Freya)... (then again I also opted for the nude thing...)

And of course if you stick with a pre-mesh body, you will save the most - and look very unfashionable in last decade's clothing.

22 hours ago, MaggiJin said:

the thing that made me shy away from catwa is that the lips stick up from the head like a duck bill. the lelutka lips look more natural.

The reason I went with the 'Mayreal' bento mesh head (she has 3 of them now) is that it looked "the most like" the classic SL head, but "fixed" - so I was able to get a look very similar to my old look, but with the flaws removed.

I tried the big brands and they were all too stylized and 'ethnic' (I could not warp them away from Caucasian - the Mayreal's 3 heads are all also Caucasian, but I was able to get a couple of different looks out of them when testing).

Looking good Danni! I was stuck on classic for a long time because I was frustrated with mesh and didn't want to give up my out of date looks.  It scared me away from Second Life for a while actually.  I did a whole mesh makeover vlog last week (https://youtu.be/NbeEcdZu798) and I'm pretty happy with all of it now.  I got the Vista Lia Bento head and I love it. I thought the price was very reasonable and I'm happy with the lips, but I can't really compare since I haven't owned any others yet. The biggest thing that won me over on mesh is finally figuring out that having clothing that is rigged for the correct mesh body is key.  I like a smaller chest and I kept buying things that left a giant peekaboo gap so everyone could see down my shirt.

On 26.12.2017 at 5:51 PM, Bingo Ditko said:

Looking good Danni! I was stuck on classic for a long time because I was frustrated with mesh and didn't want to give up my out of date looks.  It scared me away from Second Life for a while actually.  I did a whole mesh makeover vlog last week (https://youtu.be/NbeEcdZu798) and I'm pretty happy with all of it now.  I got the Vista Lia Bento head and I love it. I thought the price was very reasonable and I'm happy with the lips, but I can't really compare since I haven't owned any others yet. The biggest thing that won me over on mesh is finally figuring out that having clothing that is rigged for the correct mesh body is key.  I like a smaller chest and I kept buying things that left a giant peekaboo gap so everyone could see down my shirt.

Yeah, i love that the rigged to body clothing is actual fitting models and not just "slap some texture on it and attach some parts that clip through everything when moving".

I am happy with what I got, but I still have to keep my wallet and mouse away from more buy buttons to test different ones, especially now that I bought things that are exclusvely tied to a certain head and body. I'm also stupid in not being too enthusiastic about trying demos ^^

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.