Can an alt banned from those third party earn free linden games affect main account too?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is possible there was a third party L$ earning system i used to use years ago an alt of mine would sometimes use it when i logged it on, both accounts got blocked from using the system and being able to cash out any L$ balance. It's not impossible that me and this particular alt could have been use by two different people on the same internet connection

Some do track your IP (such as Voodoo) and they'll ban you and your alts that they found to be using the same IP if they caught you breaking their rules. I know you can appeal for an unban from their service by going to their sim, I don't know about other similar games / services though.

19 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It is possible there was a third party L$ earning system i used to use years ago an alt of mine would sometimes use it when i logged it on, both accounts got blocked from using the system and being able to cash out any L$ balance. It's not impossible that me and this particular alt could have been use by two different people on the same internet connection

So what happens if two different people were using the same IP?

1 minute ago, bebejee said:

So what happens if two different people were using the same IP?

If it was all done based on IP both people would be banned the person running the third party L$ earning game or system wouldn't know they're two different people they just see more than one account using a certain IP and will no doubt automatically assume alts

You KNOW that whole IP ban thing is faulty.

I KNOW real life folks who are definitely different people (one male, one female, different ages etc) who use the same static IP and are in SL (and have been for ten years).

MY IP is shared with TONS of people in my vicinity and if I really REALLY wanted to I could fake an IP.

While it has no affect on me personally, I am very much against the whole practice. Just saying.

Edited by Chic Aeon

IP tracking is about as effective as nailing prepared jello to a tree. I will never understand why companies, people, whatever, use it.Maybe it gives that warm squishy "we're protecting the masses from the terrorists" feeling....or something like that. 

That said, it doesn't even really matter if it's "possible", or not, game owners can ban you, or disallow play, for whatever reason they want....even if it's because they think you're an alt farmer. Their game..their rules...provided they don't break sl TOS...they're golden and you're SOL.

Although, MOST of the games like that I have run into, don't particularly care if you use alts. In fact, I have only run across one that did, and it's long gone. I don't know, or rather don't participate in, any current ones that really give a fig if you use an alt. Some have specific rules about HOW to use an alt even, and still play "fair"(I use that term loosely , lol) within the confines of their particular game mechanics. 

• Like 1

my account was banned from places using the monkey wonder sploders because I was in greenzone..

the way you avoid alts getting banned is by turning off music and media and anything where they can get your IP to match your alts to your account..

But you have to do it beforehand..once they have your name matched up,that alt will be in their system..

That is if they are doing it by IP.

• Like 3

You shouldn't use an alternative account to bypass a ban.

Think, "Why was I banned?". Once you think you know why, submit an appeal to the creators of the place that banned you.

By evading bans, you are disrespecting the creators of the game, and in most places if you are found out, will make a appeal impossible and a temporary ban into a permanent ban.

Please do the right thing and submit an appeal instead evading the wishes of content creators.

On 10/29/2017 at 3:00 PM, Chaser Zaks said:

You shouldn't use an alternative account to bypass a ban.

Think, "Why was I banned?". Once you think you know why, submit an appeal to the creators of the place that banned you.

By evading bans, you are disrespecting the creators of the game, and in most places if you are found out, will make a appeal impossible and a temporary ban into a permanent ban.

Please do the right thing and submit an appeal instead evading the wishes of content creators.

In my case,the guy that made the system was doing mass bans..Not the sim or land owners..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.