bunnysmokez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You aren't the only one confused here. I'm confused by the title and how it relates to your question. But I'm also confused on what you want to hear or what help you expect.

Honestly, your search for help is a little bit vague worded. Its not clear what you exactly struggle with or what you would consider to be a "bomb ass redone avi".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm sure they meant "Redbone" as in the subject. Goodle "Redbone" and you'll see.

No...I don't. Google gives me pictures of brown dogs and apperently some music artists albums and songs are named like that...but overall nothing that would give me a clue what the OP wants.

You guys are something else. Op’s post is a little confusing, but looking at the tags they’re talking about Redbone= a light skinned black woman.

Op my suggestion is to look on market place for a shape and face you like, pick one that says it has a style card. Use the style card as your guide. Also be aware of what kind head they’re using too or if they’re using a mesh head at all. But a good shape maker will tell you what skin They used in the style card. The description should tell you what kind of body the shape is for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

ooking at the tags they’re talking about Redbone= a light skinned black woman

Oh.  Is redbone the same as yellowbone?  Like Lisa Bonnet or Beyonce?

Look for some of CurseSmile's photos.  She may be a few shades darker but but she has a baddass shape that is NOT the deformed pony rider that seems to be prevalent.  Is that something like what you are after?  Could you post a pick or two of what you want?

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

12 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You guys are something else. Op’s post is a little confusing, but looking at the tags they’re talking about Redbone= a light skinned black woman.

Op my suggestion is to look on market place for a shape and face you like, pick one that says it has a style card. Use the style card as your guide. Also be aware of what kind head they’re using too or if they’re using a mesh head at all. But a good shape maker will tell you what skin They used in the style card. The description should tell you what kind of body the shape is for.

Makes sense now - I found this definition:

Light skinned female/male mixed with black and another race.

What is your budget?

How much time will you spend on technical things as a mesh avatar?

I will recommend a mesh body like Maitreya, and a Bento Catwa mesh head, or a Bento Lelutka mesh head. The best tan, deep tan, golden skinned skins is in my opinion L'Etre or It Girls. L'Etre only sell skins for mesh avatars. They do not have very african features, but I think they are more like mixed.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ItGirls-Catwa-Skin-Applier-Brigit-Tan/12818583

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/57068?utf8=✓&search[layout]=gallery&search[category_id]=&search[sort]=created_at_desc&search[per_page]=96&search[keywords]=&search[price_low]=&search[price_high]=&search[prim_count_low]=&search[prim_count_high]=&search[copy_permission]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[transfer_permission]=0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130578934@N04/

This is the expensive and most timeconsuming version.

For a low budget avatar, use the default classic shape and go to demo skins, they must be marked "classic". Here you can use the older It Girls skins. Sort "oldest first" on the Marketplace.

A store like 7 Deadly Sins have promo skin packs almost all the time, and gift skins when you join their group. Affordable fee for the group. They sell both skins for mesh avatars, and I think they have classic skins too. I have not used a classic avatar in 2 years, so forgive me if I am wrong.

This classic avatar will have default very ugly feet and hands. I recommend an update with Slink Dynamic hands and High feet.

For both type avatars, an AO (Animation override), I think Voir, Oracul and Tutys is affordable AOs most have "sexy" stands and I assume you want that? 300 - 600 L, make sure it is "Bento".

Any hair store in SL should have long sexy hair, again, I assume what you want is feminine, sexy, model/singer look. I just mention Doux, no.match, Exile, Truth and Mina. Hairs cost 200 - 300 L per style/color pack.

Shoes, jewellery and clothes.... can be as much as you want. There are freebies too. Affordable and sexy shoes and clothes are KC and Dirty Princess. Jewelry, maybe RealEvil industries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a mesh avatar, prices are roughly 8000 L without skin appliers. (5000 L for head, 3000 L for body) Some use the default skins. Purchased skins, look at the prices for the two stores I mention over here.

For a classic avatar, you can get a very cheap skin or a 1000 L skin. Or more. You will need 1500 L for Slink hands and feet, and the skin you buy must have appliers for Slink hands and feet. Some include these with the skin. Some take a few hundred L for them. No cost for body and head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyes, for the mesh avatar I recommend to use the included eyes. It is possible to customize them, but I think we can come back to it....

A few blogs for fashion and avatar building tips: http://www.haha-die.com/

http://alltherage4u.blogspot.no/

https://pearlsandpistols.wordpress.com/

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

I didn’t know we could list stores or I would have.

I think since the op is a novice at avi making they should start with a shape. Since redbone can mean anything from light skinned black woman to mixed black woman there’s a lot of looks they could do. I can’t think of that many shape makers off hand, but the one that I do remember is Unified. Unified does shapes for all of the major bodies: maitreya, slink and Belleza. The only thing is her style cards don’t really tell you which skin she used, but op would have a good basis to work with and skin choice can really alter an avatar’s appearance.

As far as skins, Itgirls is definitely a good choice. There’s also The Skinnery, Insol, Pumec, Milan. There are a lot of lesser known skin makers that make good skins for a redbone.

As for bodies, I’d suggest Slink Hourglass or Belleza Freya. Those two would probably allow for what I think OP is looking for in a body type.

Theres a thousand bloggers op could look at for style. I’d suggest someone like Volupturaptor Pearl or Coco Ranks.

Its hard helping someone with their avi when you aren’t sure what they want. But OP should have a lot of choices from these suggestions. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Yes, that's what I assumed. Like in the "Childish Gambino" song by the same name (or Urban Dictionary definition).

Edited by Love Zhaoying

15 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I didn’t know we could list stores or I would have.

I have posted such recommendations before. My impression is that positive and neutral naming is accepted. Also comparing with arguments, like comparing brand x to brand y, has been accepted, as long as the arguments are more than just slander.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't know if you are still looking, but check ItGirls, Fiore, L'Etre, theSkinnery, Modish, and a few other places. Those should get you started. Most other skin shops just tint their skins dark without adding any highlights or shading that many black or darker skin tones have, so they end up looking dull and ashen.

If you need anymore help feel free to msg me here or inworld.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.