things to do ?

mayzatourment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it can get soooooooooooooooooooo boring on sl sometimes , i do the usual going to clubs and shopping , soooooooooo much shopping ! what else can i do ? i do blogging and landscaping too but their is only so much of that i can do before im bored lol logging and doing rl is not an option when rl kids are in bed and i have nothing to do lol 

so please can anyone give me links or ideas of anything fun to do :D 

thanks

11 minutes ago, mayzatourment said:

it can get soooooooooooooooooooo boring

12 minutes ago, mayzatourment said:

before im bored

12 minutes ago, mayzatourment said:

logging and doing rl is not an option when rl kids are in bed and i have nothing to do

i think the keys are above ... it's not SL ...

• Like 1

There is TONS of things to do in SL ! Espcially Games : D

there is a lot of Games that i organize with friends, like :

Pool, SL Soccer, Laser Tag, Bowling, UNO, Pictionary, Golf, Hide and seek (yeah seriously lol) ...ect

The ONLY thing that is boring is that it's sooo hard to find motivated players to play.

• Like 6

I must be doing something wrong.  8 years and still not bored :D There's always a sim to explore, people to chat to, wandering about discovering something.  I often just open search and type in a completely random word just to see what comes up.

• Like 4

you can surf, ride horses, fly a plane (even crash it and walk away) take pictures of cool sims, be a mermaid, there is lots to do here. They key is remembering you are in charge of you SL, you can't wait on someone else to make it fun for you.. 

• Like 4

Finding the people you want to be around is not always easy.  I understand what you are going through.

Do you have any hobbies outside of SL?  Anything you want to try if you had the money and time?  Do you read?  Play games? Watch TV? Movies?

Once you have a list of everything you like, would like to try or wish you could try, start searching for groups with those key words.  Also, be prepared to spend some time on this.  There is no quick fix; no switch to flip and suddenly be surrounded by people just like you.

Or ... start a thing!  Recruit people from these forums that come looking for friends and things to do almost every day.  Pick a day, pick a time, pick a theme or project or activity and do it every week.  Again, be ready to put in a little work up front and stick to it. 

Whatever you decide, good luck and I hope you find your fun.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 8

38 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

you can surf, ride horses, fly a plane (even crash it and walk away) take pictures of cool sims, be a mermaid, there is lots to do here. They key is remembering you are in charge of you SL, you can't wait on someone else to make it fun for you.. 

A mermaid flashmob. How fun would that be, assembling a group of mermaids to swim a route through the Blake sea, just like the organized sailing races and contests, but sous l'eau? Seeing a group of green dots on the map traveling together under the water would surely attract attention. I can see it now, news of The Great Mer Migration appearing at outlets across the grid.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
Because punctuation is important
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

A mermaid flashmob. How fun would that be, assembling a group of mermaids to swim a route through the Blake sea, just like the organized sailing races and contests, but sous l'eau. Seeing a group of green dots on the map traveling together under the water would surely attract attention. I can see it now, news of The Great Mer Migration appearing at outlets across the grid

I talked with a girl once who told me one of her favorite things to do was follow random boats in the Blake Sea as a mermaid.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

A mermaid flashmob. How fun would that be, assembling a group of mermaids to swim a route through the Blake sea, just like the organized sailing races and contests, but sous l'eau? Seeing a group of green dots on the map traveling together under the water would surely attract attention. I can see it now, news of The Great Mer Migration appearing at outlets across the grid.

I have an alt I can use for this, count me in!

• Like 4

There's a Japanese group in Neumoegen that are hosting a cross-country rally around the Heterocera continent.

There is a vehicle rezzer at the landing point, and the official rally car is scripted to tell you which region to drive to next.

If you manage to complete the full course (either the standard route, or the reverse), you get a free copy of the car to keep.

It means tackling a whole bunch of region crossings, but I had a lot of fun with it myself.  My first few runs ended when a sim crossing went badly and the car disappeared, but eventually I did complete the course in about 80 minutes.  After I'd learned the path, I started making speed runs, with my best completion being just over 12 minutes long.

Anyone who wants to give it a try can find the starting point at:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neumoegen/97/17/64

rallymap_001.png

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.