How do i use Auto response tool

Annie1779

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

Autorespond is an option in the Firestorm viewer. To the best of my knowledge, it's not available in the Linden Lab viewer.

To access it, go to: Avatar > Preferences > Privacy > Autoresponse 1 & 2. You will find text boxes into which you can type your autoresponses.

Example (please excuse the language. I don't mince my words!) -

autoresponse01.png.743b60e7369e9f8804e27bc44af3fbeb.png

Once you've set them up, enable them by going to: Comm > Online Status and choosing which option you want:

autoresponse02.png.9ae53255431de0c570512210e2c7b450.png

• Like 6

On 8/5/2017 at 10:27 AM, Bobsie said:

Just checking: So I will get peoples messages if I turn "autoresponse" on? 

Yes... but, no special case is made for contacts that hit 'busy autoresponse' and other offline IM's that push you to the message cap. So, those messages will be lost too, when you hit cap.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 12:27 PM, Bobsie said:

Just checking: So I will get peoples messages if I turn "autoresponse" on? 

yes and no. some auto responses do not cause a message to show up in your im box i think. only the other user gets the message and you see nothing. oh and for those that have never used it there is an option on the second auto response page that lets you send an item to the person getting the response. you can add a notecard with a more detailed response if you wanted or maybe a picture.

so go through each of the auto responses by turning them on and then read what they say just so you know which do and do not actually show you something. for I think if you set unavailable you won't see anything and if you refuse group invites or tp requests or friend requests you won't see those either.

LOL.. I didn't even realize the original post was from last year. just seen the date on the most recent reply.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
oh well, we all do it at some point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.