DJ Board Display Not Working Properly

Glad Gaffer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No matter what DJ Board I set out on my land, they will not display the radio station, the DJ or the song that is being streamed.  One of the DJ boards indicts that there is a connection error 499.  Does anyone have a similar issue and know an answer to this problem?

1 hour ago, Glad Gaffer said:

No matter what DJ Board I set out on my land, they will not display the radio station, the DJ or the song that is being streamed.  One of the DJ boards indicts that there is a connection error 499.  Does anyone have a similar issue and know an answer to this problem?

dj boards are like any other streaming tools.. be sure to have it deeded to the same group as the land.

Some need a additional receiver rezzed before it will work.

Also check if the stream is up and running ( type the stream adress in your browser to check, or open it in a mediaplayer)

For all other problems have a look at the manual, contact the creator or usergroup.

Thank you for your suggestions Alwin.  Unfortunately, I've done what you have suggested and still no results.  I have tested two different boards, one with an additonal receiver and one without.  Both will not display.  However, they both will change the stream.  They just won't display what is streaming. 

I have taken the DJ boards to another parcel and they do work on those parcels.  Its just this one parcel where they will not display.

I turned in a ticket to have the SIM restarted because thats the only thing I can think of that might work.

Since last Wednesday i also have the SAME problem with my SHX BOARD - this board has been in place for over 2 years and is deeded and working showing song titles. Now no matter what radio station is played there are no titles just ERROR 499 and also all Dj's too. The other thing i have noticed is that when the AUTO-REVERT option is ON no matter if another station is playing or a DJ is playing after 5 minutes the stream reverts as though there is no stream actually playing. I have tried a brand new board and it is exactly the same, however i have a board on another SIM and that is still working fine (no error)...i have tried restarting the SIM 3 times with no luck it made no difference...only thing i have noticed is the version of the SIM on the parcel where the working board is is older than that at the SIM where the one with the error is.....anyone else have this error start recently ?? any suggestions ?

Edited by alison Carroll
  • Like 1

Alwin i already tried that "solution" if you read my post...i have RESTARTED the Sim 3 times with no change. the boards have been in position for a LONG time with correct land goup "deeding" . I have written about this issue to SHX Support and hope this can be resolved...any others with this problem since last Wednesday ? So its the SAME problem but not the same SOLUTION for it !

Edited by alison Carroll
  • Like 1

I've got the same error code Alison - the Labs have done a region restart for me and it's not cured it. We've changed nothing on the board or it's config and the stations we're using did give song information on the board.

I filled in the contact form for Sai on the SHX website  but I've not had a copy of the contact come back to my eMail which is kind of worrying me - it might be that song information is processed on a server external to SL (a bit like Xander Kappler does with his excellent Google calendar boards) and that server has crashed, is no longer there or not being maintained. If the Connection error code is an http code (which is how in-world stuff talks to the web outside) then code 499 is "CLIENT CLOSED REQUEST" e.g. the server refused the connection - in which case we have to wait for Sai and his team to fix it perhaps?

The only other thing that might be going on - it might be a server software versioning thing going on? We know that different regions run different versions at varying times - perhaps something else was 'fixed' but it's now causing this error?

• Like 1

Are you all on RC Magnum regions?
In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Second Life/Viewer name.
Does the server version show as "Second Life RC Magnum 17.05.23.326524" ?

It appears there is a bug with Shoutcast boards on Magnum regions.
BUG-100737 - Shoutcast receivers unable to relay on RC Magnum 17.05.23.326524

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lyndka Cochrane said:

I filled in the contact form for Sai on the SHX website  but I've not had a copy of the contact come back to my eMail which is kind of worrying me

Yes same for me i got not mail copy that i asked for on the contact form but i have also sent the same mail to Sai as an IM in SL..Yes Whirly my Sim is running on RC Magnum 17.05.23 so i guess its that BUG...hope it will get a fix soon.

On 2017-5-28 at 0:40 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Are you all on RC Magnum regions?
In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Second Life/Viewer name.
Does the server version show as "Second Life RC Magnum 17.05.23.326524" ?

It appears there is a bug with Shoutcast boards on Magnum regions.
BUG-100737 - Shoutcast receivers unable to relay on RC Magnum 17.05.23.326524

Yes - our main club is but I've just tried a separate SHX on my home parcel next door on Caemars Demise (which is running Second Life Server 17.05.05.326149) and after initially working - it now seems to be doing the same behaviour after I crossed from Caemars in to Leodegrance. Soi goodness knows what's happening :P

I just rezzed a stream board on the Caemars Demise parcel and it now seems to be working as expected (which it didnt before) - my brain hurts now :(

Edited by Lyndka Cochrane
to add more information from testing

4 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

We have diagnosed the problem with this script, and are reaching out to the author to define a change to the script and the server to restore the functionality.

This is not a problem with one script by one author.  It's a general problem with scripts that access shoutcast status.  Please reach out further.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Qwalyphi Korpov said:

This is not a problem with one script by one author.  It's a general problem with scripts that access shoutcast status.  Please reach out further.

+1 for this - I tried a couple of smaller stream boards from other creators and they had the same issue - it's not confined to Saii and the SHX products as Qwalyphi said :(

I should have been more clear... we are aware that it's not just one script, and the fix we're working on will be usable by any script. I expect to have specifics in the next couple of days. 

In the mean time, the scripts still work if the region is on the main channel, or on the Bluesteel or Le Tigre release channels. Support can move your region if needed.

• Like 5

I'm not terribly concerned about song info not displaying (but glad we're working on a fix) -- tonight, however, on a Magnum region, I logged into the Shoutcast board and started streaming, and after a few minutes the board reverted to the previous radio station. Logged back into the board, and a few minutes later it reverted again. Not sure if this is related, or a new issue, or just me having a strange night. Turning the board off, and just plugging into parcel media seems to be the fix for that issue ;)

6 hours ago, Alobar Valeska said:

I'm not terribly concerned about song info not displaying (but glad we're working on a fix) -- tonight, however, on a Magnum region, I logged into the Shoutcast board and started streaming, and after a few minutes the board reverted to the previous radio station. Logged back into the board, and a few minutes later it reverted again. Not sure if this is related, or a new issue, or just me having a strange night. Turning the board off, and just plugging into parcel media seems to be the fix for that issue ;)

This is probably the "revert" feature in the SHX board kicking in - essentially if it loses contact with your stream for a period of seconds, it "assumes" the stream is down and switches back to a radio stream. The board Manager can turn this off via the Manager or Options menu and it can also be set off in the !settings card of the SHX so that it can resume through resets and so on.

• Like 2

Scheduled for 2017-05-31 for RC Magnum
OS upgrade (Nothing is changing functionalitywise)
NOTE:
We are working on a fix for an issue addressed with 17.05.23.326524 from last week:
BUG-100737 "Shoutcast receivers unable to relay on RC Magnum"
This has been diagnosed, and we are working on a solution. The solution will require a simple update to affected scripts.

The problem with "The solution will require a simple update to affected scripts." is that one of the big names in these boards (a three letter one) is basically MIA. His product will be quite broken.

Is there a solution you can do on the server Oz, one that doesn't need 90% of clubs in SL to buy new boards?

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

The problem with "The solution will require a simple update to affected scripts." is that one of the big names in these boards (a three letter one) is basically MIA. His product will be quite broken.

Is there a solution you can do on the server Oz, one that doesn't need 90% of clubs in SL to buy new boards?

I can hear the screams across the grid... :P 

It's a scary thought and there's no one else with anything as good in the market (well not that I've seen so far) with the same functionality (without  buying lots of smaller products)

• Like 2

On 06/06/2017 at 10:47 AM, Callum Meriman said:

I wonder why products that are effectively no longer supported are still allowed to be sold ? Today you could go buy one of these "broken" Boards and waste your L$$$$ ?? and WHO gets the money you have paid !!!

I'm just hoping that OZ and his relations can effect a cure for us all on the servers which are affected by this situaltion and yes the REVERT to the first radio station is part of this prblem as i had to switch this feature off cos my SXH boards were auto-reverting about every 5 minutes even though a valid stream was playing.

Can i ask please how long it is gonna be to get a solution fix for this ? No other make of boards have the same options and functions and gthere are a LOT of us out here in SL that have SHX products. I cant see WHY on the Mainland SIM i DJ at in the week the SHX Board works as it should yet where i DJ at the weekends that Board is not working...i KNOW its a different server but WHY cant the software versions be the same on both ???

OZ and Linden support please note that JIRA Bug https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-100737 is NOT resolved as it seems to suggest

Edited by alison Carroll
new info

58 minutes ago, alison Carroll said:

I wonder why products that are effectively no longer supported are still allowed to be sold ? Today you could go buy one of these "broken" Boards and waste your L$$$$ ?? and WHO gets the money you have paid !!!

Hopefully if the Lindens are unable to keep them working they can remove all his listings from the MP, so that people don't keep wasting money on them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.