DJ Board Display Not Working Properly

Glad Gaffer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An update for all SRC receivers is available:
Just click [update] under [options] of the boards menu to receive one.

Do note that applying the update, while your region is not upgraded to magnum will have the board malfunction.
Best just wait until you get "http" script errors, then apply the update.
If in doubt or you need help, contact me in SL. I'm not online 24/7, but mostly somewhere between 10am-10pm CET.

The update also fixes that new icecast servers didn't show song info, it will now and automatically detects old/new servers.

Updates for other equipment is coming soon where necessary. And i'll be working on new stuff.
I'm open to ideas and suggestions, just hit me up.

Kind regards,
Saii Hallard.

shx-logo.png

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Kochloeffel Pfeffer said:

My Boards are on a Magnum Sim and they work with the Update now. But its not working right with my Icecast 2.4.2, the error message 499 is gone now but it don't show the Songtitle or the Bitrate just a *

Bitrate and Listeners Count is 0 / 0

Regards Jessi :)

Contact me in SL when you're on, we'll have a look together

Edited by Saii Hallard
  • Like 1

On 7.7.2017 at 6:32 PM, Linnrenate Crosby said:

i got a lot of help from Chloe to fix my board, we more or less have it working now except that it keep flooding us with a script warning:

URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.

How can this last problem be fixed?.

On 7.7.2017 at 6:48 PM, Linnrenate Crosby said:

We are using http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368 to test with, no spaces or newlines

Any news or pointers to what causes the problems i'm having Oz? You did mention in a post earlier that underscore, is that related to the HTTP_USER_AGENT underscores? We have been testing in one of the Magnum Sandboxes as well as in a Magnum sim on the beta grid and getting the same result

16 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

Any news or pointers to what causes the problems i'm having Oz? You did mention in a post earlier that underscore, is that related to the HTTP_USER_AGENT underscores? We have been testing in one of the Magnum Sandboxes as well as in a Magnum sim on the beta grid and getting the same result

The underscores in HTTP_USER_AGENT do not matter - they have to be there because that's an LSL constant. There must be no underscores in hostnames in the URL string (and also no spaces, newlines etc.). I tested your stream on a Magnum region and it works fine. To find the issue, I had already asked for some simple checks; maybe Chloe can help you doing them. I know I am not Oz, just trying to help ^^

Well as i told you earlier... i'm not a good scripter thus why Chloe help me. I have no clue what part of the code you want me to paste here. On the other hand i'm so pissed off with this problem that i might just post the full script as well as placing out the prim build at my shop for everyone to grab for free :(

If it's the fetch code you ask about i have given it before, but here it is again with the space after stats corrected:

v2HTTPRequest=llHTTPRequest(URL + "/stats",[HTTP_USER_AGENT,"XML-Getter/1.0 (Mozilla Compatible)"],"");

Edited by Linnrenate Crosby

9 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

Well as i told you earlier... i'm not a good scripter thus why Chloe help me. I have no clue what part of the code you want me to paste here. On the other hand i'm so pissed off with this problem that i might just post the full script as well as placing out the prim build at my shop for everyone to grab for free :(

You could ad the following just before llHTTPRequest - this outputs the URL in local chat, so we can see if it contains anything that doesn't belong there:

llOwnerSay( "'" + URL + "'" );

You can just post the printed line here...

Another thing would be to not use "XML-Getter" in the user agent, but something shorter. This was my issue, but it's actually got nothing to do with control characters, so this might not be the issue here, but could still be good to keep in mind.

21 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

i added the fetch line again just  as you posted your reply... read back if that's what you was asking for

Sorry, that wasn't what I meant... just add the line I posted before the line you posted in your script, please... and it will print the value of the URL variable in local chat. In your line, I can only see the variable, but not what's in it - the stream URL, of course, but maybe additional stuff that doesn't belong there.

the output of the URL in chat look just fine to me -> 'http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368'

We are doing:

fetch()
{
    v1HTTPRequest=llHTTPRequest(URL + "/7.html HTTP/1.0\nUser-Agent: LSL Script (Mozilla Compatible)\n\n",[],"");
    v2HTTPRequest=llHTTPRequest(URL + "/stats ",[HTTP_USER_AGENT,"XML-Getter/1.0 (Mozilla Compatible)"],"");
}

And funny thing, when i commented out the V1HTTPRequest the script warnings are not hitting me anymore.... so something is wrong with the v1HTTPRequest call i guess. I really want this to be able to do both shoutcast v1 and v2, but if it's not possible i'll just scrap the v1 support

Just now, Linnrenate Crosby said:

the output of the URL in chat look just fine to me -> 'http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368'

We are doing:

fetch()
{
    v1HTTPRequest=llHTTPRequest(URL + "/7.html HTTP/1.0\nUser-Agent: LSL Script (Mozilla Compatible)\n\n",[],"");
    v2HTTPRequest=llHTTPRequest(URL + "/stats ",[HTTP_USER_AGENT,"XML-Getter/1.0 (Mozilla Compatible)"],"");
}

And funny thing, when i commented out the V1HTTPRequest the script warnings are not hitting me anymore.... so something is wrong with the v1HTTPRequest call i guess. I really want this to be able to do both shoutcast v1 and v2, but if it's not possible i'll just scrap the v1 support

Oh yes... that's the line you still have control characters in. You need to change the first line into:

v1HTTPRequest=llHTTPRequest(URL + "/7.html",[HTTP_USER_AGENT,"XML-Getter/1.0 (Mozilla Compatible)"],"");

(and of course no space after "/stats" in the 2nd line)

You can also use something else than "XML-Getter" in the first line ebcause it doesn't get XML... but it doesn't really matter...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

yay that worked Shuichi, at least it did get rid of the warnings. Now i just need to hunt down a V1 shoutcast server for more testing. Thank you for your kind help

You're welcome ^^ And you can try any v2 server too, it seems.. they all seem to support the v1 way now as well... you can maybe try by commenting the v2HTTPRequest line (not sure if that's enough because I don't know your script, but you can try).

ok guys seems LL do rolling restarts and pass the new code on the second life main servers

hopefully there will be more updates to the rest regions and finally the new code will work for all channels

the DG-X Shoucast/Icecast boards by Daffy's Gadgetmania update the new code and is compatible now!

if anyone got error from DG-X board and need immediately update

there is update script on this location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Magic Bay/70/13/37

best regards Daffy Proto and thank you everyone for any of your precious help!

DAFFY'S GADGETMANIA small.jpg

• Like 1

Logged in today to find my SHX song boards "broken" showing the http script errors as expected after the latest region update on the main channel. I applied the song board updates I received from SHX  but the script error is still there and the boards remain broken. Anyone else had this issue?

6 hours ago, Dichromus Miles said:

Logged in today to find my SHX song boards "broken" showing the http script errors as expected after the latest region update on the main channel. I applied the song board updates I received from SHX  but the script error is still there and the boards remain broken. Anyone else had this issue?

Mine seems to have updated absolutely fine .  (On the 3rd attempt because I didn't read the instructions properly about placing the updater in the center of the board o.O )

Well it looks like more sim regions are on the new server software and still some NOT - and apparently we have to wait a full day for remainder to come onboard.  This whole thing has been extremely unfair on retailers with radio products, ready to send out their updates to cater for this supposed 'hack-fix' (which has been the recommended method for radio scripters to obtain stream data for several years), and on their customers who don't know whether they're coming or going.  This has been a shameful implementation release and very unprofessional of Linden Labs IT....not to mention the lack of any kind of 'heads-up' through blogs or development transparency to us poor commercial scripters.  I found out accidentally when a customer on a Magnum region reported script error spamming from one of my radio products some weeks ago (guess I was one of the lucky ones!).  I wonder how many retailers/scripters are only just finding out about it now and scratching their heads?

• Like 1

[BiC]'s Multicast boards got their update/fix today since the formerly Magnum issue got rolled out yesterday to the main channel. Also the Icecast parser got updateted to the most recent version.

Contact me with your purchase details for your update package.

Best regards,
Dianna Loxely  [BiC]/Dunkelziffer CEO

On 10-7-2017 at 7:36 PM, Saii Hallard said:

An update for all SRC receivers is available:
Just click [update] under [options] of the boards menu to receive one.

Do note that applying the update, while your region is not upgraded to magnum will have the board malfunction.
Best just wait until you get "http" script errors, then apply the update.
If in doubt or you need help, contact me in SL. I'm not online 24/7, but mostly somewhere between 10am-10pm CET.

The update also fixes that new icecast servers didn't show song info, it will now and automatically detects old/new servers.

Kind regards,
Saii Hallard.

shx-logo.png

Just adding to the above post that for all SRN types the update is available too, same procedure: menu: [options] - [update] to get an updater.

I'll be releasing an update again soon, to a fully mesh board for all types. 
Most of the other products, such as the tipjars, welcome boards etc. will get revamped as well in the coming weeks.

If you need help, just give me a shout in SL.

Kind regards,

Saii Hallard.  

shx-logo.png

• Like 1

On 7/18/2017 at 9:43 AM, Oz Linden said:

This change is rolling to the main channel now, and will roll to any RC channels it isn't already on in tomorrows roll.

Apologies for the delays and difficulties.

Well you just crippled the Balanvi Community    675 units with over 5000 users.  Thanks for the heads up.  14 regions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.