DJ Board Display Not Working Properly

Glad Gaffer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Qwalyphi Korpov said:

I have read both that 7.html went away with DNAS V2 and that it has since come back.  Can't say that I have excellent sources for this..  In my testing of some Shoutcast V2 servers 7.html gave me good results.  Not sure if those were exceptions.  Here's a link to a 2011 forum post saying 7.html came back due to popular demand: http://forums.shoutcast.com/showthread.php?p=3039066&langid=2

BTW, I made changes today at a Magnum sim and my revised scripts are working without problem now.

I at least found servers where both variants work (see my above post) - from the link you posted, it seems they just support the v1 and v2 way of requesting stream info now, but not sure if every v2 server does that. Requesting it the v2 way also works (XML or JSON), but if the header gets too long, it seems you won't get an answer either way (which happened when using "Stream-Script/1.0" instead of "Stream/1.0" as custom user agent in my script). It's like living a little too close to the edge, so any way to shorten the headers or something else Oz mentioned they might have in mind, would be very welcome in a later update. For now, most servers seem to work again - after shortening the user agent string, I didn't find a server that didn't - so I am happy the way it works now and look forward to the grid-wide rollout (right now, old scripts throw script errors on new regions and vice versa).

@sirhc DeSantis Breaking old content is not so good, but in this case I think, preventing hacks like the one that was used to get the stream info takes precedence. Anyone who is still active inworld, can easily update the scripts with the info provided here. If SHX doesn't get updated, I don't care much about its creator, but for customers, it feels bad because they have to buy something new now. Ok, there are already systems available which look good and are not too expensive (a fact which prevented me from doing my own SHuiX ^^), but I can already see the outrage once this is rolled out grid-wide. I hope I am wrong, tho, and I do support the current solution.

@Oz Linden Thank you for all the work and effort to solve this issue with us :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shuichi Shinji said:

@sirhc DeSantis Breaking old content is not so good, but in this case I think, preventing hacks like the one that was used to get the stream info takes precedence. Anyone who is still active inworld, can easily update the scripts with the info provided here. If SHX doesn't get updated, I don't care much about its creator, but for customers, it feels bad because they have to buy something new now. Ok, there are already systems available which look good and are not too expensive (a fact which prevented me from doing my own SHuiX ^^), but I can already see the outrage once this is rolled out grid-wide. I hope I am wrong, tho, and I do support the current solution.

Certainly the issue for me as a club owner is that SHX provides some nice options for controlling and distributing our streams that I haven't seen elsewhere (yet!) such as multiple remote controls from multiple parcels (our club is parcelled to allow different windlight & voice options on different sectors), sending of stream details to a different region, multiple DJ setups using notecards - some boards allow multiple DJ's via dialog boxes but it only takes one wrong button to make mistakes & reset everything. We do use these SHX options every week and we play work from new artists so having music/artists info on display for our guests is important to us.

To be honest, the song rating integration devices, DJ schedule board/log in & tip jar login are SHX features I could do without and there are some features missing such as 'jukebox' station selection for VIP's (so they can chose a stream on some parcels when they visit and don't need land rights to swap), "most selected stream" stats, stream scheduling that allows creation of a schedule using legible/meaningful syntax on buttons or an NC that allows previously stored streams to be selected at certain times.

Sorry this became a bit of a shopping list but it does show that SHX is used because of the control/expansion features they offer and so if Sai has disappeared never to update again, it will cause a deal of stress. A simple stream board with some bouncing EQ bars and song title just won't do for a lot of venues I'm afraid. I'm aware that there are scripters/creators reading here wondering whether it's worth extra effort - well yes, we'd certainly buy your products, we might even help fund development.

• Like 2

@Lyndka Cochrane If you seach for "dj board shoutcast icecast" on MP, there are some alternatives on page 1 already (ignoring the also found SHX products). I don't want to advertise for any of those products and I haven't tested any of them, but at least one sounds as if it allows some of the options you need (multiple parcels, configuring by notecard), so it might be worth a try - we will probably try it in our club. I was seriously thinking about doing my own, but seeing the already available alternatives, I decided not to because it would be quite some work to re-implement all the SHX features (and you can be sure that even the exotic features are needed by some and requested). Maybe someone else really is going to do it or maybe an existing board already comes close... or both - it's always good to have some alternatives (as this issue now proves) ^^

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

i got a lot of help from Chloe to fix my board, we more or less have it working now except that it keep flooding us with a script warning:

How can this last problem be fixed?.

Do you still have spaces or newlines in the URL or newlines in the user agent?

There has been a change in what my SHX boards are showing after last update..they do not show error 499 anymore they just say "connecting please wait..." for where the song titles would be also i dont now get the number of listeners on the board showing up either ? What do you think please be frank will my SHX boards ever work as they do on the Mainland - there all is still working correctly and i am still at a loss to understand WHY they can work there, yes i know its a different server, and whatever is the problem cannot be put back to what it is in the server version on the Mainland. I notice there are comments that the Mainland server could be having eventually the server version that breaks the SHX like i seem to have and when that happend expect a LOT of very unhappy SHX users.

@Linnrenate Crosby There is a space character at the end of "/stats " which needs to be removed ^^ Using "/7.html" also works like it used to be for v1 streams. You can also try "/stats?sid=1" for the same as just "/stats", but with explicit stream ID or "/stats?sid=1&json=1" for JSON output which is easier parseable (there are LSL functions for it, see one of Oz's older posts).

Edited by Shuichi Shinji
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shuichi Shinji said:

@Linnrenate Crosby There is a space character at the end of "/stats " which needs to be removed ^^ Using "/7.html" also works like it used to be for v1 streams. You can also try "/stats?sid=1" for the same as just "/stats", but with explicit stream ID or "/stats?sid=1&json=1" for JSON output which is easier parseable (there are LSL functions for it, see one of Oz's older posts).

We have tried both as posted and "/stats" (aka removing the space you point out) no difference at all, the warning are still flooding

6 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

We have tried both as posted and "/stats" (aka removing the space you point out) no difference at all, the warning are still flooding

Is it still the same warning (control character) or something else?

If it's the same, could you please post the line where URL is set, too? If it comes from a config notecard, you could check if there is a leading or trailing space or another character that doesn't belong there. You could also add an llOwnerSay( "'" + URL + "'" ); just before the request and post the result here...

If it's a different warning, try renaming "XML-Getter" to something shorter - I had the problem that "Stream/1.0" works, but "Stream-Script/1.0" didn't because the headers became too long...

Well knowing Chloe she would have checked this already, she also agree think that it's the underscore in HTTP_USER_AGENT that gove these warnings. Oz did mention in a post earlier that underscore

The problem is that the underscore character is not valid in a hostname. We'll see if we can relax the restriction.

5 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

Well knowing Chloe she would have checked this already, she also agree think that it's the underscore in HTTP_USER_AGENT that gove these warnings. Oz did mention in a post earlier that underscore

Yes, I read that too, but I don't see an underscore in the URL ("http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368") and none in the user agent ("XML-Getter/1.0 (Mozilla Compatible)"), that's why I was looking for another possible reason...

27 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

The only other possible reason is that LL fu**ed up something..... again

That helps no one... I made some suggestions what you could try and check, apart from that I can't help any further...

I just tried http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368 with my script which tries the following and all 3 work:

http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368/7.html
http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368/stats?sid=1
http://bigdaddys.digistream.info:20368/stats?sid=1&json=1

This is my request function call:

llHTTPRequest( StreamReqURL, [ HTTP_USER_AGENT, "Stream/1.0 (Mozilla Compatible)", HTTP_METHOD, "GET", HTTP_BODY_MAXLENGTH, 16384 ], "" );

(HTTP_METHOD and HTTP_BODY_MAXLENGTH shouldn't be necessary here, but I added them for Icecast's HTML status page which is somewhat lengthy...)

Edit: Second Life RC Magnum 17.06.29.327400

Edited by Shuichi Shinji
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alison Carroll said:

There has been a change in what my SHX boards are showing after last update..they do not show error 499 anymore they just say "connecting please wait..." for where the song titles would be also i dont now get the number of listeners on the board showing up either ? What do you think please be frank will my SHX boards ever work as they do on the Mainland - there all is still working correctly and i am still at a loss to understand WHY they can work there, yes i know its a different server, and whatever is the problem cannot be put back to what it is in the server version on the Mainland. I notice there are comments that the Mainland server could be having eventually the server version that breaks the SHX like i seem to have and when that happend expect a LOT of very unhappy SHX users.

As far as I understood it, the Magnum server version will be rolled out grid-wide eventually, so all SHX boards will break - or someone can convince the SHX owner to update the script... it's just one simple change after all. Otherwise, another product has to be bought and yes, many SHX users won't be happy about that...

• Like 1

Hello guys and gals :),

SHX creator reporting in!
First of all my apologies, due to personal first life stuff i've been not on top of things in Second Life for quite a while.
Oz Linden has brought to my attention that this update is happening, and pointed out this thread.

I've made the necessary changes and will rollout an update tomorrow morning, which is probably between 8am and 9am CET.
This update will also include an updated parser for Icecast, because newer icecast server versions did not display the song info due to changes in the structure.

Do note that due to the changes in the Magnum sim-version, it will obviously not work on the current simulator software versions. So you best wait till the magnum rollout is completed before applying the SHX board update.

During the course of the day i will be updating the radio stations on here: http://www.shxonline.com/srw/radiolist/

Again my sincere apologies for not being around, i can't really go into the reason why, but i'm sure you can understand that in a more than 11 years span there are some times you have other obligations. I've always strived to have the best support we can give, and will make sure it will be so again.

If you have anything you want to see changed, added or need support, just hit me up. Preferably with a notecard, so i can read up and contact you when necessary.

With kind regards,
Saii Hallard

shx-logo.png

• Like 5

On 7/8/2017 at 11:07 AM, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Same issue here, using a DG-X Shoutcast board and it's not showing song titles at my club which is on a Magnum sim.  Tested on a non-Magnum sim, works there.

Little update, the maker of the DG-X board contacted me and helped me get my board working. He said the fix is still in beta until LL gets the issue worked out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saii Hallard said:

Again my sincere apologies for not being around, i can't really go into the reason why, but i'm sure you can understand that in a more than 11 years span there are some times you have other obligations. I've always strived to have the best support we can give, and will make sure it will be so again.

Thank you very much for the update and best wishes for your first life things which are most important ^^

• Like 1

On 30/06/2017 at 10:18 PM, Christina Hammerer said:

I had problems with our dj board too ..On the sim rc blue steel.. the shoutcast board didn't work so i put a lastat production dj board out and it works perfectly if that helps anyone.. creator Lastat Daxter

Went out yesterday after reading this and bought a LASTAT PRODUCTIONS Shoutcast Board. Placed it out on the parcel and no it does NOT work, it is broken like SHX Boards and does not display the current BITRATE/LISTENERS and NO Song Titles. So another L$500 wasted on an item in MARKETPLACE that is not fit for purpose and still being sold !!? After this experience i think it is probably correct that ALL Shoutcast/DJ Boards are broken in those SIMS affected as of now and when the SIM version is rolled to the other SIMS, especially those on Mainland then everywhere in SL all those boards regardless of make will cease to work. There will be lots or very unhappy people, clubs, DJs, when thaht happens.

Just spotted the post by Saii Hallard SHX creator and very please that finally he seems to be onboard to resolve the issue. So just maybe with all working together with OZ and LINDENS we can look forward to a proper fix.

Edited by alison Carroll
additional information & spelling

5 minutes ago, alison Carroll said:

Went out yesterday after reading this and bought a LASTAT PRODUCTIONS Shoutcast Board. Placed it out on the parcel and no it does NOT work, it is broken like SHX Boards and does not display the current BITRATE/LISTENERS and NO Song Titles. So another L$500 wasted on an item in MARKETPLACE that is not fit for purpose and still being sold !!? After this experience i think it is probably correct that ALL Shoutcast/DJ Boards are broken in those SIMS affected as of now and when the SIM version is rolled to the other SIMS, especially those on Mainland then everywhere in SL all those boards regardless of make will cease to work. There will be lots or very unhappy people, clubs, DJs, when thaht happens.

Contact me in SL, i got an update ready ... For SHX that is

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, alison Carroll said:

So another L$500 wasted on an item in MARKETPLACE that is not fit for purpose and still being sold !!? After this experience i think it is probably correct that ALL Shoutcast/DJ Boards are broken in those SIMS affected as of now and when the SIM version is rolled to the other SIMS, especially those on Mainland then everywhere in SL all those boards regardless of make will cease to work. There will be lots or very unhappy people, clubs, DJs, when thaht happens.

I guess creators are hesitant to put an update on MP already because the update would not work on non-Magnum/Cake regions yet, only after they are rolled out grid-wide. Of course they could sell both versions as one package (I do that with my tip jar scripts), but who reads instructions and uses the correct version ^^ Christina tested the Lastat board on a Blue Steel region, so of course it still worked there (who knows why her SHX didn't work). Saii already offers an update for SHX - and for other products, maybe wait till the server change is rolled out grid-wide or contact those creators to see if they have an update ready already or whether they are even aware of the issue yet. If there is no update and you get no response, you can always leave an appropriate review, but as a creator myself, I can only ask for some patience - not everyone can reply immediately.

Edited by Shuichi Shinji
added hyphen for clarity
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.