How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 minute ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Maybe we should do another thread in the forums about AI and photography manipulation? 

for one picture ? aren`t we exaggerating a little bit? what`s the matter with you? for one picture all the others I processed, so what? you`re not capable? that`s your problem

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

32 minutes ago, pron1234 said:

for one picture ? aren`t we exaggerating a little bit? what`s the matter with you? for one picture all the others I processed, so what? you`re not capable? that`s your problem

I didn't read their post like that at all. Have I missed something, some spat between the pair of you or something? I honestly thought it would be a good idea to have a new thread started showing what is possible with AI software.

As someone who just takes rough snapshots, and has never even used photoshop or gimp, I became quite fascinated with AI software last year, and whenever a photo has appeared in this thread that looks enhanced in some way, I'd quite like to know how it was done, but not on this thread as it would change the essence of this thread, which isn't really one where much discussion goes on, it's mostly just a place for everyone to share what their avatar looks like today. 

• Like 7

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

I didn't read their post like that at all. Have I missed something, some spat between the pair of you or something? I honestly thought it would be a good idea to have a new thread started showing what is possible with AI software.

As someone who just takes rough snapshots, and has never even used photoshop or gimp, I became quite fascinated with AI software last year, and whenever a photo has appeared in this thread that looks enhanced in some way, I'd quite like to know how it was done, but not on this thread as it would change the essence of this thread, which isn't really one where much discussion goes on, it's mostly just a place for everyone to share what their avatar looks like today. 

My thought too. Did found it a serious suggestion to start up a new thread. Can be very insightful in how to boost your pictures of SL.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

All my shots are raw as well.  I do.think it's a great idea to have a thread devoted to photo manipulations as more people seem to be getting interested in that form.  May the thread could include the raw shot as well.  Before and after.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

57 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

then I was indicted for a picture see my other pictures are not like others post them, and if I then process them with different lights , contrasts , titto that doesn't change my avatar and believe me I have a good eye and I can do them well

2 hours ago, pron1234 said:

is what I also believe

Why do you believe that? Have you already had some kind of problem with the other person who made the comment about starting a new thread? 

I believe a certain person to who you reply is sh1t stirring. We don't need that kind of problem on this thread. 

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

All my shots are raw as well.  I do.think it's a great idea to have a thread devoted to photo manipulations as more people seem to be getting interested in that form.  May the thread could include the raw shot as well.  Before and after.

Yes, I definitely think it would be interesting to see the before and after. It would be a really interesting thread, would bring a whole different set of people into it I think too. 

The lovely thing about this particular thread is it's very inclusive, all types of avatars are here, and most are raw shots. 

(Below, three are mine all logged in at the same time which I wouldn't be able to do now, one is a cute friend who I haven't seen in a long while but who I miss very much. Nearly killed my computer, but just to keep this thread on topic and to show a little bit of diversity.)

temp laugh.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
Only just noticed, blue girl wearing odd shoes!
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Perché ci credete? Hai già avuto qualche tipo di problema con l'altra persona che ha fatto il commento sull'inizio di una nuova discussione?

Credo che l'Amore sia sh1t agitazione. Non abbiamo bisogno di questo tipo di problema su questo thread.

Sì, penso proprio che sarebbe interessante vedere il prima e il dopo. Sarebbe un thread davvero interessante, porterebbe anche un gruppo completamente diverso di persone, credo.

La cosa bella di questo particolare thread è che è molto inclusivo, tutti i tipi di avatar sono qui, e la maggior parte sono scatti grezzi.

(Sotto, tre sono miei tutti connessi contemporaneamente, uno è un amico carino che non vedo da molto tempo ma che mi manca molto. Ho quasi ucciso il mio computer, ma solo per mantenere questo thread in tema e per mostrare un po 'di diversità.)

Temp Laugh.jpg

scatti del genere non si possono tornare indietro, sai quanti scatti faccio prima di ottenerne uno decente e poi so come posizionare la fotocamera e quali angolazioni prendere e credimi non è facile ma devi avere passione nel farlo

12 minutes ago, pron1234 said:

you can't go back for shots like that, you know how many shots I take before I get a decent one and then I know how to position the camera and what angles to take and believe me it's not easy but you have to have passion in doing it

I meant the before processing picture and the post processing picture should be included if we were to have a thread dedicated to manipulated photos.   By manipulated, I mean those using AI of any kind and not just touched up a little in Photoshop.  A lot of people do some light/moderate editing but AI takes it to an entirely different level.  A manipulated photo, IMHO, is not exactly "How your avatar looks today" which is the title.of the thread.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, pron1234 said:

scatti del genere non si possono tornare indietro, sai quanti scatti faccio prima di ottenerne uno decente e poi so come posizionare la fotocamera e quali angolazioni prendere e credimi non è facile ma devi avere passione nel farlo

Yes.

I understand.

A lot of work, but with passion too. 

Edited by Marigold Devin

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I meant the before processing picture and the post processing picture should be included if we were to have a thread dedicated to manipulated photos.   By manipulated, I mean those using AI of any kind and not just touched up a little in Photoshop.  A lot of people do some light/moderate editing but AI takes it to an entirely different level.  A manipulated photo, IMHO, is not exactly "How your avatar looks today" which is the title.of the thread.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then a new thread would be very good.

Very appropriate.

• Like 3

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

OK. Let's just stop right now and focus on just taking and sharing photos right here. Let's not prolong this - it won't end well. They have misunderstood and now hate us all. Let's just accept it, move on, and make photos. 

Yes, let's.  I do think it's a great idea if someone starts another thread here or in the Creation section with manipulated/AI photos.

• Like 3