Elisaisabel Munro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First you may want to look at the variety of skins available for mesh heads. A skin and shape combine to create any look, and moreso (imo) with ethnic looks. Once you've found a suitably "Japanese" skin, you can start a hunt for heads. Bento is a good thought - editing your normal shape will affect a Bento mesh head, so you can adjust the shape of the face to work better with the skin. Usually (though not always; it depends on the creators), you can use a demo skin with a demo head to test out the look and see if you can achieve the desired affect. Bento will also give you more individuality, even with others wearing the same head. 

I believe Pink Fuel has an Asian-inspired skin, and all of her skins include a "monolid" option for more Asian-appearing eyes. Also check out Deetalez for great skins with appliers for mesh heads, and Catwa and LeLutka currently seem to lead the market in bento mesh heads, so you'll find plenty available. 

6 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

First you may want to look at the variety of skins available for mesh heads. A skin and shape combine to create any look, and moreso (imo) with ethnic looks. Once you've found a suitably "Japanese" skin, you can start a hunt for heads. Bento is a good thought - editing your normal shape will affect a Bento mesh head, so you can adjust the shape of the face to work better with the skin. Usually (though not always; it depends on the creators), you can use a demo skin with a demo head to test out the look and see if you can achieve the desired affect. Bento will also give you more individuality, even with others wearing the same head. 

I believe Pink Fuel has an Asian-inspired skin, and all of her skins include a "monolid" option for more Asian-appearing eyes. Also check out Deetalez for great skins with appliers for mesh heads, and Catwa and LeLutka currently seem to lead the market in bento mesh heads, so you'll find plenty available. 

i will check out LeLutka.. i already did with catwa, but they are so overpriced and look like they all mostly have duck face.

I know it is better to buy known brands; the best sellers will have the most skin appliers and clothes, etc.. but i really don't mind exploring the not so known brands...

IMO if you want Asian, check out FIORE. She has her own line of mesh heads, skins, hair and she also owns a clothing boutique. I know some 3rd party creators support her mesh heads but you won't find it in mass like you would with Lelutka and Catwa. What I really like about her head is that they do look distinctive.

Unfortunately she is still in the process of creating a Bento model so you won't be able to customize the shape however she does offer variants (all available to demo) which do make them look more unique.

24919260204_af3a4db63f_z.jpg

23739202404_3050a6dbed_z.jpg

• Like 3

I've found a couple of the Catwa heads to lend themselves well to an Asian appearance once you find the right appliers.  

Genesis Lab also makes interesting heads, and have several makeups which will work too.  

Bento heads lend themselves to being able to change facial features more effectively. 

I love the look of Fiore's heads also but agree wait for the Bento updates.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chase01 said:

IMO if you want Asian, check out FIORE. She has her own line of mesh heads, skins, hair and she also owns a clothing boutique. I know some 3rd party creators support her mesh heads but you won't find it in mass like you would with Lelutka and Catwa. What I really like about her head is that they do look distinctive.

Unfortunately she is still in the process of creating a Bento model so you won't be able to customize the shape however she does offer variants (all available to demo) which do make them look more unique.

24919260204_af3a4db63f_z.jpg

23739202404_3050a6dbed_z.jpg

wow! they are really beautiful!

I'll go check it out!

Lelutka had only 3 mesh heads (or the big store confused me) and non asian.  

3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I've found a couple of the Catwa heads to lend themselves well to an Asian appearance once you find the right appliers.  

Genesis Lab also makes interesting heads, and have several makeups which will work too.  

Bento heads lend themselves to being able to change facial features more effectively. 

I love the look of Fiore's heads also but agree wait for the Bento updates.

Thank you for you reply,

i still don't know what an applier do to a mesh head..  I really don't like catwa.. they look   duckish and are too expensive.. (from what i saw, almost all best seller brands have big and sticking out lips, like all the mesh body brands have breasts with no natural look.. that is why i'll keep waiting)

Edited by Elisaisabel Munro

2 minutes ago, Annika Velde said:

Genesis labs makes a couple cute asian mesh heads! Try them out too :3

i saw one, it was great, but since i saw almost a couple on the market i wanted to explore and have more options to choose.. but it seems that there isn't a detail list with all the mesh merchants..

Just now, Elisaisabel Munro said:

i saw one, it was great, but since i saw almost a couple on the market i wanted to explore and have more options to choose.. but it seems that there isn't a detail list with all the mesh merchants..

Why not try bento heads? I've made a couple oriental shapes using the Catwa Catya bento head. Its expensive but then you can change up your look at will with just a different shape and skin rather than buying an all new mesh head every time.

Do you want a more realistic looking head or are you more interested in a more animated look?

Just now, Annika Velde said:

Why not try bento heads? I've made a couple oriental shapes using the Catwa Catya bento head. Its expensive but then you can change up your look at will with just a different shape and skin rather than buying an all new mesh head every time.

Do you want a more realistic looking head or are you more interested in a more animated look?

Yes.. i have the SaeBom mesh and has no animation.. and it would be great to have some.. and she doesn't really look asian hehehe so i was out on the market again...

witch is fun!!! xD

2 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

Yes.. i have the SaeBom mesh and has no animation.. and it would be great to have some.. and she doesn't really look asian hehehe so i was out on the market again...

witch is fun!!! xD

Yeah it can get kinda overwhelming as there are a TON of mesh heads to choose from really. Plus if you get into the whole bento thing, its like relearning how to make a face shape which in itself can be frustrating. If you need any help in world let me know. Generally I'm on around 3PM SL time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Annika Velde said:

Yeah it can get kinda overwhelming as there are a TON of mesh heads to choose from really. Plus if you get into the whole bento thing, its like relearning how to make a face shape which in itself can be frustrating. If you need any help in world let me know. Generally I'm on around 3PM SL time.

Thank you for your help!

18 hours ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

i still don't know what an applier do to a mesh head.. 

It's actually not that much different from the old  the old concept of a shape and a skin. A shape, here: the Bento mesh head (plus the system shape beneath it, but let's just ignore that bit for now), provides the basic outline of your facial structure. The applier puts on the skin. You just don't wear the system skin from your inventory, but hit a button on a HUD. 

Now, to add to your confusion ... AKERUKA also has Bento mesh heads for about 3000 L, the latest release seems to be Asian inspired.

On the preview for the Tres Chic shopping event, I noticed a skin applier by Le Forme for that head, which might appeal to you:

TC041717LEFORME.jpg

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 1

On 28/4/2017 at 7:32 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It's actually not that much different from the old  the old concept of a shape and a skin. A shape, here: the Bento mesh head (plus the system shape beneath it, but let's just ignore that bit for now), provides the basic outline of your facial structure. The applier puts on the skin. You just don't wear the system skin from your inventory, but hit a button on a HUD. 

Now, to add to your confusion ... AKERUKA also has Bento mesh heads for about 3000 L, the latest release seems to be Asian inspired.

On the preview for the Tres Chic shopping event, I noticed a skin applier by Le Forme for that head, which might appeal to you:

TC041717LEFORME.jpg

Thank you for your explanation!

i'll check that out too.

It is amazing that all i see is caucasian naked women al around me.. when clothes rezzes, half of them wear something...well, not discrete... it is really curious..

• 3 years later...
On 7/6/2020 at 5:05 PM, BeautifulXu said:

this thread is worth bumping  up!

😄

After all this time, I must report that when i saw the Alura heads from Fiore, I was immediatelly in love. 

When I came back full time again to SL this year, I wanted to go to Fiore once more to look for a mesh head for my african avie.  Then I knew Fiore decided to stop the mesh heads production and be active on clothes.  It is sad, because those were the most original heads I saw on the market. 

Is not my idea to spend money in a head that you can only modify some sliders up.. unless it is super cheap or free.  20 dollars for something that looks like the next is not ideal.  But seeing Fiore heads (not common then and of course now) walking around is nice because they are beautiful heads to look at.  They can be of any ethnicity.  Hence, my preference for my african build.  I walked around and cam around at the store full of clothes and I saw a little room with all the hairs and some skins... and up there, there were the head and the skin. I was super happy! Because some appliers were only demoed on demo head (for some reason), so I took one copy.

But I didn't buy a head because they have no support, no creators doing stuff anymore (I bought an applier in Boataom, beautiful and cheap.   It realy made a different look) and at least with the version I have, It has a lot of technical issues that 1kL makes it no worth it...  Iwish they make a comeback...

SL17B Shop & hop - Haru

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.