Filtering Unread Content

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even better. When using my custom 'unread content', I can set it as the default, so I can use the normal links at the top and bottom of every page, and it doesn't need an extra click at all. I'm well pleased. You are both my heriones :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

OK. I got this to work and then the custom content buttons disappeared and the "mine" default screen bar is gone. It took me awhile to find the ACTIVITY tab but I think it was under Settings and now both SETTINGS and CONTENT are grayed out (can't clickon them). 

NOT sure what I did to get here. Hints?

grayed out.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

You can?? *wanders off to mash some more buttons*

Found it!

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d51bdaed0a5a8bcbfb465d25e234d034.jpg

I don't have a Home > activity > mine. Maybe it is because I am using mobile Safari? I have my default stream bookmarked in Safari so I can get back there, tho. 

Yes, I called mine My Unread Content.

I hadn't realised that Content and Settings were headings, but I did know that they aren't clickable. Without giving it any thought, I'd stupidly assumed that I am in those things already. 'Headings' is not only right, but it's also very right :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

Incidentally, when in the form where you set up a personal Unread Content, there is no way modiy or delete the current one you set up. The way to do it is create the new one, which doesn't replace the previous one, then click on the previous one you set up, so that you get your latest set of content from that one, then delete it using one of the 3 buttons (the dustbin) that can be seen in Clover's pic. Then you can click the latest version to get its content, and click the button to rename it (one of those 3 buttons), if you like. Or delete the previous one, using the dustbin button, and start again.

Alternatively, a user can have several Unread Content settings and pick between them as needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Phil Deakins - Actually you can modify one.  At the top of the list of posts, just click any of the drop-down arrows that are defining some criteria, modify it and you'll then get 'Save' options:

screenshot.thumb.png.c0052367e2d0181126a9eb4daad739a4.png

screenshot2.thumb.png.3743030a0eaaa35fa3625c4ef2a91f24.png

So you can, Lil. I hadn't noticed that. We're learning some good stuff together (all of us - not just you and me :) ) as we go along.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 4

LOL. Well I called my something other than "Mine". Like My List or whatever. What I meant was that I DID have it showing with the colored dots  -- ONCE. Now it is gone and I know not why and I can't seem to get to the Activity Tab again. 

I DO like the new forums but it is kinda like learning SL all over again :D.  

EDIT:  OK. I found it. My window (on a VERY BIG MONITOR) doesn't show Activity :D 

It shows "More" LOL. Hence the issue. Also the whole look (and choices change) depending on the width of your window. '

I understand the REASON for this but hadn't seen it happen before. Hence much confusion. 

I'll get it eventually. Back to work; my LONG Blender bake is done (she says hopefully).

Edited by Chic Aeon

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Phil Deakins - Actually you can modify one.  At the top of the list of posts, just click any of the drop-down arrows that are defining some criteria, modify it and you'll then get 'Save' options:

screenshot.thumb.png.c0052367e2d0181126a9eb4daad739a4.png

screenshot2.thumb.png.3743030a0eaaa35fa3625c4ef2a91f24.png

An addition to this:-

When changing the Content Type > Topics, there's an Apply Changes button (if you do it, you'll se it :) ) Pressing that doesn't save the changes you made. It applies it to the current Unread list, but the next time you click to get your Unread list, it's back to how it was before. So...

When you finish making the changes, and come out of the drop-down, you need to click the Save Changes button. It looks very prominent in Lil's pic, but it isn't that prominent in the whole screen. I didn't notice it when I'd made a change. I thought that the Apply button was all there was to it, and I wasn't looking for a way of saving, so I thought I'd mention it here.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

The first time I change the Content Type, I didn't even notice the 'Apply Changes' and couldn't figure out why it didn't change.  There are definitely many things about this 'custom' setup that are not very intuitive or obvious.  Such fun, learning a forum all over again.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.