The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

Gorgeous photographs of your home Val. You have exquisite style and taste. I think you should open a business in Second Life as a home decor consultant!
:)

Thank you Nyll! That's an idea I have already had. I would definately love to open such a business if I could spend more time inworld (and if I only knew where and how to begin! :D) Hope to see you on Sunday BTW! The location is on my feed. Hugs you. :smileyhappy:

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Val, stop it! I have house envy. And seemingly-infinite-prim envy. And decorating-budget envy. And just... envy.

Growl!
:D

Lol Ko, you would hate to see my house then..or houses..*coughs*  I endlessly decorate over and over..yeah my SL is exciting  ...  :smileyvery-happy:

Hmm..maybe I should see if Val wants to start a decorating business..lol.

Saraya Starr wrote:

Lol Ko, you would hate to see my house then..or houses..*coughs*  I endlessly decorate over and over..yeah my SL is exciting  ...  :smileyvery-happy:

Definitely! Or at least have an open-house day to let people run around thiefing all of your ideas. ;)

Is there such a thing as a home-decorating blog for SL? You see fashion ones all over the place, but someone should honestly give clueless people like myself some tips on where to shop.

Actually I just bought a new house recently for the sole purpose of NOT decorating? It's so beautiful empty that I can get away with a minimum of bonzai trees and parchment-caligraphy wall-hangings and still have 80% of my prims left for building in my sky-sandbox. (See also: 80% more money to shop for clothes :) )

teahouse.jpg 

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Saraya Starr wrote:

Taking a break from setting up my house..also trying out this new hair from LeLutka.. 

Snapshot_004.png

<3 this! Lelutka is still one of my favourite places for hair that actually looks touchable, Sara-- and you make it look so natural. Gorgeous colour as well.

Thanks Ko :)  I love it,  it looks so real and I love how it moves as I walk :) 

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Saraya Starr wrote:

Definitely! Or at least have an open-house day to let people run around thiefing all of your ideas.
;)

Is there such a thing as a home-decorating blog for SL? You see fashion ones all over the place, but someone should honestly give clueless people like myself some tips on where to shop.

Actually I just bought a new house recently for the sole purpose of NOT decorating? It's so beautiful empty that I can get away with a minimum of bonzai trees and parchment-caligraphy wall-hangings and still have 80% of my prims left for building in my sky-sandbox. (See also: 80% more money to shop for clothes
)

teahouse.jpg

I'm up for a decorating business, would give me something to do in SL besides spend lindens foolishly..lol.

Anyone can come see my homestead, it is in my picks on my profile :)

/me peers behind Ko and looks at her house.  Can I ask where you got that? It is so hard to find a decent Asian look, or perhaps I am extremely picky :)

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Definitely! Or at least have an open-house day to let people run around thiefing all of your ideas.
;)

I know of one blog: SL House and Decorating Addict

Saraya Starr wrote:

teahouse.jpg

I'm up for a decorating business, would give me something to do in SL besides spend lindens foolishly..lol.

Anyone can come see my homestead, it is in my picks on my profile

/me peers behind Ko and looks at her house.  Can I ask where you got that? It is so hard to find a decent Asian look, or perhaps I am extremely picky

The house is by Noni Troncon - she has a small, beautiful Asian shop called Nonino. When you land at the TP spot, the house I have will be on your left, behind you a bit. :}

I'd love to see your place though-- I'm too polite to just show up via your picks lol, but I'll drop you an IM inworld. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.