The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kelli May wrote:

It comes with a full set of animations, including guard, kicks, high, low and roundhouse blows and drawing from back & hip. It's C: SI (Combat: Samurai Island) compatible.

A good start might be a trip to the C: SI store 
where you can buy Musashi blades or other brands of Japanese weapon (the Archatek Naginata is interesting if you want to try something a little different).

eta: I just remembered that "Sadistic Hacker" have a freebie pack of katana poses at their store; good for action photography.

Kzah, thank you so much-- I'm at Combat: SI right now and it looks like they have some nice blades-- as well as AOs. Do the Musashi swords fit female avis pretty well? and/or can be resized? That's always been one of my biggest peeves with blades in SL.

Thank you also for the Sadistic Hacker tip (lol, mmk that sounded odd) -- I'm headed over there right now. :)

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Kzah, thank you so much-- I'm at Combat: SI right now and it looks like they have some nice blades-- as well as AOs. Do the Musashi swords fit female avis pretty well? and/or can be resized? That's always been one of my biggest peeves with blades in SL.

Thank you also for the Sadistic Hacker tip (lol, mmk that sounded odd) -- I'm headed over there right now.
:)

My Musashi blade is a rather oversized for my 5' 9" avatar, something like 130% scale. It probably looks perfect for the typical 7' plus SL av. It's also no-mod. I've not tried any others apart from the naginata I mentioned, which is probably a bit over scale but isn't so noticeable.

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Ohmahgah-- Neal!
:D
Aren't you cold in that snow?!

*hands you a really long fixin' list and bats her lashes*

haha, nah, not bad, and with that list,  be plenty warm by keeping moving.    Got anything cooking?  Be back with this list done in a flash.

Kelli May wrote:

NealCrz wrote:

Neal cutting some old growth at the sym's chateau for the winter and for those that need wood in the NorthEast after the storm.  

Any ladies need anything fixed?  

i can't see anything that needs fixing, but I'm sure I could find something to break.

made me laugh in rl.

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

It's like I'm always dressed for a fight these days. I even bring my own dramatic lighting.

tech_ninja_sml.png

Ooo, I love this! I'm sort of conflicted on whether I would or wouldn't want to meet you on a dark night, Kelli.
:D

Does that katana come with any good animations in it? I've been out of the loop on SL weaponry for ages, but I'd like to make a combat film sometime maybe now that I'm on a better connection. Maybe you or Caitlin have some suggestions?

Really nice photo :)

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

It comes with a full set of animations, including guard, kicks, high, low and roundhouse blows and drawing from back & hip. It's C: SI (Combat: Samurai Island) compatible.

A good start might be a trip to the C: SI store 
where you can buy Musashi blades or other brands of Japanese weapon (the Archatek Naginata is interesting if you want to try something a little different).

eta: I just remembered that "Sadistic Hacker" have a freebie pack of katana poses at their store; good for action photography.

Thank you also for the Sadistic Hacker tip (lol, mmk that sounded odd) -- I'm headed over there right now.

You cannot resize or modify any of the C:si swords. The Ronin Katana Kelli was wearing on the picture is quite big, for a female perhaps, but it never bothered me (as a fighter I was not interested in its looks, but only in the combat :)). If you go for looks, than an Archatek (any of them) is smaller, specially the blood drinkers (although they are 'specials' and not really used or popular in serious fights). I never wear the sheath on my avatar, but as a HUD on my screen, to minimize prims and lag, as do most fighters, I guess thats why the size /looks doesnt really matter in this case :).

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

You cannot resize or modify any of the C:si swords. The Ronin Katana Kelli was wearing on the picture is quite big, for a female perhaps, but it never bothered me (as a fighter I was not interested in its looks, but only in the combat
). If you go for looks, than an Archatek (any of them) is smaller, specially the blood drinkers (although they are 'specials' and not really used or popular in serious fights). I never wear the sheath on my avatar, but as a HUD on my screen, to minimize prims and lag, as do most fighters, I guess thats why the size /looks doesnt really matter in this case

Thanks for this, Caitlin. I'm primarily interested in aesthetics for use in film & photography-- well, that and I'm completely non-competetive; prone to politely accomodating people's desires to off me. :} I'll check out the Archatek swords though, and maybe cam-stalk some peeps at combat sims to see what the cool kids are using to kill each other these days.

Thank you! ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.