Can this top be made in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a RL top very much like the one in this picture. Actually, mine is orange, but it looks similar.

top for Tina.jpg

The key thing is the transparancy between the parts of the lace

Can this can be made in SL? If so, how? Does it require mesh, or can it be done with mesh. If there is one for sale, I would be interested, but I would like to make one (or several similar ones) myself if I knew how.

Tina

image from belk.com, Rafaella Lace Fashion Knit Top

A mesh top that is partially see-through is kind of problematic because you can't wear an alpha layer under the see-through part, so it will be difficult to get it to fit right.  This would work best with system layer clothing.  Actually it would perhaps be better in two parts; a system layer top for the lacy part and a mesh shirt over the top. Not quite the same as the RL version which has the lace on top, but probably close enough.

That said, here's one that does it in mesh: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Swanky-Pink-laced-top-mesh/4124496

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Gotcha.. If i could make more than a cube in Blender...

It all starts with a cube! :)  After 2 days of impersonating a deer in the headlights, it will get easier.

My dress is specifically for my shape so yes, not too much of a problem and no alpha needed.

Marybeth Cooperstone wrote:

Sassy,  

That looks very nice. One of the disadvantages of system is that a dress has to be made of a separate top and skirt, not one single piece.

Can you wear a slip underneath it?

Very much yes, system clothing still has a very important place as far as i'm concerned, particularly for lingerie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.