How many Items do you have in your inventory?

geko12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 yrs and a couple months, over 43k items. Granted it's about 70/30% split, Sim/object building items to avatar clothing/modifying items x3

And that's with me cleaning out the junk. 

:://Just hit the first reply button I saw >.< 

42.5k now, was at 60+k at one time and been here almost 8 years. I'm sure I could get it down to 25k but its time-consuming to go thru my inventory cuz I do piccies for almost everything, and box up as much as I can so becomes VERY boring after a bit. I continually junk up my inventory and at some point come back and clean up but never seem to get ahead lol. I have done an inventory management class which I highly recommend.

Took me a few days to remember to do this, but I have the answer

6,298 items...and if I went through and deleted duplicates and things I never use anymore, I'm sure I'd knock off a good couple hundred items.

Oh...and it will be 5 years inworld in November

I have 39805 items in the inventory. Been in SL since 22 March 2007.

My guess is that three fourths of those items are totally unnecessary.
But it's such a pain and very boring to start sorting it out and deleting the unneeded stuff.  :smileyfrustrated: :matte-motes-yawn:

Adding for reference, the Library currently contains about 2500 items.

You can set "noinventorylibrary" to "true" in debug settings to "hide it."  The default is "false"

(In some TPV's such as Firestorm this setting will not stick because the bridge is created from a library object)

One thing that effects many of us who've been around longer is that we didn't have an "add" function when we started.  In many cases we had to have all three layers for the same item (undershirt, shirt, jacket for example) in order to be able to customise outfits.  So we probably have a lot of extras that we would have ditched way back when. 

57,935 items in over 4 years. It was a bit more than that, but I am slowly working on cleaning up my inventory. Some people do get affected by large inventories. Plenty of my friends say when they use alt accounts, they have an easier time in SL than when they have their main account with a large inventory. And plus I think the larger your inventory is, the more likely you will lose stuff and not even know about it.

Oh Heavens, I have 97,202. items. Should i be worried that they might get deleated ? I have hurd rummers that if you have to many, the lindons deleated some of them. I find this hard to belive sence i have been playing almost every day for over 11 years.  And I have never had any problems.  But ............. I thought i might ask just in case?

I have been playing Sl for over 11 years now. I beta tested SL before it came out to the public.

• 1 month later...

As you've dug up a slightly older forum topic, which is always an interesting one, I've managed to dig up an old user group transcript (from 2012)

Start reading from 15:33, where I asked the question:

[15:33] Marigold Devin: Just for the "fun" of it, do LL have an ideal limit on number of items a person should have max in their inventory?

[15:33] Oskar Linden: an ideal limit? less than 12

Marigold Devin wrote:

As you've dug up a slightly older forum topic, which is always an interesting one, I've managed to dig up an old user group transcript (from 2012)

[15:33] Marigold Devin: Just for the "fun" of it, do LL have an ideal limit on number of items a person should have max in their inventory?

Oskar's thrown down the gauntlet, Mari. I'd pick it up, but I already have a dozen.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Oskar's thrown down the gauntlet, Mari. I'd pick it up, but I already have a dozen.

That'll teach ya not to buy copy/no transfer !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.