WTF marketplace?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just to add my experience.

I raised a trouble ticket when MP failed to open over 5 attempts.  The response was to tell me to use IE or Firefox instead.

I did and guess what?  It was just the same!

So I raised a Bug report BUG-5176.  No acknowledgement yet....ah well.

Oh, it's widespread and they DO know about it...now, as to fixing it.......

Gadget Portal wrote:

I have to admit, I full expected my JIRA to get closed and for them to tell me to use a different ISP, or say my underwear was to blame, or something.

Well, on Wednesday they closed my Bug #5135 filed last Friday on the poor marketplace performance.  Basically just told me they fixed it.  They wouldn't lie .... would they?  ;p

"CommerceTeam Linden added a comment - 18/Feb/14 9:12 AM

Thank you for your report there was a temporary issue with marketplace that was corrected. If you still experiencing slow searches please open a new ticket."

EDITED to add copy/paste from LL email.

An Update

My JIRA BUG-5176 got an answer from Alexa Linden today telling me that it was "apparently" now fixed.  I tested it in and out of SL and sure enough, if I waited 30 seconds the page opened. 

But 30 seconds to get a server response??

So I told Alexa that it might have been improved but it most certainly wasn't fixed!

Dana Dielli wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

I have to admit, I full expected my JIRA to get closed and for them to tell me to use a different ISP, or say my underwear was to blame, or something.

Well, on Wednesday they closed my Bug #5135 filed last Friday on the poor marketplace performance.  Basically just told me they fixed it.  They wouldn't lie .... would they?  ;p

added a comment -
18/Feb/14 9:12 AM

Thank you for your report there was a temporary issue with marketplace that was corrected. If you still experiencing slow searches please open a new ticket."

Yeah, told me the sasme thing.

Dana Dielli wrote:

added a comment -
18/Feb/14 9:12 AM

I wonder why they say that the "temporary" issue was corrected?

I see no difference at all. The slowness is still going on. And I'm sure I'm not dreaming. Besides this slowness issue hasn't been even temporary, it has continued much longer than what I would call temporary.

Well

Another brief round of "Unscheduled Maintenance" and...no change.  This is beginning to look as though the problem is one the Lindens are not willing to properly fix, so my guess is the slow and haphazard server response on Marketplace is a hardware issue and one that they simply will not spend money to fix.

Ayesha Askham wrote:

Well

Another brief round of "Unscheduled Maintenance" and...no change.  This is beginning to look as though the problem is one the Lindens are not willing to properly fix, so my guess is the slow and haphazard server response on Marketplace is a hardware issue and one that they simply will not spend money to fix.

The Lab, using inferior hardware? That's madness! Preposterous! Unthinkable! This is Linden Lab! A single month's tier on a single sim can buy a whole server! They'd never squander all that money on other things!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.