Random Thought Repository

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the dark, beet juice could pass for blood. But I'm having a hard time envisioning little beets with puncture wounds wandering the evening mists in search of prey. No legs and no teeth.

If you are happy with a single generation of immortal vegan vamps, living on beets, it'll work.

If I had to live on beets, immortality would be an even bigger curse than for the carnal vampires.

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

Random thought:

Can a vegan be a vampire?

Nope.

Blood is an animal product. Vegans don't do any animal products, or by-products, or rather, most don't. Though some would argue that vegans avoid anything produced by exploitation of animals, aka, anything not given willingly. Then again, many argue what a true vegan is in the first place.

Semantics, imo.

Flesh is flesh, blood is blood, it all comes from animals and consumption of it, is consumption of an animal product, period.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

Is human blood an animal product?

Since humans are animals (of the Kingdom: Animalia; Phylum: Chordata; Class: Mammalia; Order: Primates; Family: Hominidae; Tribe: Hominini; Genus: Homo; Species: H. sapiens), I'm going with... Yes.

ok...you're making it really hard to be an ethical blood sucker.

Yes, a vegan can be a vampire, but only by deciding not to be a vegan anymore.

A vampire can not be a vegan (not for any extended period of time, anyway) unless the vampire can find a blood source that does not have a face. Both beets and turnips have been suggested (why is always the root veggies that take the heat?) but I remain very skeptical that either could be a usable source.

You must look within your cold, quiet, remorseless vampire heart and decide your future. I imagine a tragic one, in which you decide to be a vegan and live, only to have a steak driven through your heart at a crossroads at midnight. Under a full Moon.

Good luck.

ETA the Moon—I forgot that part

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Yes, a vegan can be a vampire, but only by deciding not to be a vegan anymore.

A vampire can
not
be a vegan (not for any extended period of time, anyway) unless the vampire can find a blood source that does not have a face. Both beets and turnips have been suggested (why is always the root veggies that take the heat?) but I remain very skeptical that either could be a usable source.

You must look within your cold, quiet, remorseless vampire heart and decide your future. I imagine a tragic one, in which you decide to be a vegan and live, only to have a steak driven through your heart at a crossroads at midnight. Under a full Moon.

Good luck.

ETA the Moon—I forgot that part

Steak? Stake?

One of these is vegan, one isn't.

I don't much like puns, mostly because I seem to have acquired friends in both RL and SL who can supply them at speeds I can't match, so if a punfest breaks out I am left with nothing to do but groan. Or cry.

Here, I got a chance to craft a whole paragraph around one (albeit a rather obvious one, given the subject). I thought that for once I, Dillon, had achieved a pun extraordinaire.

But no. You had to just flat out call me on it, as though I'd made a typo. I know that in time I'll get over this but it won't be easy.

Can I have a tissue?

ETA: Besides, it could still work. Coulda been a frozen steak. I bet a frozen New York Strip would do the job. Imagine the irony.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I don't much like puns, mostly because I seem to have acquired friends in both RL and SL who can supply them at speeds I can't match, so if a punfest breaks out I am left with nothing to do but groan. Or cry.

Here, I got a chance to craft a whole paragraph around one (albeit a rather obvious one, given the subject). I thought that for once I, Dillon, had achieved a pun extraordinaire.

But no. You had to just flat out call me on it, as though I'd made a typo. I know that in time I'll get over this but it won't be easy.

Can I have a tissue?

ETA: Besides, it could still work. Coulda been a frozen steak. I bet a frozen New York Strip would do the job. Imagine the irony.

...hands you a tissue. Avoid the damp corner where I wiped my eye after your frozen steak irony.

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

If I had to live on beets, immortality would be an even bigger curse than for the carnal vampires.

....how about wine? Immortality might be tolerable with a nice Bordeaux......sounds vegan to me 
:)

Tex Monday wrote:

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

....how about wine? Immortality might be tolerable with a nice Bordeaux......sounds vegan to me 
:)

I never drink wine either. Well, almost never. I did drink half a bottle over dinner 22 years ago and woke up engaged. Exactly the same thing happened to my ex-hubby that night!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.