Full sim sized sky platforms

jabeds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

jabeds wrote:

With allot of people interested in combat in sl and allot of big builders build military equipment, should Linden Labs create a big continent for all these people to go?

They actually did that once before, way back when SL went live. Notice how the Badlands don't really exist anymore except for the sim Jesse?

jabeds wrote:

With allot of people interested in combat in sl and allot of big builders build military equipment, should Linden Labs create a big continent for all these people to go?

Oh ha!  LL did that already.  Besides Jesse the known combat sim, most of the LL sandboxes *were unofficial combat sims!  Wheee!  (I only heard that as *cough* rumor though. ; )

*I recommend locating a Time Machine, and traveling back to SL circa 2005 -2007.  You'll have a blast! 

jabeds wrote:

Wouldn't that eliminate the element of surprise? Nobody suspects a sleepy little lighthouse in an old Forgotten City to harber one of SL's most nefarious warrioresses. As for military equipment, if I can't fit it in my purse, I'm not taking it into battle.

;-)

I'm sure LL will be THRILLED to do this.  Just contact all the combat enthusiasts, since you say there are so many, as well as the creators of the equipment and have them all pay a monthly fee to you.  You can then buy a couple dozen or so connected sims and fight to your hearts content with tanks and such.  Easy as pie.

There is a lot of free things in SL but Land is not, and never will be, one of them.  Why should combat big equipment roleplay get special treatment over any other type of roleplay?   I'm betting there are more people interested in other types of roleplay than there are in big equipment combat roleplay. 

The Gor comunity is huge (or used to be). Even though, LL never made a space for them. There are dozens of sims rented by Goreans to play their roleplay, all paid by the the RPers.

If LL would reserve part for free combats, I can imagine people of IIWW attacking medieval armys, and than tribes of infians killing Luke Skywalk, and so. A good RP need rules, that means that it cannot open to all, just for those who accept tat particular rules - this can only be reached in private sims.

Well, I think so :) At least something similar, especially when you post threads like this http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Wanted/empty-sim/m-p/1915125  and then a few months later within days post something like this http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Wanted/Need-land-for-vice-combat/m-p/2048675

Not posting to be rude, but what is wrong with understanding how much land costs and real people pay with real money? These topics come up for "I need a home and will pay you when I get some money" a lot too.

Malanya wrote:

Well, I think so
:)
At least something similar, especially when you post threads like this

and then a few months later within days post something
like this

Not posting to be rude, but what is wrong with understanding how much land costs and real people pay with real money? These topics come up for "I need a home and will pay you when I get some money" a lot too.

you mean it's not common for people to have infinite money and empty plots of land? I don't understand.

Sometimes, but rarely, people do so they get some help on tiers if they are having financial difficulties but still can peacefully enjoy most of the sim they pay for .  Most restrict what they can be used for to a single residence, a building platform or a low traffic shop.  Doubt anyone is going to be interested in renting to a lag fest that a heavy equipment combat roleplay would produce though, to say nothing of the griefing it would attract.  Something like that may only need a couple thousand prims but would use a lot of the sims script resources.  As a sim owner, I wouldn't consider it.

Every other type of popular roleplay community seems to be able to buy and set up their own sims.  I would think if the kind of roleplay you originally posted about were that popular the same thing would happen.  I suspect you are overestimating the number of people that  would be interested in it, or it isn't something that the players are willing to support by contributing consistency towards a sim for it. . 

Malanya wrote:

Depends on who you ask.. I think. I am not too clear on it myself, also room for me to understand why
I
have to be the one to pay my bills too. I am open for suggestions
;)

I'm also open for suggestions. I don't get why I have to pay my rent and buy my own food each week...shouldn't people pay that for me? and also give me a whole free sim in SL to do with as I wish? I'm confused...

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Depends on who you ask.. I think. I am not too clear on it myself, also room for me to understand why
I
have to be the one to pay my bills too. I am open for suggestions
;)

I'm also open for suggestions. I don't get why I have to pay my rent and buy my own food each week...shouldn't people pay that for me? and also give me a whole free sim in SL to do with as I wish? I'm confused...

OK, I am going to take a shot here... maybe it's called integrity :P  that's my best suggestion I can come up with.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Interesting. I wonder if this will become a whole new Forum trend. Start a thread, read a few answers (without, of course, replying to any of them) and then retitle the OP to something completely different from the original topic, and start all over!

We could have lots of fun!

I like how you think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.