Male or female?

Kezio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syo Emerald wrote:

Oh, let me guess you are a student and you have to finish some work for school?

You beat me to it....So the next question will be how much hours per week/day we spend in SL.

Or if we spend real money and how much,  where we live, if we consider our avatar a real identity.....and so on.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

You beat me to it....So the next question will be how much hours per week/day we spend in SL.

Or if we spend real money and how much,  where we live, if we consider our avatar a real identity.....and so on.

I find your reply rude and unnecessary to my question of male or female. You deliberately answered in such a way as to cause grief or anger to the OP, myself. I asked a simple question, so if you cannot answer in a nice polite manner then please dont answer at all.

Kezio wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

I find your reply rude and unnecessary to my question of male or female. You deliberately answered in such a way as to cause grief or anger to the OP, myself. I asked a simple question, so if you cannot answer in a nice polite manner then please dont answer at all.

Really? I mean: really? I cause grief and anger? LOL. You better step away from the computer and have a nice long walk in the fresh air. Seriously.

Also, once you post something in a public forum, people can and will reply, and not all will be rainbows and butterflies and agreeing with you.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I'm a female in a rl and sl. However I am 4 ft 9in in rl and I'm pretty sure my avi is almost seven feet.

Hi, i am also female in RL, i thought i would check out the forums the first time in a long while and i didnt expect some of the rude sarcastic responses just from asking a simple question here, some of the posters are very hostile if you are new, so thankyou for being one of the few that are nice and polite in your reply to me :matte-motes-smile:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Kezio wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Really? I mean: really? I cause grief and anger? LOL. You better step away from the computer and have a nice long walk in the fresh air. Seriously.

Also, once you post something in a public forum, people can and will reply, and not all will be rainbows and butterflies and agreeing with you.

Caitlin, the OP was a question, not a statement (other than claiming that SL is "the place to be what you like"). So I don't see anything to agree with, or not. It seems to me Kezio was annoyed by your presumptuousness.

Kezio, while I appreciate politeness, I wonder if requiring it is productive. Your question has been asked countless times in the forum, and we all wear different amounts of jade.

In answer to your question, and as a demonstration of my own personal way to annoy...

I play a female in both RL and SL.

;-)

Kezio wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

I find your reply rude and unnecessary to my question

Rude and unnecessary is what it does best.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Kezio wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Caitlin, the OP was a question, not a statement (other than claiming that SL is "the place to be what you like"). So I don't see anything to agree with, or not. It seems to me Kezio was annoyed by your presumptuousness.

Kezio, while I appreciate politeness, I wonder if requiring it is productive. Your question has been asked countless times in the forum, and we all wear different amounts of jade.

In answer to your question, and as a demonstration of my own personal way to annoy...

I play a female in both RL and SL.

;-)

I had no intention of upsetting anyone by asking the original question male or female, so if it has annoyed anyone then it wasnt meant. I havent checked out this forum for a long while and hadnt known that the question had already been answered many times. As for being annoyed at the first few responses, thankyou for explaining why in a better way, sometimes i find it hard to express exactly what i mean, but i felt like i was being made fun of for asking what i did, and i thought that was unecessary and hurtful, i dont think anyone likes being made fun of in a public place. 

Kezio wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I'm a female in a rl and sl. However I am 4 ft 9in in rl and I'm pretty sure my avi is almost seven feet.

Hi, i am also female in RL, i thought i would check out the forums the first time in a long while and i didnt expect some of the rude sarcastic responses just from asking a simple question here, some of the posters are very hostile if you are new, so thankyou for being one of the few that are nice and polite in your reply to me :matte-motes-smile:

Something I was taught a long time ago. It takes the same amout of energy to be nice as it does to be mean. So whats the point of being mean.

Kezio wrote:

I had no intention of upsetting anyone by asking the original question male or female, so if it has annoyed anyone then it wasnt meant. I havent checked out this forum for a long while and hadnt known that the question had already been answered many times. As for being annoyed at the first few responses, thankyou for explaining why in a better way, sometimes i find it hard to express exactly what i mean, but i felt like i was being made fun of for asking what i did, and i thought that was unecessary and hurtful, i dont think anyone likes being made fun of in a public place. 

Kezio, I've been online for a very long time and I've learned that anonymity is a double edged sword. For better or worse, you'll have to grow a thicker skin to participate in venues like this. Fortunately, having a thick skin does not deny the pleasure of delivering a gentle touch.

I think people sometimes confuse satire with sarcasm. While I can enjoy making fun of ideas, I don't enjoy making fun of people. I enjoy making fun with them. That said, I do enjoy mock sarcasm and hope that if you're ever the target of mine, you'll see the affection behind it. The surest way I know to put a smile on my own face is to put a smile on yours.

In answer to my own question and one of the reasons why i originally asked, here is my reply..

This avatar, Kezio is male, and I'm female in RL, the reason i have chosen to do this is because when i first joined SL many years ago, i think it was 2007, i chose a female avatar,but i had so much unwanted attention from the guys hitting on me all of the time when i just wanted to go around exploring, shopping and dancing, making friends, and having a nice time, i didnt expect constant IMs asking me for sex, telling me they could see up my skirt or down my blouse or that they were undressing me, i mustve muted so many men i dont think there were many i knew that werent muted, bar one or two, and he was a genuine male friend that didnt try and jump into bed with my avatar at the very first opportunity. But i had one another male friend i would love to go to dances with, i so looked forward to our dances and nice chats each day, and thats all i was looking for a nice friend, but one day when i was alone at my home, he IMed me, and said he wanted to come and chat with me, so i thought great, why not, when he arrived he was naked, he went upstairs and layed on my bed, and then started trying out the different poseballs.i was so shocked and disappointed that he turned out to be just the same as all the other men i had known, i was so upset by all of this that, i closed my account, and didnt go inworld for a long long time. when i decided to try SL again i created a man this time, I just wrote in my profile i was looking for friends only as i had before when i was a female (which hadnt made any difference back then), but i was now finally free of the constant IMs from guys wanting to  find the nearest sex bed, and since being a man in SL its been a much better experience for me, im mostly into building and photography, although finding friends still hasnt been at all easy. And I like to make female friends mostly but some think me odd being a guy when im really a girl, and some i dont hear from again when i tell them who i am in real life.

Kezio wrote:

This avatar, Kezio is male, and I'm female in RL...

Well there is a shocking revelation.  I have been in SL for nearly 6 years now and I have never experienced constant IM's from men and/or women wanting sex.  A few here and there but nothing so burdensome as what you report.  Perhaps you are a bit too sensitive?  It appears to me that not everyone has the emotional capacity to engage in social environments and remain confident and strong.  You seem to have a very rigid set of requirements as to how people respond to you...perhaps  your expectations are too high? 

Why does this remind me of a thread we just had...?

A there it is: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/quot-I-m-just-too-pretty-for-my-own-good-quot/td-p/2003949

Am I doing something wrong? Having two female avatars for nearly  3 years and never experianced what you described...at least not as it was pure hell and anytime I logged in.

Syo Emerald wrote:

A there it is:

Am I doing something wrong? Having two female avatars for nearly  3 years and never experianced what you described...at least not as it was pure hell and anytime I logged in.

LOL.  Something smells to coffee.  Unless you spend all of your time dressed like a corner catch in Zindra, I can't imagine that this was happening on all of the G rated sims. 

Ima Rang wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

A there it is:

LOL.  Something smells to coffee.  Unless you spend all of your time dressed like a corner catch in Zindra, I can't imagine that this was happening on all of the G rated sims. 

And even then...don't know if 2007 was a total different time, but nobody jumpes at your leg the moment you visit an adult sim with a miniskirt and highheels. Also they are not like you have to mute them to make them stop flirting (from my experiance it stays at flirting in every normal environment).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.