The Best of You

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The best day for me is when I got my land, Oct 31, 2011. I was so excited! I had been working with a builder friend and he even took the day off from work to help me put up builds we had been working on, landscaping, etc. We were so proud of ourselves at the end of the day. 

I never rented anything in that building. Nor in Plan B or C. It wasn't until several months and Plan D that things started renting faster then I could build. THAT was my second best day! 

I have had a lot of best days! And worst days. But those are stories that don't need to be told. :matte-motes-grin:

The day when I finally went out and bought a 512 sq.m mainland parcel, then soon another then another.  Terraformed and rebuilt several times till I managed a halfway decent build without just dropping a large block on the parcel.

Towers of Carrick.jpg

Had a killer view, as long as I was looking west, and I hardly noticed the ugly neighbors on the other sides.  Though the whole experience was clearly more then one day, being that I can't recall exactly how many days it took I feel the whole time classifies as my best time in SL.

Can't recall how many different places I've purchased and built on since then, some are almost as fun as this one was but this one will always be my first.  I do miss the place sometimes, but the last time I revisited the neighborhood had actually gotten uglier.

I've had a lot of great days in SL that stand out for various reasons; however, the one that immediately came to mind was September 21, 2007 - the day my former SL partner and I became...well "partnered."  We had a Medieval-themed ceremony in a castle (thanks to the kind creator/designer); the ceremony itself was centered around the legend of the Claddagh Ring which were the rings my partner picked out for us when we became exclusive.

Partnership Ceremony - 092107.JPG

Randall Ahren wrote:

People don't remember happiness because it doesn't leave scars. But pain and sorrow? That gets carved in stone.

I remember happiness, amongst a few scars.  I'll climb out on a limb and say that thoughts are a choice....choose a thought, make a memory.....when you get down to the nitty gritty, life is about how you think about things.  yay, or nay?

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

SID Riler wrote:

Shouldnt they all be the best? otherwise why be around

Of course they should, but even the bad days never made me want to not be around.

When my paternal grandmother was in her 80's (she lived to 91) sometimes I asked how she was feeling.  Her answer was always, "Great, considering the alternative." ;)

Randall Ahren wrote:

People don't remember happiness because it doesn't leave scars. But pain and sorrow? That gets carved in stone.

That's not at all what decades of clinical research and centuries of human history show. Humans are quite adept at forgetting pain and sorrow and remembering happiness. That is generally credited for our ability to co-exist with each other. It would be hard to explain the march of human progress if we were biased towards the negative.

There are certainly exceptions, but the evidence doesn't support your statement in general.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

SID Riler wrote:

Shouldnt they all be the best? otherwise why be around

Of course they should, but even the bad days never made me want to not be around.

"Great, considering the alternative."
;)

I often think the very same thought, and recalling all those instances of being inspired by the attitude displayed by others in the midst of what would defeat many....attitude I find, is one of the best displays of heroric.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.