Second Life looks...tacky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Charli Infinity wrote:

you say you don't but you sound quite worked up about it. That's all.

I never said I hate SL and I didn't say I love SL. I just said it looks tacky to me and I'm embarassed by it sadly.

What's with the people in this forum changing words of others?

I don't think people are changing your words just reacting to what you said. You may feel it isn't insulting but to be honest it is. Its about perspective. Such as you thought I was an angry mad person when in fact I am not. Not one bit. So I think that's what is happening to your post. When people feel attacked they get deffensive. 

I don't go blabbing I play sl. Not because I am embarrassed now its just Its not something that ever comes in a conversation however once upon a time I was embarrassed. Not for the tackiness but because people thought it was a pervy game as you had stated. So I made it my mission to show people when they gave me the "Oh you are into that game" Look or line to show them no I am not cheap, no I don't do nasty stuff and yes there is a creative side to it. 

I do hope that one day you wont worry about what others think or what other avis look like. Stay away from sex Sims where  most jshore girls hang out at and go to the more art like areas and just relax. 

Charli Infinity wrote:

yes my words were literally changed several times in this thread. You contradict youself a lot. Just a few post ago you said no one is attacking anyone and now you say when people get attacked they get defensive.

Nice change of tone btw.

No I am not contradicting anything. No one is attacking you. However if one feels like they have been attacked they tend to get defensive. That is not saying someone has. Please if you are looking for fight, pick someone else. I am trying to be helpful here. You can take it or leave it.

you don't sound like you were trying to help, you sound like you were offended and intend on attack the poster for it and like you say, when people get attacked they get defensive. that's what i'm doing. defending myself against you- someone who is trying to attack someone for saying what they are thinking

Charli Infinity wrote:

you don't sound like you were trying to help, you sound like you were offended and intend on attack the poster for it and like you say, when people get attacked they get defensive. that's what i'm doing. defending myself against you- someone who is trying to attack someone for saying what they are thinking

I realized I might have sounded mean so I apologize. I did not intend to be "attacking you" . I am showing you that I wasnt angry and still am not. I gave my side of how I felt you feel other wise. I realized I sounded aggressive and I wanted to correct it but you still are angry so what can a girl do? 

Charli Infinity wrote:

jersey shore people befor the show? I  think they would still be called tacky that's why they were picked.

cheap dresses, overdone tan, and those t shirts ang gelled up hair...yeah tacky from any angle.

People that says others judge easily often don't realise they are also judging others easily themselves. If you love it you  why would you even care what other people think.

Not to defend the Jersey Shore look by any means, but I must point out that the 'overdone tans' you complain about are the natural look of a lot of  Mediterranean peoples which the people on Jersey Shore as well as a lot of people in that area of the country descend from.  Their skin IS darker and looks tan to fair skinned people even when they haven't been out in the sun for months.  I have friends who are of  Mediterranean Decent and a few hours in the sun just swimming make them look even darker than those folks.  BTW some Mediterranean people have naturally blond hair and darker skins too.

There are people from all over the world in SL and many of them have darker skin like this. Why would they come into SL and seek out ice princess skins?  Apparently you are not very widely traveled or somewhat prejudice against people that are not northern European fair skinned.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Charli Infinity wrote:

jersey shore people befor the show? I  think they would still be called tacky that's why they were picked.

cheap dresses, overdone tan, and those t shirts ang gelled up hair...yeah tacky from any angle.

People that says others judge easily often don't realise they are also judging others easily themselves. If you love it you  why would you even care what other people think.

Not to defend the Jersey Shore look by any means, but I must point out that the 'overdone tans' you complain about are the natural look of a lot of 
Mediterranean
peoples which the people on Jersey Shore as well as a lot of people in that area of the country descend from.  Their skin IS darker and looks tan to fair skinned people even when they haven't been out in the sun for months.

Not so much.

The look is more the product of a tanning booth. Thus why it is an odd placed tan - misfitting the features, or with splotches for things like lips being untanned, or an overly orange cast from a spray on tan.

The mediterranian look is tanned, but not the same kind of tan. People in the mediterranian have natural casts to their skin. The 'Jersey Shore' look doesn't really refer to the actual people of New Jersey. But to a Hollywood parody of them. It is more a product of wealthy white trash that don't get out in the sun, do not descend from the same pool as the people around them, and use chemicals and tanning booths to 'overdo it' in a certain look - which again goes too far here but not enough there and ends up looking like a sad parody of the actually physically healthy local caucasians.

One could almost call the Jersey Shore look "white face", as in a reference to "black face" because its kinda offensive to the actual people you describe if you think about what its made to say. Its weathly Paris Hilton types trying to be cool by acting over the top slutty and trashy because that is what they think working class whites are like... And that's really a slap in the face to actual working class white people from New Jersey...

Charli Infinity wrote:

maybe they are teens

No, quite sure they're not.  I was in the home of a man not too long ago who rp'd a family.  In the entryway he pointed out a photo of his "sister" (adult) and "daughter" who was rping a 10-year-old.  They had identical skins - that 12ish looking skin.

UncommonTruth wrote:

I am not a teen, but I do still get carded when I try to buy alcohol :smileyfrustrated: 

Lucky, I never got carded even when I was the age needing to be carded even though I am and look young.

I was buying some wine and as the 21 ish boy finished up my purchased I told him some advice." When a female is buying cigarettes or alcohol always card her. No matter if she looks 18 or 98. The younger ones will be annoyed but the older ones will appreciate it." 

Charli Infinity wrote:

we get what we look for. thru our own lense/filter. if jersey shore is all we see then jersey shore is jersey shore. like obvious is obvious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.