UGH Bragging

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Okay.. so some of you think that I am hating people with money. Such is not the case. I simply dont care whether a person has a lot or a little. Its the person I am interested in. Thats all I meant.

Your post didn't come across as you hating people with money - not to me, anyway. Imo, you have a very sensible attitude about money. I don't think anyone likes people bragging about how much they have, except those who actually do it, of course.

It's true, though, that rich people stand a much greater chance with the opposite sex than they would have if they were poverty-stricken.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

You  must have misunderstood me. I am saying I don't want to talk about about how much money a person has all the time. Im not money hungry. Some men use that to make me like them. I am saying it takes more then flashing money to make me like a person

I'm apparently running into different men.  I actually had one man straight up tell me, "I'm not a man of means and I don't give gifts" - which I found odd as nothing in my profile nor nothing in the preceding conversation could have possibly been a "lead in" for that comment.

The only thing I can figure is this guy had run into one or more women to whom "means" *were* important so he was getting that out of the way up front.

Ohhhhhh...I just remembered...I *did* have one guy try to impress me with "wealth" I suppose.  It was when I was brand new to SL and working as a "Cigar Girl" in a 1940's-themed club.  While welcoming a new customer (and newer resident to SL than I), this man engaged me in IMs and almost the first thing he said was, "Well, my first purchases in SL have been the really important things - a yacht and a Rolex watch."  I was mentally rolling my eyes.

Edit: clarification

Qie Niangao wrote:

On the other hand, humility, combined with self-confidence, is sexy as hell.

Humility, combined with self-confidence, eh? Okay...

I bet I'm
twice
as humble as you are!

Ben Franklin wrote:

In reality, there is, perhaps, no one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself; you will see it, perhaps, often in this history (MM: his autobiography); for, even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility.

People that brag about money are usually very insecure and seem to think that having money somehow makes up for the qualities that are lacking in their character.

-or-

People who brag about money are trying to make you feel bad for not having it and seem to think it makes them the better person, therefore showing their lack of character.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

So my $L5,798,992 linden balance doesn't impress you? 

What a pity..............LOL

It impresses me.

I'm happy if I "sell" a 50L meeroo nest. LOL

---------------------------------------------

I hope everyone knows I was joking.  I don't brag

It is much much more  :smileylol:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

So my $L5,798,992 linden balance doesn't impress you? 

What a pity..............LOL

It impresses me.

I'm happy if I "sell" a 50L meeroo nest. LOL

---------------------------------------------

I hope everyone knows I was joking.  I don't brag

It is much much more  :smileylol:

so you was being humble then. understating your wealth q; (:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

I bet I'm
twice
as humble as you are!

Ben Franklin wrote:

In reality, there is, perhaps, no one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself; you will see it, perhaps, often in this history (MM: his autobiography); for, even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility.

or ..... !!!

can be humbled by how much proud you got

like: gosh!! I got so much proud I don't know what to do with it all. am truly humbled by how much blessed I am. not like them other people who not got any. so am going to share my leftover prouds with them. then I be even more humble 

jejejejee  (:

Melita Magic wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Can we brag about how poor we are?

We were so poor growing up, at Christmas mom bought us a video tape of other kids playing with their toys.

We were so poor we unspooled our video tapes and tried to guess what was on them.

we were so poor Mum let us sit on the fence. so we could watch the TV. at the neighbours house  

Melita Magic wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

We were so poor growing up, at Christmas mom bought us a video tape of other kids playing with their toys.

We were so poor we unspooled our video tapes and tried to guess what was on them.

We were so poor we had to eat our cereal with a fork to save milk.

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

eww! lol

jejejejejjee (:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

You were lucky, you had a fork.

16 wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

I bet I'm
twice
as humble as you are!

Ben Franklin wrote:

or ..... !!!

can be humbled by how much proud you got

like: gosh!! I got so much proud I don't know what to do with it all. am truly humbled by how much blessed I am. not like them other people who not got any. so am going to share my leftover prouds with them. then I be even more humble 

jejejejee  (:

...sits on your front porch and looks all humble.

...sits on your front porch and looks all humble.

you can come inside and stay bc you must be really poor

but .... !!

you have to learn to get up really early ok. bc we even more poor. so the usual rules ok. like first up. best dressed

but .... more !!

Janelle moved in already ok. so have to get even earlier now than before. bc since she move in then is now: first up. best dressed. and fresher breakfast

jejejjjejejejje (:

16 wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

we were so poor Mum let us sit on the fence. so we could watch the TV. at the neighbours house  

You had a fence?  I'm jealous.  We had to stand in our bare feet.

Perrie Juran wrote:

16 wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

You had a fence?  I'm jealous.  We had to stand in our bare feet.

we had to walk to school in bare feet in the snow. but was so cold we had to hop. and then change to our hands. or our foot will fall off

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.