Does SL have any celebrities

SLtesterL2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dillon Levenque wrote:

16 wrote:

yes come back Qwal !!

I still got some hotdogs left over to sell from the last time (:

LOL I forgot about that. You cornered the market for hotdogs in the run up to the Big Announcement, only to see the demand vanish at the critical moment. The vagaries of the Market strike again.

yes lol (:

is going to the dog this whole free market idea btw

like I should be able to make people buy them off me. like I worked really hard to make them hotdogs and I deserve to be paid. like rellly really. I slaved away all day them. clicking my finger over a hot oven. well !!! mouse button anyways. but like was really relly hard work that. like totally. and I nearly chip my nail as well. I nearly had a heart attack about that. I had to take time off work to get over it

compulsory virtual hotdog buying and eating should be taught in schools I think. is going to destroy the planet if is not. is guarantee that. like even more totally. jejejeje (:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

I saw your original reply :matte-motes-agape: You should have left it as is. :matte-motes-delicious:

lol, i know, now worries and i know it has been seen.... 

then.. i thought a simple laugh was talking enough :smileywink: Sometimes the shortest is the best hehhehehe

(edited grammar)

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Again, Porky ? :smileylol:

I know!. I really do try to resist as it's childish and it lowers the tone of the place, but I'm afraid it has to be done. 

My goal now is to get 3 in one week so I shall be watching you very closely for the next few days Trinity. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Leia36 wrote:

Ask someone who does not use SL this question, short answer? No, SL has no celebs and anyone claiming to be a celeb  needs to go hang out with napoleon on the funny farm

That is not true. Anshe broke the glass ceiling, she made it onto the cover of Business Week, she made is onto RL talk shows and  radio shows and received mainstream media attention far beyond the confines of SL if only for a short time. 

She was a celebrity, although I would not consider her one now. So to say SL has no celebrities is not correct, but I think you can count all of SL's celebrities over the past decade on one hand.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Again, Porky ? :smileylol:

I know!. I really do try to resist as it's childish and it lowers the tone of the place, but I'm afraid it has to be done. 

My goal now is to get 3 in one week so I shall be watching you very closely for the next few days Trinity. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Are you sure you are willing to follow me everywhere im going, Porky ? :smileysurprised:

Oooo

Porky Gorky wrote:

Leia36 wrote:

Ask someone who does not use SL this question, short answer? No, SL has no celebs and anyone claiming to be a celeb  needs to go hang out with napoleon on the funny farm

That is not true. Anshe broke the glass ceiling, she made it onto the cover of Business Week, she made is onto RL talk shows and  radio shows and received mainstream media attention far beyond the confines of SL if only for a short time. 

She was a celebrity, although I would not consider her one now. So to say SL has no celebrities is not correct, but I think you can count all of SL's celebrities over the past decade on one hand.

I agree with you in that they may have a sort of celebrity status within SL nowadays. Outside of SL in 2013? Doubtful

Considering the size of SL being something like the size of an small city, the scope for real celebrity status is vanishingly small. It is similar to where I live, we have only two real celebrities, Nelson Mandela and Charlize Theron.

In my opinion from my experience if you had to ask 10 people randomly down at the mall if they knew any SL Celebrities 9 would answer with a variation of "wut is SL?" the other would probably laugh.

Google is the #1 search engine in the world!  Google knows.  Google knows celebrity.

Using Google I ran a few quick queries on some of the posters/celebrities *names* who have contributed to this thread.

Below are my results:

"Storm"  654 million
"Trinity"  212 million
"Venus"  188 millon
"Dillon"  73 millon
"Hippie"  52 million
"Lillie:  2 million
"Porky"  7 million
"Susperia"  393 thousand
"Leia36"  2

Some, like I, did not claim we were celebrity, but some did.   Go(ogle) figure!

Storm Clarence wrote:

Google is the #1 search engine in the world!  Google knows.  Google knows celebrity.

Using Google I ran a few quick queries on some of the posters/celebrities *names* who have contributed to this thread.

Below are my results:

"
Storm
"  
million

"Trinity"  212 million

"Venus"  188 millon

"Dillon"  73 millon

"Hippie"  52 million

"Lillie:  2 million

"Porky"  7 million

"Susperia"  393 thousand

"Leia36"  2

Some, like I, did not claim we were celebrity, but some did.   Go(ogle) figure!

emo rire.gif

Wait, Storm.... Trinity is second behind Storm ???? (well far behind but still)... wow.... i had a really fun day on the forum today but this is the best of the day lol !

Now, how will i be able to sleep if i cant stop laughing ? 

you are a devil, posting such results just before im going to bed :smileyvery-happy:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

emo rire.gif

Now, how will i be
able to sleep if i cant stop laughing

you are a devil, posting such results
just before im going to bed

I always leave the ladies laughing... both before and after going to bed
:|
  Why should you be any different!

My answer : because, just because Storm.

(yes, sometimes the shortest is still the best)

and also, we have a saying in french about women who are laughing... but off topic now :smileyhappy:

Storm Clarence About 7,420,000 results (0.24 seconds)

Venus Petrov About 1,150,000 results (0.23 seconds)

Hippie Bowman About 935,000 results (0.26 seconds)

Lillie Woodells About 445,000 results (0.39 seconds)

Leia36 About 53,400 results (0.46 seconds)

Suspiria Finucane About 16,200 results (0.37 seconds)

Porky Gorky About 15,400 results (0.63 seconds)

Trinity Yazimoto About 11,100 results (0.34 seconds)

Dillon Levenque About 6,640 results (0.35 seconds)

So Storm, your attempt to belittle me has failed on three counts:

Firstly I really don't give a damn if I am famous or not, I'm not here to play silly games of one-up-manship with egotistical, attention seeking, self-titled celebrities in a very obscure corner of the Internet.

Secondly you clearly sucked the results out of thin air, funnily enough finding the true results was a cathartic experience, and the results are somewhat surprising.

Thirdly everyone knows you storm and knows what you are about, your posts are usually taken with a pinch of sugar (not salt, you're salty enough) knowing their frivolity should be regarded for what it usually is

I hope you have the maturity to realise that I am not interested in what you think or what you do. I am finished with whatever drama you and your associates are up to this week, its for this reason  that my feeds are closed.

My advise to you is to get yourself a cocktail and a copy of Plum Island by Nelson DeMille and do something useful with your Sunday evening.

Oh yes and If you feel the need to call yourself a celebrity I suggest a) consulting a psychiatrist and b) checking your meds are up to date. If those don't work, try going around town RL with a "I's a celebrity" on your forehead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.