Does SL have any celebrities

SLtesterL2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Storm succeeds in discussing P. Dipstick with you enough, he will eventually reach increased levels of fame. But Storm is missing a point here. Throughout history we have seen lots of people who have become famous for all the wrong reasons. Criminals, con men, mobsters, war criminals, terrorists, dictators. Nobody in their right mind would call these people celebrities though. Was Augusto Pinochet a celebrity? Jeffrey Dahmer? John Gotti? Carlos 'The Jackal'? Bernard Madoff? I think not. Being known by lots of people simply isn't enough to become a celebrity.

Laetizia Coronet wrote:

If Storm succeeds in discussing P. Dipstick with you enough, he will eventually reach increased levels of fame.

I guess it works both ways. Every time I seem to post about Daniels on SLF he takes to the feeds to insult me or to reference some embellished fictional victories he has had over me on the forums of old, despite the fact that we have barely ever interacted in the past.

So I guess if I am helping him become famous by talking about him, then he is doing the same for me as he does not seem to be able to resist the urge to mention me on the feeds as of late. 

Of course, it's all completely irrelevant, aside from a few interested parties, the majority of readers could not care less. 

larry Mavros wrote:

Chung is one of the greedyest persons i ever saw, is muted and doesnt deserves any respect (Because shes extremely greedy and wastes "her" "life" here.) PS.: Of COURSE Pinochet was a celebrity ! How can someone which is mentioned in history NOT be one ?  @ Alicia: Dont make Yourself older than You are !
;)
PPS.: Annoyying "Land sale agents" are muted anyway.

am sure all them greedy annoying land sale agents are tremble before your squirrely wrath. specially the Chung one

Laetizia Coronet wrote:

Yeah, I wound up drawing the exact same conclusion not long ago. But I thought it would be funnier to name it Daniels Syndrome.

How about Madelaine McMasters?  She has a 'cult' like following known as the koolaid kiddies.  If it isn't a syndrome then it must be celebrity. 

SLtesterL2 wrote:

Not celebrities in rl that use SL. Are there people in-world that have a certain skill, hobbie, store, etc. which makes them famous? The only people that come off the top of my head for example are Asri Falcone, Ansch Chung, and I forgot his name, but he was a huge driving force in the sex industry in SL. Also, i'm taking about up-to-date avatars. Not people who were famous in 2007 for example.

Thank You

There are many incredibly talented residents in Second Life who share what they do freely.  It would depend on what interests you. I don't know if they would consider themselves celebrities, but there are many well known live performers, many who have regular gigs. 

SL Celebrity status is gained by positive and ongoing contribution to the community as a whole,

not merely depositing ones self in every possible place you have not been banned.

Torley is the epitome of such an SL celebrity.

Opinions viewed by a tiny minority do not grant one celebrity status. chirp chirp

Neither does being booted from forum to forum, platform to platform.

It's like rap music. Tomes of words delivered with machine gun rapidity,

ad infinitum, attempted en masse are no guarantee that you actually have anything of true value to say.spoiler.gif

Wut? o.0

:smileyvery-happy:

edit

Yes SL has some celebreties but not on a RL scale.

For isntance everyone who is interested in the vintage scene in SL knows Sonatta Morales who makes stunning vintage clothes.

Lots of people who have been following the mesh videos know who Flufee is.

If you are into machinima, you probably know Pooky Amsterdam.

If you care about SL fashion you probably know Strawberry Singh.

Etc, etc.

So these people may not be famous gridwide, you may not have heard of any of them, but they are very well known to a large part of SL, even if it is just in their own little field of expertise.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Qwal we miss you ! spring is here soon ! Come back...

spring2013.jpg

We should be seeing that chipmunk pretty soon.:smileyhappy:

ETA re-worked image. Can't believe I missed that; I even called the pic spring2013.jpg. At least the March 20th part was right.

Perrie Juran wrote:

qwal gift.jpg

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Ah ! and we have also a famous chimpmunk here ! 

Qwal we miss you ! spring is here soon ! Come back...

I bet he is going to be hungry!

/me sets out a welcome back feast for Qwal.

awww Perrie, this is too nice from you ! :smileyhappy: Im sure Qwal will be hungry when he will woke up and he will appreciate the dinner you prepared for him....

And shhhhh Storm, stay quiet, do not eat Qwal's food or Qwal himself... Qwal hasnt ate for the whole winter, so he wont be a good dinner... 

@ Dillon : i cant wait for the spring is here and to see our favorite chipmunk back...This forum start to be almost demoralizing without his wonderful sense of humor. :smileywink:

16 wrote:

yes come back Qwal !!

I still got some hotdogs left over to sell from the last time (:

LOL I forgot about that. You cornered the market for hotdogs in the run up to the Big Announcement, only to see the demand vanish at the critical moment. The vagaries of the Market strike again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.