Confessions of a Forum Troll

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I troll the SL forums. That's the confession. Every time I tell myself I'm going to try to be more helpful or more productive here, I see a post by someone that's the perfect setup, and I can't resist getting them riled up.

Some people react in ways that make it absolutely, crazy fun. And to those people, I say thank you for making it so much fun.

To those that have been sucked into long arguments with me, I say this- stop taking me so seriously, I'm a forum troll!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this type of thread always seem to occur on Saturday nights. Is it because:

(a) we're all too old to go out and party?

(b) we're all too lazy to go out and party?

© we're old and wise (and lazy) enough to have learnt that going out and partying on a Saturday night really means spending most of the time queuing up at bars waiting to be noticed by bar staff who only serve the tallest/ugliest/prettiest/one-waving-the-biggest-wad-of-cash-in-their-face?

(d) secret option number 4?

I don't notice if/when you troll. I have a (bad/good ((depending how you look at it ))) habit of not returning to threads, because I notice a piece of wallpaper peeling off that I must go and attend to and get distracted by that.

Gadget Portal wrote:

I troll the SL forums. That's the confession. Every time I tell myself I'm going to try to be more helpful or more productive here, I see a post by someone that's the perfect setup, and I can't resist getting them riled up.

Some people react in ways that make it absolutely, crazy fun. And to those people, I say thank you for making it so much fun.

To those that have been sucked into long arguments with me, I say this- stop taking me so seriously, I'm a forum troll!

You claim to be a troll?

You suck. I have seen so many better trolls than you. The trolls in the old RA forum would have eaten you for breakfast. 

The only troll around here is yo mamma!

hehe I am definitely not a troll :matte-motes-big-grin:

Porky Gorky wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

You claim to be a troll?

You suck. I have seen so many better trolls than you. The trolls in the old RA forum would have eaten you for breakfast. 

A Pep/Gadget war would have been interesting.

Some of the others would have just been irritating.  They were intellectually challenged.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

You claim to be a troll?

This^^

And that is why I behave also :D

Perrie Juran wrote:

A Pep/Gadget war would have been interesting.

Some of the others would have just been irritating.  They were intellectually challenged.

Hehe that is true.

I remember Pep annoyed me years ago so for a while I took it upon myself to end every post with PEP and then came up with an insulting set of words to fit the acronym

A couple I remember were

Pompous Egotistical **bleep**

**bleep** Enlargement Provider

Preoccupied Eating **bleep**

Nowhere near as much fun with the language filter though.

leon Bowler wrote:

Well at least you have all found each other, I don't belong in this thread so will now leave.

Surely Leon you can hold your hands up and admit to a spot of trolling here and there? A quick search through your alts post history will be evidence of that I should think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.