Older Generation :)

Ladybird01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

I am fairly newt to SL. I am on another site similar and it is much easier to figure stuff out. I find the clothing and especially the properties very hard to figure out. I hate that I feel I have to have a degree to get a house/property. I bought one but cannot figure it out lol...well so much for that! I also have found people are not as easy to talk to/make friends with. Maybe I have not found the right places to frequent as of yet. So...where are some places to make friends? I would love to find some friends who will help me learn my way around, and how to do stuff in SL. I am 52, but I get along with all ages. I do find the older 30/40 age group more mature though. 

Bingo.

And yes, its easy to fall into a nest of 20 somethings and have all of them try to convince you that "you're old" but you do have to consider the source. Who here, when they were a kid or teen, didn't think anybody who was not their peer was old? At twenty they are only one year away from being a teen. The state of being an adult is like a bell curve, and I haven't seen one of those yet crest at its inception. Even at 30, (assuming a life span of 80 even though I'm one with an 88 year old in their rl) you're not even half way up the incline. It wouldn't crest till 50 as the highpoint, and to be "old" (on the side of the downswing) you would be as Drake said.

Its great to be 20 or even 30 something physically (and in sl that might translate into avi appearance). But my best conversations come from those more mature and with a manner of processing you really only get with time.

bigstock_Add_as_friend_12981602.jpg 

Greetings. 

Our group of friends is in this speed limit. 

A relaxed group of friends from around the US.  We text and voice.  Hit the clubs and live events. 

We spend alot of time laughing and balancing our SL and RL areas.

Let's get this group together in SL.

Hope to hear from ya all.

Davvek

emeraldeyes96 wrote:

Hi everyone

I am fairly newt to SL. I am on another site similar and it is much easier to figure stuff out. I find the clothing and especially the properties very hard to figure out. I hate that I feel I have to have a degree to get a house/property. I bought one but cannot figure it out lol...well so much for that! I also have found people are not as easy to talk to/make friends with. Maybe I have not found the right places to frequent as of yet. So...where are some places to make friends? I would love to find some friends who will help me learn my way around, and how to do stuff in SL. I am 52, but I get along with all ages. I do find the older 30/40 age group more mature though. 

Try joining NCI (New Citizens Incorporated) and the Forum Cartel group. They both have groups with active IM chat and in world locations. NCI also has classes. Forum Cartel sometimes has parties. Also, just ask questions in the forums here. Lots of people like to help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

hi, i really don't like telling my age because as they say...age is just a number...but i it does matter when you try to talk to very young people and they don't things that us "older" people may know...lol     I'd love to make friends with this so called older generation..I especially don't like guys that are trying to animate my avi to do sexual acts....come on! i"m not a prude but that's just imature and silly:smileyfrustrated:  So if it's ok I will request you as a friend and please feel free to add me...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.