Merry Christmas! What presents did you get?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Merry Christmas, all!

As presents are opened today, we share moments of love and laughter.  It is interesting to hear about the presents people receive for Christmas.

This leads to one simple question: What did YOU get for Christmas (in RL or SL)?

I'll start.  I got $225, a portable charger, dress shoes, a Columbia jacket, and a The North Face jacket.

Chime in below!  :)

TristanMercer wrote:

Not to be a party pooper, but I have no family that is close and I can't travel 2000 miles to see them, so I just splurge on myself throughout the year.

Some of my recent purchases have been:

-EVGA GTX 650ti Graphics Card

-new smartphone

-lots of smaller items

Nice hehe

Thats pretty much what I do almost every year.  I treated my self  little early to a new motherboard and 6 core CPU

And some new clothes..... wewt

i get:

computer

pair trainers

$50

$100

makeup

book

summer dress

another book

lotto ticket

box chocolates

blue top

white tshirt

5000 txts

another box chocolates

and i only got 8 chocolates left bc somebody with my name on ate all the others (:

+

i give:

dress

t-shirt

blouse

slippers

book

minecraft sub

3000 txts

other 3000 txts

dora explorer game

barbie doll

another book

and another book

face pack voucher

chocolates

bubblebath

power water soaker gun

kitten collar

(:

I got the pure joy and pleasure of being able to spend the day with my family. Something some people in this world didn't get to have. The family I wasn't able to be with physically, I spoke to on the phone or skype. That in and of itself, is the greatest gift of all, my family. Even though my son and I are really sick right now, it was a fantastic day.

I also got the joy of watching my kiddos open their gifts, completely and utterly grateful for everything they received. Not a complaint from anyone was ever uttered (not surprising, it's not in their nature to be ungrateful). A blessing I sometimes forget I have.

I also got my littlest niece to take her very first steps alone today, right to me. That was pretty exciting too.

As for tangibles, I got a stand mixer which I badly needed from my mother. My kiddos made me a huge lot of handmade gifts. I admit they're my favorite kind. They also gave me a calendar, votive holder, new incense, a candle, and some bath products(all vanilla, one of my fav scents). All paid for with money they earned doing odd jobs for grandma :D

Yes I boast, I'm quite proud of my lil lot, they're pretty amazing kids.

In RL I got what I asked for, a lot of gift cards to go buy cloths I normally can't afford during the year! I am not as poor as that makes me sound but I do work for a place where I have to dress professionally and office apparel is not cheap! :)

In SL I did not get much yet but most of my friends took the holiday "off" this year. We are all about to pop in today though so I am hoping I get a lot of marketplace notifications in my mailbox, especially from casual wear, shoe, and lingerie places! To any secret santa's reading the forum, I look good in teal, blue, plum or white and I prefer jeans / shorts over skirts. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Happy holidays and warm wishes to everyone!

Porky Gorky wrote:

i got the joy of watching my kids open a grands worth of presents and then listened to them moan because they didn't get what they wanted, So just a normal crimbo really. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Awww Porky, that is so sad... maybe... but I guess we should ask how many kids you you have and a grand of what first, right? I mean you could be like the Duggar family with 19 children and spent L$1000 on the whole group! On the other hand, you could have 2 children and spent a thousand English pounds too... in which case I can see your point. If its the latter, I am willing to be your surrogate child and promise I will be very appreciative of anything your send me! >snuggles up to your side and gives you big kitty eyes< :matte-motes-smitten:

The four day weekend alone was great, didn't do much more then sleep and play around on grids.

Saw the family happy with the gifts I got them, got a few myself, plus a good chunk of gift cash I should try spending before it gets swallowed up by other things.

And as I mentioned before spent a great deal of time playing around on grids, but totally ignored SL.  Lots of little Opensim grids out there, de-Ruthed myself many times with freebies that all seem to be coming from the same source these days, nearly all of these grids had a welcome area with live people to great you.  New Opensim is much improved but still glitchy, was still refreshing.

aside from spending time with my lovely family pigging out on chocolate and not having to cook i got 
- dvd box set of Big Bang Theory (i don't even like the show)
- food items from China town in London
- cheap piece of jewellery i don't like
- coat and a couple of clothing items i got pre-christmas

i haven't logged in to SL for a couple of days but i'm pretty certain i got nothing

Maybe it's just me but I find it more than a little sad that presents means more than presence to so many people these days, the world over. This time of year tends to drag the "real" for lack of better term, out of people. Some people show their true colors, and it can be more than just a little disheartening to see, when it doesn't paint them in a very positive light. I'm talking about all around the grid, and the world, in general.

I watched some family members and friends of mine be very ungrateful for what they recieved and all I can think about is the fact that they could have got nothing at all. They could be one of the millions mourning the newly fresh loss of a loved one. They could have been spending the recent past or present burying a parent, or child. They could be one of the millions without anyone at all in their lives. They could be one of the millions struggling to feed themselves even one meal a day. They could be one of the millions without a roof over their heads. They could be one of the millions without employment. They could be one of the millions living in very unsafe conditions fearing for their life every single minute of every single day. They have so much to be thankful for, yet they focus on something they got and didn't like :(

Maybe I'm just a weird sap, but even if I got something I didn't like, that something is something to be grateful for. Or maybe I just have weird priorities, lol. I especially hate to see such ungrateful behavior in children. Normally one could chalk such things up to innocence and immaturity, but sometimes you can tell it's a learned behavior and you can see right where it comes from. It makes me sad, very sad. My kids got to watch children act like little ungrateful brats today, and they were family. My kids didn't understand it anymore than I do. My son, being the sound mind he is, suggested to them if they didn't like what they got, they could always donate it to the kids at(our local children's hospital, where my daughter spent most of her first 6 years) because they would love it. The response, "I'd rather throw it away". :o

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.