Deploys for the week of 2012-10-01

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hope things are cleared up as fast and as well as you can. Alot of tenants are reporting in of missing items. breedables , homes, furnishings etc.  Would be good to send a link for people affected to list SIM name and parcel Slurl perhaps to better help those who may feel lost in the 'wash' ? on the Dashboard  or Gridstatus maybe ?

Oskar

Well, this is a fine old mess.  First  roll borks scripted objects.

Second roll seems to have put everthing back as it should be.  I log off for my dinner.

When I relog (just now) I discover that my account has been reset.  My viewer is on default settings: ALL default!

Then while I am working to figure out what has happened the sim restarts again.

What on Earth are you guys doing??

And this is code that passed QA?  Do you really expect folk to believe that?

PS: I'm not an ungrateful brat, I know the support and release teams will be working their asses off to get this mess straight, and I very much appreciate the amount of communication you have given us, Oskar.  It is just a shame that you have had to work so damned hard to correct the effects of what must have been shoddy QA.

Oskar Linden says: "The second step is to restart the region to a simstate that was before the prims got returned. It is a process that is done by hand. There is no way to automate it."

Hire me.

I'll make a way to automate it.

I'm sure there are about a dozen million other people who could automate a rollback from a *release candidate* software rollout as well.

Any of those people could also make a few reasonable suggestions about how to write regression tests.

Solo Mornington wrote:

Oskar Linden says: "T
he second step is to restart the region to a simstate that was before the prims got returned. It is a process that is done by hand. There is no way to automate it."

Hire me.

I'll make a way to automate it.

I'm sure there are about a dozen million other people who could automate a rollback from a *release candidate* software rollout as well.

Any of those people could also make a few reasonable suggestions about how to write regression tests.

"There is no way to automate it" given the time that we had. It is technically possible to automate, but we don't currently have a system for it. Most simstate rollbacks are one offs and don't need a massive level of automation.

__Oskar

I have filed a ticket on problems on our homestead Fourier - The particles of a fireplace in a Brennan home do not function correctly. The water spray of the water fountain on the home barely is visible anymore. Same house I rezzed on a sandbox sim Aldora works normally at that location. Also noted that anything that uses particles - Fire, Water spray, BDSM furniture to rez chains, and poofers or other environmental items are failing  to function normally and restarting the sim from the estate manager console does not help the issue. I filed a ticket on this 2 days ago via the help desk support - no reply thus far.

Question - when will this be fixed.

Also I have noticed if you near the sim edge in any vehicle like a boat or hangglider you can get sucked into basically a whirlpool like spin which you are unable to come out of with the vehicle and have to abandon the vehicle to gain control of your avatar again. Something in the recent changes is causing several issues - which basically set users ability on vehicles and particles rezzer to malfunction or not work at all.

I'm not sure if this is related to the messed up roll but I'll post it here anyway in case it is:

I'm trying to buy things from market place as a gift, yesterday they got stuck waiting for delivery and ended up being refunded from sl communication timeout, one hour ago I tried again and again the items are left pending delivery, I checked the stores to make sure there is an active magicbox and in both stores there was.

Any ideas?

... anything that uses particles - Fire, Water spray, BDSM furniture to rez chains, and poofers or other environmental items are failing  to function normally and restarting the sim from the estate manager console does not help the issue. I filed a ticket on this 2 days ago via the help desk support - no reply thus far.

This is a viewer problem. I noticed it, too--coincidentally on a rolled-back LeTigre sim, but it went away completely when I tried with a Snowglobe-based viewer (an ancient Phoenix version). I suspect it's another effect of a known, fix-pending viewer bug that was also visible at the same location, but only in relatively recent viewers.

Lynna Yorcliffe wrote:

I have filed a ticket on problems on our homestead Fourier - The particles of a fireplace in a Brennan home do not function correctly. The water spray of the water fountain on the home barely is visible anymore. Same house I rezzed on a sandbox sim Aldora works normally at that location. Also noted that anything that uses particles - Fire, Water spray, BDSM furniture to rez chains, and poofers or other environmental items are failing  to function normally and restarting the sim from the estate manager console does not help the issue. I filed a ticket on this 2 days ago via the help desk support - no reply thus far.

Question - when will this be fixed.

Also I have noticed if you near the sim edge in any vehicle like a boat or hangglider you can get sucked into basically a whirlpool like spin which you are unable to come out of with the vehicle and have to abandon the vehicle to gain control of your avatar again. Something in the recent changes is causing several issues - which basically set users ability on vehicles and particles rezzer to malfunction or not work at all.

Ok I may be way off base with this but I've had this issue in the past & also on the edge of my sim.  Was caused by a mega prim textured with a scupt that neighbor was using for wall.  The bounding box kept boats from work properly & they would as you say, get sucked into some kind of vortex and spin.  And that was only if you were able to actually get the boat funtioning to begin with. 

Anyway, just a thought.

I don't have a Le Tigre or RC sim so I don't know if this is where to report this issue or not, but I just discovered, to my very great horror, that my subscriber kiosk where my customer list is stored has vanished from inworld. I had not backed it up as often as necessary and so am missing about 1000 names.

In the inworld concierge group I have heard other reports of objects vanishing. My manager said an object she was moving vanished.  I was not concerned because I have copies of things in my inventory -- but forgot about this kiosk.

I am sick. Anyone else experience this or know what to do?  I resarted the region, did area search, filed a ticket. I guess I will make a bug report.

... I resarted the region, did area search ...

Did you check Top Scripts to see if it's on the sim anywhere? I suppose it's unlikely, given that you tried the area search, but it would be a happy outcome if it showed up on the list.

(You also mentioned a report of an object going missing while being moved. If there's any chance that it bumped up against the sim border, I'd suggest doing a careful search of the sim at altitude 256. I know that doesn't make any sense, but numerous times, I've had stuff magically transported to that height when they hit a sim border in the build tool.)

Thanks for the suggestions Qie -- a search of Top Scripts does not show it, and it is not at 256. Just gone.

I wish when I heard of others discovering things vanishing -- sometimes before their eyes -- it had dawned on me to back that subscriber up. 

I have requested a roll back -- well, more like begged for one, as I have not changed anything on that sim since I last used the subscriber.

They rolled back as far as they could, to the 4th, and there was my kiosk.  I still don't know if that says anything about any particular deploy but something has been causing things to vanish lately, and not just mine. Not sure whether to file a bug report or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.