My rant/advices so we can all live happily ever after

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't blame SL bugs for everything! 

If you preserve the right not to care of your avatar's look and walk around like a noob then pls continue be careless when someone comments on that look.

If you make a group and invite others, then at least upload a photo and write some description!

Always sign notecards you're sending, and when replying, use them like you use mail and just type down your reply in the same note.

If you're running a business put it in your pics. I see you have room:p

Check for obvious grammar/spelling mistakes before posting an event/group notice.

Don't contact same people twice with the same offer, specially if they refused it the first time.

Free stuff costs zero lindens, not 1, or 5. 

Full perm means I buy it once and don't need to contact you anymore! 

Avoid hiding, if you need to do something secretly, better don't do it at all.

If you use a kid talk then don't be surprised if people treat you like a kid.

Never forget about the time differences. Running a special event at my 4am will not make me stay awake just because it is the only one you have (I'm not counting SL weddings here, you can still book me).

Read instructions, write instructions and respect the rules.

Don't pretend you know/understand something, ask when in doubt!

People are not stupid.

It is ok to forget.

One day, all this will be gone.

Always say thank you and have a nice day. 

Thank you:) feel free to continue with yours lol

Don't blame SL bugs for everything! 

( But it is the default SL excuse when things do not work ! )

If you preserve the right not to care of your avatar's look and walk around like a noob then pls continue be careless when someone comments on that look.

( 90% of the time I am working on creative fun and I have no shirt ,bald ,1 shoe as I am seeing how it fits so far and got side tracked then IMed  ..... Crash,log back in and the sim will be down and I am dumped in the next public HUB with 60 other AVs )

If you make a group and invite others, then at least upload a photo and write some description!

( dose "Support group" and a very slow rezing image I have not seen in 5 years make that big of a difference ? )

Always sign notecards you're sending, and when replying, use them like you use mail and just type down your reply in the same note.

( How about I forget and just send a random IM a few minutes later saying "sent" work ? )

If you're running a business put it in your pics. I see you have room**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif" border="0" alt=":smileytongue:" title="Smiley Tongue" />

( But making you use your SL group role checking and deduction of a few simple factors skills make for a easy guessing game .)

Check for obvious grammar/spelling mistakes before posting an event/group notice.

( bUt i Kile to typy fasetr then evry 1 els ad bee 1st 2 reply 1!! )

Don't contact same people twice with the same offer, specially if they refused it the first time.

( You never know when some one might be a RL suffer of short term e memory and you are simply doing theme favor )

Free stuff costs zero lindens, not 1, or 5. 

( It will able me so long to cash out a dollar at 1 and 5L a sale it might as well be me making nothing so how can you NOT see that as free ?)

Full perm means I buy it once and don't need to contact you anymore! 

(Sale are like friendships as you new friend you  might need to know I have other free objects you might what to buy or sale!)

If you use a kid talk then don't be surprised if people treat you like a kid.

(phuck off lady I am a 18 year old HOT college girl in my panties playing SL at the coed slumber party . Or rich reliving my childhood as my physiotherapist suggested to SAVE MY FAMILY !!  YOU CRUEL BI0TCH!)

Never forget about the time differences. Running a special event at my 4am will not make me stay awake just because it is the only one you have.

( It's OK ! I will not be here either ! I just posted it before I log out ,I was just hoping people TP there to gain me traffic!)

( read..write...I come here to get away from RL, It is much more fun to IM bomb the maker asking the same questions that are in the first line of the notecard no one reads .)

Don't pretend you know/understand something, ask when in doubt!

( I am SL wiki)

People are not stupid.

( You sure do not get out much do you ? )

It is OK to forget.

( Not when I paid you 75L for anything to do with it .)

( That is why you should give me stuff for free ! )

Always say thank you and have a nice day. 

(What if they live in a place it is night and I sound stupid ? )

Thank you**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" /> feel free to continue with yours lol

Enjoy yourself and forget your worries - other than treating others how you wish to be treated, there are no rules.  Ignore the hall monitors who try to impose what they believe should be and have fun!

Many come here to escape rl - fill your boots and have a blast I say!!!

Cheers!

clicked the wrong reply button ... this is just a comment in general not in reply to Tamara, sorry.

Very funny and recognisable!

My thing to add:

Just because i bought something in your shop, doesn't mean i want to be subscribed to some list to automatically receive daily notecards with new offers, CAUSING IMs AND OTHER DELIVERIES TO GET CAPPED!

And then when i go back to your shop - as advised in the notecards - to unsubscribe to this list, i have to search around your shop to find a sign to do so, BUT THIS SIGN IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!

In the mean time i'm raising your shop traffic (which is obviously your intention), which leaves me with a dirty taste in my mouth of the feeling BEING PLAYED LIKE A FOOL!

Then, when i open your profile to send you an IM, i see you have written there: "PLEASE DON'T SEND IMs, THEY CAUSE OTHER DELIVERIES TO GET CAPPED"!!

But when i send you a notecard instead, i never hear anything back, and i'm still on your "STUPID ENOUGH TO BE YOUR CUSTOMER" list!

Hey Tamara, great reaction! It made me laugh hard too, but i didn't feel it to be appropriate to comment on it. But now you reacted so sportive yourself, my favs were:

( read..write...I come here to get away from RL, It is much more fun to IM bomb the maker asking the same questions that are in the first line of the notecard no one reads .)

( That is why you should give me stuff for free ! )

I really like this style of - kinda "nagging" humor!

And thumbs-up to the OP for this thread, can't wait to see further reactions!

Cheers!

I have a pet peeve in SL

- if you mass tp and the person doesnt come the first time dont send 5 more in the next 30 mins

oh another one

-if you see a group dedicated to a specific purpose it is considered rude and annoying to advertise your latest event, land sale, scam for money in it (unless of course the purpose of the group is to do that lol) even more annoying/rude if you advertise something that is a rival of that group

Hahahaah, me too! When i still had a dog, he would look up really funny when i laughed out loud by myself. First with a face of "ok, let's play!", then - when realising it wasn't for him - looking around to check who else is there, and then coming to the conclusion that i'm just weird and not worth his attention, putting his head back down with a heavy sigh.

And to: "Ok so seems noone else wants to continue?? huh..."

You pretty much covered most of them already! :smileywink:

Tamara Artis wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

But, I take umbrage. Sometimes I feel like a noob, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I go out all prim-d, but other times when I am going to an event where the organizer has asked everyone to "please remove excess scripts, prims, etc...." I will slip on one of the standard avatars or a "low lag" outfit I put together based on the numbers given by the "Show draw weight for avatars" in the Performance tools in the Advanced menu.  While I have heard many arguments that "high draw weight" is only a problem to the person carrying the weight, I feel it is only polite to try to comply when asked.

Performance tools says the draw weight for this outfit is 1000; however, if I have time I add a non-noob walk.

Please do not judge an avatar by its cover. 

Sincerely,

Rufferta Resident
The Eternal Noob

Hmmmmm seems to me not having a care about your avatar really depends on who is looking at it.

I am a 2004 avatar. I still have slider skin and hair and except for a pair of prim shoes I bought a couple years ago I am in texture layer clothing. You know what?

After all these years this is how people EXPECT me to look. It has almost become a trademark.

Sometimes best not to judge on looks alone not many of us oldtimers left.  ;)

OMG sooo true! I used to work at one club and we had a dj who was kinda like that... he was a nice older guy and liked older music, but "hits" like those summer songs that start to get annoying after you hear them 3o times a day... also, he didn't know english very well. He used voice and was talking like all the time, all we could understand was Please show me some support lol. It was horrible to listen to him. omg... I didn't want to remember that hahaha

=x sorry to remind u, but i mean besides building, fashion, and art it's the main reason i get on sl. to spin music, work on my talent as a musical artist in many ways and to make connections with those that have talent. dealing with some of these people who get a taste of the dj/musician lifestyle and begin to get a swollen head just gets annoying. especially when they want to be the center of attention and are mainly only worried about bein in the eye, NOT bringing the music that makes people want to adventure out to see what else is going on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.