Email Address Change from Marketplace - Has anyone noticed?

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I just noticed a change in the email confirmation we get following a sale -

Prior today's maintenance, the email always came from: no-reply@Marketplace.secondlife.com

After today's maintenance, the email now comes from: service@mail.Secondlife.com

Since I can't find any post from the Commerce Team about this change, I'm wondering if I'm the only one seeing this. Anyone else notice it? Why would it be done?

I don't think it's a problem, it's just an unannounced change...

Edited: actually, there may be some issue - I'm getting duplicate emails for the same order number.

Edited: the duplicates have stopped now. just the different email address...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Arwen :)  Are you referring to the email that lists the sale details or the email that states which MB (if it was sold from a MB) the sale was sent from?  I've deleted the MB location notifications, but the sales details email still has no-reply@marketplace.secondlife.com on my notification as of this morning.

I've not received any sales since they "completed" the latest maintenance, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have changed the "From" address. That's a relatively insignifcant change in their code from their perspective, so they wouldn't follow through on the thinking to realize it will totally cobble up all the scores of us with email filters in place.

I'll post a follow-up when (if?) I get my next sales confirmation email.

Thanks Darrius :)

I just bought one of your telepads, so you can take a look at the confirmation email when it arrives.

I do have to say the MP is moving like molasses following this maintenance, so something was changed, possibly more behind the scenes than just email addresses.

Edited to add:

Something's up - your item is on DD and still has not arrived. The order says

September 26, 2012

• Order #1304798694
  • Order Status: Processing Payment

1 item has not yet been delivered
This item is queued for delivery. Merchants cannot redeliver the item at this time, and have not been paid. If the item is not delivered within 8 hours after purchase, you will automatically receive a refund to your account. If you make a purchase while the transaction is in progress, the refund credit may be applied to your next order.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Thanks Darrius
:)

I just bought one of your telepads, so you can take a look at the confirmation email when it arrives.

I do have to say the MP is moving like molasses following this maintenance, so something was changed, possibly more behind the scenes than just email addresses.

Oh now THIS is interesting. The sale shows up in the Marketplace's Transaction History, but it has not been reported to my ANS system yet. Have you actually received the telepad?

ETA: Yup, interestinger and interestinger. LOL Hmmm .. I wonder what they broke fixed this time?

EATA:

Product Item ID Status Price Payment status Recipient Actions
DG Telepad Freebie - Teleport to Any Altitude Instantly 81287442 Undelivered L$0 Not paid Arwen Serpente Not available for redelivery

Email received! Headers are:

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:26:11 +0000
To: dgothly@dgp4sl.com
Subject: Customer Arwen Serpente purchased 1 item from you as part of Order #
1304798694 on the Second Life Marketplace

So yup, they changed the "From" address.

Still no report to my ANS processor yet though.

Yep, I saw the change today.

On a different note, I was talking to a fellow merchant today, and he ask me if my sales were really low yesterday. I immediately responded that I had my worst day in months. He also lives off his sales, and his tuesday was incredibly bad. It makes me wonder what LL was doing yesterday, or if this latest change had anything to do with us having a terrible tuesday.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Yep, I saw the change today.

On a different note, I was talking to a fellow merchant today, and he ask me if my sales were really low yesterday. I immediately responded that I had my worst day in months. He also lives off his sales, and his tuesday was incredibly bad. It makes me wonder what LL was doing yesterday, or if this latest change had anything to do with us having a terrible tuesday.

They had MP maintenance both yesterday (tuesday) and today, so I expect it did have an impact on at least some Merchants. My MP sales on Tuesday were 50% below normal. Today isn't tracking much better.

It's official - the sales notification from email address has changed - http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Marketplace_Current#Release_Notes_for_Current_Marketplace_Release

All the important marketplace functionality that is still missing or broken and the best that LL could come up with is a stupid change that only serves to mess up merchant's email filters  :matte-motes-angry:

Yes I noticed a few minutes ago and came in here to check if anyone else had picked up on it. What alerted me was no sales were showing up in my inbox BUT my spam count was bigger than it normally is. Which is exactly where my notification were being placed. Thanks LL and commerce team for yet another  helpful piece of communication - NOT!

After all it's just a game to you isn't it!

^L^

Lasher Oh wrote:

...no sales were showing up in my inbox BUT my spam count was bigger than it normally is.

Ah thanks for that - i just found all mine there - and since they're automatically filtered past the inbox i would have lost them entirely otherwise.

A notification email would have been nice - login msgs are pointless on MP when you're either logged in constantly , or don't need to log in for a while. But then "notification feature would be nice" is a bit of a broken record....

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Hi All,

I just noticed a change in the email confirmation we get following a sale -

Prior today's maintenance, the email always came from: no-reply@Marketplace.secondlife.com

After today's maintenance, the email now comes from: service@mail.Secondlife.com

Since I can't find any post from the Commerce Team about this change, I'm wondering if I'm the only one seeing this. Anyone else notice it? Why would it be done?

I saw this on my Merchant Home page ...

Technical Announcement

September 26, 2012

The from email address on Marketplace emails has changed. Please see the Release Notes for more information.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.