Security Orb Eject Problems

katya Qork

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Maybe a mindset change is needed.  People like to make games out of things, perhaps this too can be gamified:

Mission: Dodge as many orbs as possible, the more you dodge and faster your progress, the better your ranking.  Evade  your way to the furthest reaches of mainland until you win your way to the final destination, the fabled land of Bellisseria where the orbs are weak and you can fly your victory laps until your heart is full of contentment as the highest ranking participant.

Are you up to the challenge?

There is (or was) a rally that did exactly that. 16 (a resident) introduced the forum to it many years ago. Starchild Rally? Something like that. The idea was to get as far as you could in the provided vehicle that could cross water and land, choosing any route you wanted. It wasn't just a case of negotiating security devices and ban lines, but it was also not falling foul of sim crossings. The final part of the furthest reaches was incredibly fraught with dangerous ban lines and narrow channels through them. Only 2 or 3 of us made it at that time. These days the possible maximum is greatly extended due to the creation of Belliseria.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

There is (or was) a rally that did exactly that. 16 (a resident) introduced the forum to it many years ago. Starchild Rally? Something like that. The idea was to get as far as you could in the provided vehicle that could cross water and land, choosing any route you wanted. It wasn't just a case of negotiating security devices and ban lines, but it was also not falling foul of sim crossings. The final part of the furthest reaches was incredibly fraught with dangerous ban lines and narrow channels through them. Only 2 or 3 of us made it at that time. These days the possible maximum is greatly extended due to the creation of Belliseria.

I think @Istelathis just posted she did some kind of personal challenge which sounded like this...tagging Stella in case it seems similar!

• Like 1

How interesting, given everyone's responses it seems something like this might have more legs than I supposed even though it was done in jest.  I haven't played Linden Realms or Starchild Rally (or even heard of this one) as the only "games" I've ever played in SL were roleplay.  From what I gather though this is a fairly common game concept even outside of SL.

Frostar to Barney's Bay would be a pretty epic journey.

You can't get there by water alone, you can switch to road at Lordshore but the last regions you would be sneaking across parcels hoping you don't encounter an orb.  

On 7/23/2012 at 7:17 PM, Maelstrom Janus said:

Legalised griefing tools which should be banned. Theyre an inconvenience to sl explorers who arent doing anything wrong...if I was in a sandbox and I was boosted across sl i 'd ar the culprit  -what makes these stupid and ppointless gadgets any different ??

O.o Hmmm, SL explorers who aren't doing anything wrong ... Sadly, it's those SL explorers that pop into houses, flats, rooms where they don't have any business to look for that requires for a lot of us to have those security orbs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Maybe people who don't like orbs, like no public access better.  16 years of SL and I've never used a orb.  

Me either, I'm more of a, Nuke the hell out of'em, then enjoy the pretty mushroom cloud, kina girl.. :D

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.