whats the most realistic looking skins for under 1000L

RoidStroke

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why does everybody think realistic/good skin needs to cost 1000L and more? O_O

Both skins I brought for my human avatars were far under 1000L and both avatars are looking really nice. I bet none of you can spot the difference between a 600L skin and one of this expensive skins.

UncommonTruth wrote:

You should also seach
male complete avatars in the marketplace
. I've found some great looking skins for around the 300l area in ava kits. You can use the shape that comes with it, or not. Bonus there is that you also get some clothes ^.^

Be careful though. Most skins (yes, most) sold  for a very cheap price like under L300 under that category are stolen skins from Unique Megastore, Birth, oh even Skandaloose! Hence they can sell them for such a low price. Apparently some are legit, though.

Join Belleza for 250L. They put out free skins for group members. Once you pay that one time price you get one or more sets of free skins a year and they are good.

Join other skin groups and they will sometimes send free skins too. 

There isn't much in between the expensive ones and the free ones. Not many medium priced top quality skins. So go for the good ones in the group gifts.

UncommonTruth wrote:

Oh? I don't want to support copiers, are there tips, or links for tips, to spot them?

You can find general tips here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Frequently_Asked_Questions_on_the_IP_Complaint_Process#What_steps_can_I_take_to_make_sure_I_don.E2.80.99t_inadvertently_have_content_that_may_be_infringing.3F

But I'm sure it's not an easy thing to spot them, especially for new people. I've seen some times on these forums someone asking if what they found and were going to buy on the marketplace was legit or not because it sounded too good to be true, so when you come across such dubious offers, it's also good to ask people. Also often on those listing you can find reviews from those who spotted.

Either that or the skins don't look nearly as good once on the avatar.One is often scratching their head and thinking "what happened between the ad and the purchase?"

The crap thing for male avatars is finding good skins for cheap is a bit hard to do, whether it was copied or not.

Belleza would probably be your best bet in this case, I almost recommended Razzanova but i forgot they have only female skins :S

If it helps with things - no one really looks much at male avatars anyways so you are on the right track for not wanting to invest a lot of money.

One to stay away from even if they do have male skins is Noya - though they have semi-decent products at a really good price, they tend to spam to no end.

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

Either that or the skins don't look nearly as good once on the avatar.One is often scratching their head and thinking "what happened between the ad and the purchase?"

The crap thing for male avatars is finding good skins for cheap is a bit hard to do, whether it was copied or not.

Belleza would probably be your best bet in this case, I almost recommended Razzanova but i forgot they have only female skins
:S

If it helps with things - no one really looks much at male avatars anyways so you are on the right track for not wanting to invest a lot of money.

One to stay away from even if they do have male skins is Noya - though they have semi-decent products at a really good price, they tend to spam to no end.

i have to ask, if no one looks at us, why are we here? and why do 99% of the females i have met love to take us shopping?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.