Hi I'm Jimmy. Are vampires scary?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Maybe you should ask that in another room ( points to Roleplay section ).

Hi ROB34466llla, I'm Jimmy. 

My question was not roleplay, it was a general discussion about vampires.  It was moved according to your liking.  Thank you for moderating the forum. 

JimmyCorrigan wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Maybe you should ask that in another room ( points to Roleplay section ).

Hi ROB34466llla, I'm Jimmy. 

My question was not roleplay, it was a general discussion about vampires.  It was moved according to your liking.  Thank you for moderating the forum. 

Hi Jimmy,

The moderation team executes on behalf of the company. I have no moderation abilities here, nor have I reported your post as inappropriate.

I merely made a suggestion. You elaborated why you posted it where you did. Fair enough.

The decision to eventually place the thread where it is, was never mine.

PS I made the suggestion, because I thought it more likely a section where you' d meet kindred. It was not meant arbitrarily.

JimmyCorrigan wrote:

They are scary to me. 

Do you think they are sexy or scary?

When I was little, I thought they talked funny ("I vont to sock your blawd"?!), though I shared their love of the dark. That's when all the spooky things come out to play.

Now that I'm an adult, I still think they talk funny ("Wanna bite?") and I seem to annoy them.

So they are neither sexy nor scary, unless they understand string theory. Then they are both.

JimmyCorrigan wrote:

They are scary to me. 

Do you think they are sexy or scary?

I never thot vampires were very scary or sexy .. I thot the idea of em was pretty dumb .. But then i watched Let the Right One In .. yeah Eli is pretty scary :matte-motes-oh-rly:

Jeanne

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

In theory only the 'General Discussion Forum' can have topics which are not related to Second Life.  So if you're talking about vampires other than in Second Life in theory it would be better to have this moved back to the 'General Discussion Forum.'

In practice it probably doesn't matter.

Hi Qwaliphi.

I was seeking maximum viewer ship for a general discussion about vampires.  The Roleplay forum is for roleplaying. 

I would think a tiny little creature such as a chipmunk would be most frightened of vampires... they get eaten first don't they?

JimmyCorrigan wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

In theory only the 'General Discussion Forum' can have topics which are not related to Second Life.  So if you're talking about vampires other than in Second Life in theory it would be better to have this moved back to the 'General Discussion Forum.'

In practice it probably doesn't matter.

Hi Qwaliphi.

I was seeking maximum viewer ship for a general discussion about vampires.  The Roleplay forum is for roleplaying. 

I would think a tiny little creature such as a chipmunk would be most frightened of vampires... they get eaten first don't they?

/me quickly jumps inbetween and lifts his index pointing towards Jimmy.

Now watch it , buddy.. Nobody touches the chipmunk. I already shoved garlick down a vampire' s throat today in the forums so don' t pu**bleep** .. :robotmad:

ETA .... push it ... damn censorship .. :robotindifferent:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

JimmyCorrigan wrote:

/me quickly jumps inbetween and lifts his index pointing towards Jimmy.

Now watch it , buddy.. Nobody touches the chipmunk. I already shoved garlick down a vampire' s throat today in the forums so don' t pu**bleep** ..

Scary stuff ^^

Love vampires!  Have loved them since I was a little girl watching Bela Lugosi's & Christopher Lee's Dracula.  Not a fan of the Twilight crew.  More a Lestat groupie, and Eric from True Blood, and Vampire Diaries.

When I came here & heard about vampires, I thought "cool!"  But, the way the new user places played them up as being griefer-like (spammy), put me off.  I don't have time to pay for some game to rack up points and annoy people  Though, I wouldn't mind dressing up as one.  

The idea of vampires is scary and interesting.. someone who is pretty much cursed and unable to walk into the sunlight.. who has to sustain his immortality by devouring the blood of the living.

What it's become recently is pretty lame.  Highschool looking vampires making stink faces at school girls so they can go play baseball and love each other.  Going on a long rant about how you're a monster and you can't show the world what you really are.. only to be extremely anticlimatic by stepping into the sunlight and sparkling.

In Second Life I feel like vampires are the second case.  Lots of invites to clubs to dance on poseballs and find internet girlfriends.. dressing up as shirtless cowboys and line dancing.  In other words, it's every other god damn sim in second life.

At one time I thought vampires were scary and cool but with all things they have managed to wring as much money out of it as they can and continue wringing it.  Interview With A Vampire I thought was one of the best movies I've seen, by the time the Underworld movies started coming out the genre started feeling stale and I never got around to seeing the last one (Kate Beckinsale in tight latex holds my attention for only so long), and then the Twilight series ... they just couldn't let 90210 stay dead.

In SL I rarely realise someone is a vamp until I see it in their profile, or get hit with the bite request.  Their not much more then an annoying insect on the first bite request, and after multiple bite requests they're muted.  A really scary monster there.

I'd say the old vamp / goth / emo stuff was pretty good. I've had a friend who joined back in the golden age of when that scene was more popular. (seems kind of..dead..?)

I've looked at the new vamp shops, and theres sexy things for girl and guy avas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.