How do some avatars become famous?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Saphira Nuyasaka wrote:

I also just noticed a bit of irony. As a "consequence" to creating this forum topic, I'm now a recognized resident. I know it's only a forum rank and doesn't actually mean anything, but I think the name is ironic to what I'm trying to not accomplish.

Not only "recognised" but now "honored" :)

16 wrote:

famous is maybe the wrong word but we ended up in a thread called famous q:  (:

legendary maybe then from an historical perspective. if we want to put a name to stuff that we take for granted today 

I have to disagree with you again. To be honest, I think that some of your posts in this thread are the only ones of yours (that I've seen) that I've actually disagreed with. Your posts are always extremely sensible. Anyway...

"legendary" and "famous" mean pretty much the same thing. There may be subtle differences but they both mean 'well-known among the general population'. The examples you've been putting up are examples of well-know things, but the people behind the things aren't well-know at all, imo. SexGen, for instance, is a well-known think (system), but the people behind it are only known by a relatively small number of people, so they are not famous, legendary, or well-known. Another example is the Ivory thing. It's quite well-known but the person behind it isn't.

Communities are small, compared to SL as a whole. I personally know, or know of probably every av in my field. Hopefully some of them know me lol.

Point being- if you want to ensure that you get absolutely no recognition in your given community, whether it be design, fashion, music, clubbing, furry- Have fun in that lonely skybox. Get a security orb, shop on the marketplace, and be prepared to never leave your home or talk to anyone. How fun! Seriously, I am the biggest hermit I know and I still have managed to know people. Go figure.

From resident to recognised to honoured (even if only with US spellings ^^) .

Thanks for giving us an excuse to remember all these people :-0

[ETA: Oh yeah, Desmond Shang - more or less the whole of Caledon is his testimony.

And there's no point to this "are they famous or not?" stuff - the other day Mellita posted about some actor that had died.  Apparently terribly famous in the USA.  Unheard of outside it]

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Ann Otoole wrote:

Everybody luffs me!

(not)

Hah !

That' s only because you' re NOT as notorious as AnnMarie Otoole :robottongue:

You have no idea how much grief I have endured because of her. And our rez dates are like a couple days apart that adds to the conspiracy theory lmao.

Ann Otoole wrote:

You have no idea how much grief I have endured because of her.

You have no idea how much grief I experience by those damn vehicles. Guess you' re finding out first hand and by mistake of others I' m not the only one apparantly.

I mean seriously ... who wants to get hit by a giant Trojan horse on the road ? .. or a tank ? :|

Well .. not really .. but SL roads could do fine without them imo.

16 wrote:

famous sl avatars not linden

+

Steller Sunshine - builder

Anshe Chung - mega baron

Ziggy Puff - animation overrider

Stroker Serpentine - poseball

Adam Zaius - opensim

Eddy Stryker - copybot

Plastic Duck - greifer

Argent Stonecutter - flight feather

Luc Aubret - blitzer

Chip Midnight - clothing template

Day Oh - ocean waves

Hamlet Au - blogger

Nice list..I dont know all on it. Could I add Dizzy Banjo...Bettina Tizzy...YadNi Monde....Random Calliope....Tizzers Foxchase (inf.)....Prokofy Neva (inf.)......omg...we're making a....."THE LIST"

But a second after i click "post" ill remember all the ones I forgot.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

.Prokofy Neva
(
inf.
)

Infamous ?

I found out at the very least he' s a quick, precise, generous,and effective landlord who' s not just out on Linden. That' s no reason for infamy.

Tiffy Vella wrote:
omg...we're making a....."THE LIST"

Then we most certainly should not leave out Jopsy Pendragon.

16 wrote:

famous sl avatars not linden

+

Steller Sunshine - builder

Anshe Chung - mega baron

Ziggy Puff - animation overrider

Stroker Serpentine - poseball

Adam Zaius - opensim

Eddy Stryker - copybot

Plastic Duck - greifer

Argent Stonecutter - flight feather

Luc Aubret - blitzer

Chip Midnight - clothing template

Day Oh - ocean waves

Hamlet Au - blogger

Never hearduv enny uv em ...

Jeanne

Ceka Cianci wrote:

can't believe you guys forgot WASTED!!!\o/

i had a whole wall dedicated to his beliefs hehehe

/me mumbles : Ceka .. topic is about fame instead of infamy ... is not about your liking to bad boys. :robottongue:

Why do women always take to bad boys ? :robotindifferent:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.