How do some avatars become famous?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Oh--I must add that I just met Elvis inworld (am never washing my left hand ever again!!!)

What exactly did you do with him?  :matte-motes-agape:

Thankyou for making me lose a mouthful of morning coffee. I really want to salvage any good reputation by establishing that I reached out as he passed and touched the hem of his shiny shiny sequinny coat. Then promptly fainted on the club floor.

It wasn't the best choice of place to collapse. Woke up all sore and
sticky.

lol sticky? now that is something that brings up very scarry ideas.

Hi Everyone!  I have been keeping up with this tread, and good information all around by everyone!  I believe the true hero and famous person in Second Life is the everyday Joe or Jane, that goes on day after day helping people.  The helpers at the various learning places in SL, and the individuals who give freely of themselves to help others.  Just my opinion.

Peace!

Saphira Nuyasaka wrote:

As most of you probably know, there's some people who are known all across SL, and sometimes the internet. I'm curious, how does this usually happen? Is it that their avatars are very unique and appealing, is it that they're a good artist and draw their character often and it got popular... What is it?

The few folks who have fame on -that- level usually have it for Jerry Springer types of reasons. That is not a good sort of fame to have. I'll say that there are very few of these - less than a handful, a single hand, less than that...

Better to be famous in certain circles - that can usually occur for good reasons, such as in your third sentence there.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Oh--I must add that I just met Elvis inworld (am never washing my left hand ever again!!!)

There actually is or was a user with avatar name "Elvis Presley." Actual name, not "ElvisPresley Resident" or what not. Was partnered to a "Priscilla Presley," wore a 70s-ish Elvis in a jumpsuit avatar, the whole thing. Needless to say, I friended him. Still have the calling card, though I suspect the account is long gone.

16 wrote:

is a little bit different

an F from Prokofy means you feted by linden. we still working out what this F means. so far F for never heard of them, is winning. jejejejeje (:

FIC stands for "Feted Inner Core," hence the "F" is "Feted."

http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/Oldbie_Conspiracy

http://www.fetedinnercore.com/

The Feted Inner Core doesn't actually exist. They told me so themselves, so you know I'm telling the truth.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

isn't it Governess Linden?

or does it change depending on who is running it?? i always thought it was an account for certain lindens to use..

Well, the *account* is Governor Linden, but yes, many others may in fact use the account.

I personally have only seen the Gov as a female, though. In the last few times I've seen here, she has looked like this

Governor Linden at current

She used to look like this:

Governor Linden in earlier times

Marianne McCann wrote:

Tiffy Vella wrote:

There actually is or was a user with avatar name "Elvis Presley." Actual name, not "ElvisPresley Resident" or what not. Was partnered to a "Priscilla Presley," wore a 70s-ish Elvis in a jumpsuit avatar, the whole thing. Needless to say, I friended him. Still have the calling card, though I suspect the account is long gone.

Of course if you play World of Warcraft and have a Night Elf Priest you have the option to call yourself ElvishPriestly.

16 wrote:

famous sl avatars not linden

+

Steller Sunshine - builder

Anshe Chung - mega baron

Ziggy Puff - animation overrider

Stroker Serpentine - poseball

Adam Zaius - opensim

Eddy Stryker - copybot

Plastic Duck - greifer

Argent Stonecutter - flight feather

Luc Aubret - blitzer

Chip Midnight - clothing template

Day Oh - ocean waves

Hamlet Au - blogger

A couple quick corrections...

1. Yes, Steller Sunshine is a builder, but so are a lot of people. Steller, however, is the first non-Linden Resident of the Second Life grid and built some of the very first items in SL, including the Beanstalk and the Governor's mansion. 

2. I think the pose ball is more likely to be credited to CrystalShard Foo. Stroker, however, made his name in pixel sex, the multip pose bed or whatever, that sort of thing. 

3. Plastic Duck is, well, more than *just* a griefer, but definitely a provacateur. He's also well-known on his alt for megaprims.

Marianne McCann wrote:

16 wrote:

an F from Prokofy means you feted by linden. we still working out what this F means. so far F for never heard of them, is winning. jejejejeje (:

The Feted Inner Core doesn't actually exist. They told me so themselves, so you know I'm telling the truth.

I thot it was pretty well known that certain players .. like those Justice League guys who rip IP addies & then harrass ppl they dont like in RL .. get away w/ things like that cuz ther friends with certain LL employees .. Or is that just a 'conspiracy theory' too ??

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Marianne McCann wrote:

16 wrote:

I thot it was pretty well known that certain players .. like those Justice League guys who rip IP addies & then harrass ppl they dont like in RL .. get away w/ things like that cuz ther friends with certain LL employees .. Or is that just a 'conspiracy theory' too ??

Jeanne

I seem to recall, in one breack of their super-secret Wiki, they mentioned being chummy with a Linden or two. I also seem to recall a lot of it read like bragging/puffery, so who's to know the real story.

I know a lot of people got into a lot of trouble over the IP harvesting, though, so there's that.

Marianne McCann wrote:

16 wrote:

seems that if you have to ask if you are FIC then you not

unless you make pink prefabs. then you feted with an 'i' apparently. or something like that

Marianne McCann wrote:

3. Plastic Duck is, well, more than *just* a griefer, but definitely a provacateur. He's also well-known on his alt for megaprims.

when people claim that they are uberl33t sl griffer then i just say: you not look like a duck

when they go wut ??? then i start laughing

you right that plastic duck done lots of other things as well. quite a few good things even. but the duck is no. 1 greifer of all time. and is the most famous of them all i think

emmettcullen93 wrote:

so what does it take to become famous in sl? i got 2 threads over 100 posts. what next.

(is waiting to be challenged eager to prove himself after all i am a vampire) hehe

Something in-world, not in the forums, and with thousands or tens of thousands of users/visitors/customers.  Off you go, report back tomorrow.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.