How do some avatars become famous?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

talking about vampires

over here http://blog.nalates.net/2012/04/12/second-life-interesting/#more-7052

they had a vote about sl web promo pics

the vampires only got 1 vote

i was the 1 vote for the vampires just bc i think is a bit sad if something gets like 0 votes

+

is like this guy i read about. he ran for a job in a town election. mayor i think. he got 0 votes

the reporter ask him how come. didnt he vote for himself? the guy said no. he voted for the other guy bc he thought he was actual the better man for the job

but. he was a bit disappoint that his wife thought so as well

jejejejejeje (:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Yep .. when all else fails .. call on Ed Wood. He sure knew how to preserve the frightening legend of the vampire. *laugh*

Don' t sweat it, emmet .. these oldbies just gamble you never seen Plan 9 from Outer Space before ... ^.^

I downloaded Plan 9 a while ago.  It's public domain (I don't think anyone wants the copyright!)

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Yep .. when all else fails .. call on Ed Wood. He sure knew how to preserve the frightening legend of the vampire. *laugh*

Don' t sweat it, emmet .. these oldbies just gamble you never seen Plan 9 from Outer Space before ... ^.^

I downloaded Plan 9 a while ago.  It's public domain (I don't think anyone
wants
 the copyright!)

C'mon Peter, how can you fault a movie in which there is the line "future events such as these will affect you... in the future"?!

And that big bald blubbery guy? Be still my beating heart!!!!

PeterCanessa Oh wrote: (I don't think anyone
wants
 the copyright!)

/me waves his finger patronisingly : " No, no, no. Older is better. And only new generation vamps are silly."

Errr....

/me quickly tucks away his finger behind his back.

As has been pointed out, whatever one may think of Ed Wood and his work he has made and released more movies than most of the rest of us.  Plan 9 particularly has a place in movie history.  It might not be a great place, but it's more memorable than an awful lot of stuff.

[For those who don't know this and haven't bothered to check - Ed Wood was a film director of dubious talent.  Plan 9 From Outer Space, one of his films, is generally considered the worst film ever made.  Major competition for that 'accolade' mostly comes from his other films]

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Ed Wood was a film director of dubious talent.  Plan 9 From Outer Space, one of his films, is generally considered the worst film ever made. 

These days .. when a director disassociates from a movie prior to release credits go to Ed Wood.

He musta done something right ... so infamous he became famous as a creditable feature.

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Ed Wood was a film director of dubious talent.  Plan 9 From Outer Space, one of his films, is generally considered the worst film ever made. 

These days .. when a director disassociates from a movie prior to release credits go to Ed Wood.

He musta done something right ... so infamous he became famous as a creditable feature.

Isn't that Alan Smithee?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smithee

Sy Beck wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Isn't that Alan Smithee?  

Oh .... :robotsurprised:

... I mixed ' em up. :robotembarrassed:

Damnit , Sy .. I don' t expect to be actually checked ... :robotfrustrated:

CrystalShard Foo wrote:

I've noticed most avatars get famous (or infamous) by one of those three attributes:

• They make a popular product that you see everywhere.
  • They make enough social noise - positive or negative -  to get noticed.
  • They've done something extraordinary that gets people talking.

SL fame comes and goes pretty quickly, by the way - much of our userbase gets changed every year, with only a core membership sticking to its guns for the longer term. This swap means that unless whatever had made you famous will keep making noise well into the next generation, you will get flushed down the has-been bin soon enough.

Also, a quick tip - if you spot someone who's: a. Been in SecondLife for a long time and b. Are known to create things, chances are they are or were famous at one point or another. Ask them about it - they'll probably have some fun stories.

Who was it who collapsed the grid w/ gray goo?

Seems like theyd be the most famous person in sl ever !!

Jeanne

emmettcullen93 wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

PeterCanessa Oh wrote: (I don't think anyone
wants
 the copyright!)

/me waves his finger patronisingly : " No, no, no. Older is better. And only new generation vamps are silly."

silly? really?

Orly ?

Yarly !

ETA : .. but not really.

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.