Enhancements Gone Berserk

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Luna :)

Yes, I got charged for 24 subscriptions in between 10 minutes, the due dates are different, I spreaded them over the month to make sure that I do not get charged like 50k at once. After they took my money, the status of subscriptions was not changed, not able to edit or remove subscriptions too. But I did end all possible subscriptions for now before they take more money.

Here is the other forum entry about this:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/2-Subscriptions-issues/td-p/1472781

Surely an attempt to refund advertising to merchants during this bug season gone wrong.

Sorry to hear of your search, I mean listing, err, that is delivery, err ... BILLING  problem.

It appears to be a huge, I mean ... small, err ... ISOLATED incident.

You may need to call support to be told to file a ticket to be told to file a Jira to have it consolidated into another Jira to be closed.

When will it ever end?  I had a slew of enhancment charges today -- I asked my very capable assistant to see if she could figure out what they were for. Well HELL NO she can't do that because THERE IS NO WAY TO TRACK what item is being enhanced.

I have dozens of enhancments -- charging mulitple times for them will quickly mean losses in the thousands of DOLLARS.

I am thoroughly disgusted. It just gets worse every day.

LL makes the public schools I worked in look like models of efficiency and competence.

Oh my I have been charged 15 times for enhanced adds in a span of an hour. 4 times for 899L even though I only have one add at that price..this is giving me grey hair. Cant tell what adds have been charged or if they at all are mine..

I will be making a ticket as soon as back from travelling. Somehow filing a ticket trough my smart phone isnt very tempting. :-) In the mean time I am watching to see if there is any news and hope I wont be charged for more.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

To those affected by this - have you filed a Support ticket? This sounds out of control, so they do need to be alerted. And yes, it is entirely possible they will say start a JIRA for this (unless one exists already).

Not possible Arwen, as far as I know -- they can charge me as much as they like and I have no way to know what I am being charged for.

Ticket sent too, waiting for respond, also included the link to this forum topic.

Well, we dont know for what we been charged for, if that our enhancements or the ones from another merchant. As mentioned befoe my reply.. LL can charge us whatever they want, we have NO option to compare this strange transaction history from secondlife account with the marketplace account /lisitng enhancement... even in world more and more people mention issues...2 of them said, they were charged for something they never bought just now.. one did order something for 6k but didnt.. maybe marketplace should be shut down for a week until everything is fixed... more and more people shop inworld again tho.

We don't have to worry about this anymore :)

Apparently we weren't charged for some enhancements going back perhaps 2 weeks, and they are finally fixing this by charging everyone today.

I discovered all of my charges today were accurate (they represented 4 I wasn't charged for in the past).

Luna Bliss wrote:

We don't have to worry about this anymore
:)

Apparently we weren't charged for some enhancements going back perhaps 2 weeks, and they are finally fixing this by charging everyone today.

I discovered all of my charges today were accurate (they represented 4 I wasn't charged for in the past).

And where did you get this information?  Nobody told me anything like that. They said file a ticket and that's what I did, with no response so far.

Luna Bliss wrote:

Dakota announced this in the Commerce group today.

It would be nice if these kinds of changes were announced in advance so we wouldn't all scramble around and worry.

What?? So they inform a handful of people and expect gossip to do the rest?

Cos yeah that's how professionals do PR and project managment...

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

Luna Bliss wrote:

It would be nice if these kinds of changes were announced in advance so we wouldn't all scramble around and worry.

The Commerce Team should be embarrassed.  IMO if they had any desire at all to keep their paying customers happy (or, just keep their paying customers!), they would have swallowed the delayed enhancement fees and cut their losses, as well as explained what was happening.  It was the company's fault the payments were delayed, not their customers'.  So disappointing (pathetic) the way all this stuff is going down... 

LL seems to forget that residents who are merchants are still most definitely customers, and often the ones paying the biggest fees, tiers, and sinks!

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

Luna Bliss wrote:

They probably plan on announcing it on via Twitter or Facebook (if they announce it at all) just like they have been doing with all communications lately.  I guess if you don't follow them on twitter or have a facebook account then your just not important to them as a customer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.