VMM again - just when everything seemed to go so well :(

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sonya, as of 2 minutes ago, when you try to download the VMM viewer through your link, it immediately says there is an upgrade and points you to the regular official viewer download.

I just quit out of the viewer until I can get some clarification. 

Edited to add: It is a mandatory upgrade, so you can't log in unless you do it. No way to bypass it and use the Beta Viewer.

Thankfully, I don't upload products to marketplace everyday and can even go a few weeks without making a new product, because I refuse to use the LL viewer much less a release candidate LL viewer.  So I am on hiatus until Firestorm comes out with their VMM compatible viewer. 

Blush Bravin wrote:

Thankfully, I don't upload products to marketplace everyday and can even go a few weeks without making a new product, because I refuse to use the LL viewer much less a release candidate LL viewer.  So I am on hiatus until Firestorm comes out with their VMM compatible viewer. 

I think that's eminently sensible.  Hopefully it won't be too long until firestorm release the update.

(ChinRey, I'm replying to everyone who reads this thread - I just replied to your first post since that was the easiest way to get my message here.)

IMO, the migration is a mess.  On July 30, 2015, my store was automatically migrated.  I have a total of 532 active listings.  When I checked on the night of July 30, all 532 listings were intact on the MP.  As of July 31, 2015, only 190 were actively listed.  The rest are unlisted.  I am manually going through the list and listing them myself.  It is not immediate at all.  The listing does not show up in the store for quite a while. 

Seriously, this is just a mess and unacceptable -  LL is dealing with many individual's real life income (whether in part or in whole). 

My suggestion to those who were recently migrated (and I believe migrations were supposed to be complete by July 30), check your stores.  Make sure ALL your active listings are there.

edited to add:  To those who are reading this - CTL reached out to me as soon as they saw this post (thank you!).  They are addressing this issue.  They are aware of it and troubleshooting it.

I'm not absolutely sure I remember correctly but I checked the total number of listings on MP a week or two ago and I think it was a little over 3.7 millions. Right now it's 3 616 137 so it seems at least 100 000 listings got lost. Hard to say how many disppeared for unexpected reasons though; we already knew old passive merchants with magic boxes would disappear with VMM.

Here's Jira for item description changes,. Please post here, Brooke Linden is working on this but if we don't post issue things won't get fixedhttps://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VMM-97

I'm kinda confused that I was bitching about all this last week and opened two Jira. Only two people responded to me here.  I was on a shared screen with Brooke Linden the other day, and she's asking us to use the Jira. 

Faye, 28 of my items had description changes.  I discovered it last night, so I don't know when it actually happened.  Like you, my store also experienced a large number of unlistings due to the migration last week.

I added my comments to the JIRA for the missing descriptions.

Are you still finding that descriptions are randomly changing, or has it stopped?  I'm wondering if I need to keep checking my store, or if now that I corrected them if they will stay that way...

I have 535 listings. Believe me, I was not a happy camper going through page by page searching for something that looked "out of whack".  In the other thread, I mentioned this:

**PLEASE restore the "Object" field (Item Name) to the Merchant Home-> Manage Listings section. It existed prior to the change to VMM. Now we only see the product description (Listing Name). Having BOTH the Item and Listing names allows Merchants to check their work quickly and efficiently. Had the Item/object field existed, I would not have had to go through my store, product by product, page by page to discover where the listing name/description errors were. I would have been able to just scan the Manage Listings page for inconsistencies between the two columns.  I always used the Item and Listing name fields as accuracy checks after listing a product. PLEASE RESTORE IT. **

If we had that - going through the listings and finding mismatches would be far less time consuming.

I have a suspicion that while you are busy fixing descriptions and listing items, CTL and the Dev Team are running database updates to "fix" things they overlooked. Net result? You change, they fix, you re-change, they re-fix ... 

"How do you drive a Merchant Crazy?"

"Turn paper over for answer...."

I've been at this for a week, the name changing started a week ago. My first two weeks went without a hitch. My biggest issue now, other than the name change, is the random delisting, but you can relist on the website, which I didn't realize and was relisting by hand. If you just got the merger and you're not getting everything listed, it's because the merge couldn't locate the file (exact) in your folder. Many of us make changes to items listed, so that would pose a problem. You can associate it, and relist it rather fast. If you make a sale, that's a good time to check name changes. Also if you have more than one word in the title that is the same, for me Pat A Kake, then Baby, so Baby Bib, will change to Tux Baby Red.

Also, don't be tempted to refill on Firestorm, EVEN though you will see the folders. There's a known glitch to that. Brooke Linden told me not to do it, so I stopped.

I was able to associate about 300 items in a day, so the relisting for ones missed in merger should go fast enough. BUT once you delete the items in the Managed Listing folders on the website, AFTER you assoicated it with a file, it's gone for good. So if something happens and you have to relist an item, you have to literally RELIST it from scratch, which can be a hassel if you listed something years ago and you need to find an image. I'm here online if anyone has further questions.

One other thing, I've tried to use the Linden viewer as my main viewer. However, it's really hard to build with it because of all known reasons listed many times. I'm, like all, forced to go back and forth. Cool VL Viewer has VMM but I was unable to run it, and while trying it delisted everything. So tread carefully. Also Black Dragon, but I'm unable to locate the removal tool, or find the files. I'm puter savvy so I'd not put that on your system unless you can find the files. BD would not run on my system, and also delisted my entire store, with some serious losses that had to be totally relisted. Just becareful trying other things. We have to wait for Firestorm. I'm not sure why they're not ready to go. Maybe they're just tired of the BS and time spent, I don't know. But it sucks.

One more thing. Don't delete items from two viewers. Pick one and stick to it. I lost 35K 2 years ago when using both viewers, Firestorm and Linden's Offical Viewer, and deleting from both. I emptied my trash on Linden's viewer and that's when the loss happened. Linden logged my account for hours and were just as confused as me as to where the items went. I later read somewhere about a bug that would cause that. I'm sorry but I don't have that resource now. I do have an article about it, and I'll post it here.

http://www.kakiadesigns.com/2012/08/the-risks-of-virtual-business-in-second.html

Sorry everyone, one more thing. Remember to take a copy of anything you have listed. Once you put it into MP it's gone out of your inventory, other than in the VMM folders. No copy items, would be gone for good, and if it's just a script, you'll lose your original designs, like I would.

The next few hours are going to be interesting. We've just entered the first asset server breakdown after VMM. I suppose that will affect MP deliveries too from now on.

(Edit: Confirmed, already got cries for help in some groups from people who never got their MP purchases. Some merchants are going to get really busy doing redliveries the next day or two.)

As for items getting unlisted, the total number of lsitings on MP is now down to 3 615 530, almost 1000 less than it was last time I checked, four days ago. The Magic Boxes haven't been deactivated yet and I can't merchants have started pulling out of MP so I suspect the unlisting problems continue.

Me, I just stay away from MP right now. I don't touch anything there, just waiting for the dust to settle. I've been spending my time clearing out my inventory instead. Seems more useful than fighting the inevitable and definitely more fun. Except, of course right now with the asset servers down I can' do that either... Time to see if this RL thing people keep talking about has anything going on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.